The log of a retarded social reject.

Reaction score
How's it looking bro?
Since I went to the gym yesterday (Monday) morning I decided I wouldn't go again in the evening and instead would wait so I could do it right from a fresh start. The plan is only for M-W-F so I guess that makes today another rest day and I'll be doing my first workout session following that program tomorrow.

Reaction score
You grow when you are resting. If you're lifting 7 days a week then one of two things will happen..

1. You won't grow much because you aren't letting your body to properly rest and repair itself.

2. You won't grow much because if you can lift 7 days a week then chances are you are not lifting with enough intensity or effort to stimulate growth.

Based on what you said regarding your physique goal, then I think it's fine to eat poor choices now and again. However you must still track calories, and you must still prioritize protein intake.

If you don't get enough protein, then muscle protein synthesis will take a big hit. And if you don't track calories, and choose to eat dirty because you want to "enjoy life", then there's a good chance you'll put on more fat than anything else.

Regarding your weight... don't use it as a measure of success. Instead use it as a metric you track to determine a directional trend for your weight; matter of fact, if you do this I advise you use a 7 day rolling average to measure the trend... as opposed to the actual weight you see on the scale daily. Gaining too much too fast, and its probably water or fat.

1. Use the scale to calculate a 7 day rolling average to track the trend of which direction your weight is going, and by how much.

2. Use the mirror or better yet take pictures weekly, using the same poses and in the same room with the same lighting, as a way to guage or measure whether you are making progress torwards your physique goals. This paints a much better picture than just numbers on a scale by itself.
Oh yeah for sure like I said I'm still keeping my macros in generally good shape, I just decided not to go crazy with tracking every calorie in and out. The rest is great advice though, thank you.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure like I said I'm still keeping my macros in generally good shape, I just decided not to go crazy with tracking every calorie in and out. The rest is great advice though, thank you.
You absolutely should track everything. Even if it's a best guess. For example, if you eat dominos then go look up the nutritional data for their pizzas and plug that into your app manually.

Or if wherever you eat doesn't have nutritional data available, then at least search the MFP database for something similar and use that as a best guess.

Diet, training, and rest are the main components to drive growth. Would you go into the gym and not document how much weight you lifted, or how many reps you did in a set? Of course not.... Because that lets you know how you should try to progress the next time you perform that exercise.

Similarly, if you end up at a point where you stop gaining mass... or you start getting fat... then how are you going to know what you should probably do to course correct and fix that. The answer isn't always necessarily to eat more or less food.

Data is your friend, and will let you achieve your goals that much faster.

Good luck

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Since I went to the gym yesterday (Monday) morning I decided I wouldn't go again in the evening and instead would wait so I could do it right from a fresh start. The plan is only for M-W-F so I guess that makes today another rest day and I'll be doing my first workout session following that program tomorrow.
Awesome, man! If you have any questions about it hit me up!

Reaction score
@Slabiathan

Okay! Just got back from the gym. I did the program, today is Weds so it was deadlift and bench. It was alright but I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol. I was in and out of the gym in like 15 minutes tops. I also added in some seated lat pull downs and curls. The deadlift was definitely effective but I feel like I still have gas in the tank for the bench. I amrap'd my final set and went until total failure, but now not even 30 min later I feel like I could knock out another set of 5.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
@Slabiathan

Okay! Just got back from the gym. I did the program, today is Weds so it was deadlift and bench. It was alright but I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol. I was in and out of the gym in like 15 minutes tops. I also added in some seated lat pull downs and curls. The deadlift was definitely effective but I feel like I still have gas in the tank for the bench. I amrap'd my final set and went until total failure, but now not even 30 min later I feel like I could knock out another set of 5.
Could you write out what you did? The weights and reps?

Reaction score
Could you write out what you did? The weights and reps?
For sure, I did pretty much exactly what was on the program. So on bench I did a warm up set of 5x135lbs, then 2 sets of 5x175lbs. Then my final amrap set I only managed to squeeze out one extra and did 6x175lbs. Then deadlift I did a warm up of 5x135lbs. Then the program was only 1 set with amraps so I managed to do 6x205lbs for that. Then for lat pulls I did 5x120lb for warmup and then 5x140lb. For curls I skipped the warmup and just did 3x80lb.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
For sure, I did pretty much exactly what was on the program. So on bench I did a warm up set of 5x135lbs, then 2 sets of 5x175lbs. Then my final amrap set I only managed to squeeze out one extra and did 6x175lbs. Then deadlift I did a warm up of 5x135lbs. Then the program was only 1 set with amraps so I managed to do 6x205lbs for that. Then for lat pulls I did 5x120lb for warmup and then 5x140lb. For curls I skipped the warmup and just did 3x80lb.
What were your rest periods like?

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
I'm not sure I didn't count, just until I felt ready to take on the next set. Maybe like a minute or two.
From my experience you won't feel super destroyed or super sore from this program. You just get stronger every session. On bench days you could also add some triceps if you want to feel more fatigue.

Reaction score
From my experience you won't feel super destroyed or super sore from this program. You just get stronger every session. On bench days you could also add some triceps if you want to feel more fatigue.
I mean if it won't help add more mass/strength then I don't want to do it just for the sake of feeling destroyed lol. I just feel like there's more I can do to maximize gains. I'm not experienced at all though so maybe that feeling is wrong.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
I mean if it won't help add more mass/strength then I don't want to do it just for the sake of feeling destroyed lol. I just feel like there's more I can do to maximize gains. I'm not experienced at all though so maybe that feeling is wrong.
As you keep adding weight you will get stronger and add on that mass as long as you are eating for it. Your next session is OHP and Squat right?

New Threads