Third time this year I've been admitted to the hospital for fucking..

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Yep. Good old-fashioned table sugar. It's something my mom taught me, but it seems to always work. For everybody.
I'll give it a shot next time. While singing the Mary Poppins song

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Baclofen will stop the hiccups acutely but you still gotta figure out why you're having hiccups in the first place.
I'm on Baclofen and like five other meds, I will check them out in the morning and post them.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes i use CPAP, ever since my thyroid went out I have two thermoses of water that carry with me everywhere I go because I'm thirsty all the time. I don't think I would consider my food dry.
I could be dead wrong but my logic thinks it has something to do with my hiatal hernia since both have to do with the diaphragm. Last year I was throwing up and I had the most intense pain in my lower sternum like something ripped open I was in tears. Whenever I do throw up I'm not one and done, I throw up until bile comes out and I'm very loud about it. I will say about 8 years ago when my ulcer was fixed My vomiting spells have dropped 90%
Great.

Well. I'm not sure how involved you are with your sleep therapy. But, well I didn't even know my BIL was using a CPAP all I knew he was suffering from really painfull stomache pains. Went to every doc possible for it. Gastro said it was gerd and acid reflux and gastritis. Honestly at the time I thought it was all bullshit. He changed his whole eating habits and still would have issues. Well flash forward, I now use a CPAP and I started feeling some issues. So I asked him if he's ever felt like xxxxxxx he said I had gerd and reflux and gastritis. I told him he's fucking crazy and I don't have any of that. His tests and exams were all normal no issues. But he still had all them pains.
I asked him if he ever felt like his stomache hurt like a Budweiser horse kicked him. he said that's exactly how he feels and that his doc said it was gastritis. Again I told him he's fucking crazy and his doctor is just telling him he has something because sometimes u have to tell your patient he has something to please em.

Turns out I was right. It was the CPAP. No gastritis no gerd no inflammation. Just straight regular CPAP. The machine was putting too much air and it would go into the stomache. He said the pains started around when he started his CPAP so we adjusted pressure dialed down etc etc and now it's much better

How involved are you with your CPAP?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Yep. Good old-fashioned table sugar. It's something my mom taught me, but it seems to always work. For everybody.
Wonder if the concept is like cold peanut butter. Where it is slow to go down and helps control the contractions to get back to normal.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Great.

Well. I'm not sure how involved you are with your sleep therapy. But, well I didn't even know my BIL was using a CPAP all I knew he was suffering from really painfull stomache pains. Went to every doc possible for it. Gastro said it was gerd and acid reflux and gastritis. Honestly at the time I thought it was all bullshit. He changed his whole eating habits and still would have issues. Well flash forward, I now use a CPAP and I started feeling some issues. So I asked him if he's ever felt like xxxxxxx he said I had gerd and reflux and gastritis. I told him he's fucking crazy and I don't have any of that. His tests and exams were all normal no issues. But he still had all them pains.
I asked him if he ever felt like his stomache hurt like a Budweiser horse kicked him. he said that's exactly how he feels and that his doc said it was gastritis. Again I told him he's fucking crazy and his doctor is just telling him he has something because sometimes u have to tell your patient he has something to please em.

Turns out I was right. It was the CPAP. No gastritis no gerd no inflammation. Just straight regular CPAP. The machine was putting too much air and it would go into the stomache. He said the pains started around when he started his CPAP so we adjusted pressure dialed down etc etc and now it's much better

I feel like a fairly involved with it, when I used a face mask I would swallow a lot of air then it would cause pain. I now use nasal pillows and my new machine supposedly has adaptive pressure. For the last 6 months my usage has been intermittent because I've had sinus surgery and septum surgery, and it feels like one of my nostrolls is permanently clogged. Doc says I still have a lot of sinus inflammation. I think the last 2 years my body said I'm done and decided to fall apart. I have a console for the inspire implant haven't decided if I'm going to do it I did book the surgery slot just because the wait time is ridiculously long.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I feel like a fairly involved with it, when I used a face mask I would swallow a lot of air then it would cause pain. I now use nasal pillows and my new machine supposedly has adaptive pressure. For the last 6 months my usage has been intermittent because I've had sinus surgery and septum surgery, and it feels like one of my nostrolls is permanently clogged. Doc says I still have a lot of sinus inflammation. I think the last 2 years my body said I'm done and decided to fall apart. I have a console for the inspire implant haven't decided if I'm going to do it I did book the surgery slot just because the wait time is ridiculously long.
It's an autoset? Where they put a range and it auto adjusts to what you need? Is there a doctor monitoring it? Does it have wifi. I'm asking because sure auto means auto but the range is ridiculous. Has it been dialed down to YOU. Auto isn't auto for everyone.
You may still be getting air in your stomache and the pain is fucking unbearable. My machine was self pay so I didn't have to comply with insurance and I use it as I want( I use it daily.) but I also adjust settings. You know there's a clinical menu/settings you can get into right?

I wish I knew about these things b4 I would have gone with the BiPap instead. It works different where it doesn't pump air when you exhale or swallow.

Lemme know if you want to troubleshoot your machine.

I also did the sinus procedure.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hiccups and their gastric side effects. Go ahead laugh but these hiccups are violent and it feels like my inside are being torn apart and last for days.
No answers yet except 20% of my swallows are abnormal according to some swallow test I had to do.
Found hiatal hernia and suspect Gerd.
Nothing jumping out at doctors.
Do the hiccups respond to antihistamines?

Have you been prescribed muscle relaxants or GABA drugs?

Reaction score
Great.

Thanks for posting this. Sleep quality is so important and doesn't get near enough attention probably because there are no good drugs for it.

We have sleep hygiene, CBT, CPAP, some diet/supplement tips, and maybe a few acute pharmacotherapeutic options that don't work long-term. Different things for different people.

Reminds me of GHB which was a popular sleep aid in bodybuilding circles except for the safety profile. Safe = not getting arrested.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
In 2008 I went in for an adult circumcision surgery and was given anesthesia and the mistake I made was eating a footlong (no pun intended) from Quiznos ('member them?) and I had continuous hiccups for 1 week. No kidding you, I had a dream that I prayed it would go away and the following morning, I woke up with the deepest voice (very bass) and my then ex thought it sounded hot. Hiccups for a week and a bass vox for only an hour. It was determined that having eaten after anesthesia is not recommended.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Don't know how to multi-quote and I should probably figure that out so I will hopefully cover everything.
CPAP settings were set based off my sleep study and it automatically adjusts based off my breathing pattern there is a SIM card in it so it does send the data to the VA. I will ask about a BiPAP because of my GI issues.

As far as the GI tests my lower esophageal sphincter is wide open, and hiatal hernia it 4 cm, very acidic stomach acid. I told the doc how about we fix what we already know is wrong and go from there to at least alleviate some issues. He said cool but then he came back and said he has to refer me to the regional director of GI surgery because the surgery in question they have to wrap my stomach around my lower esophageal sphincter to strengthen it and my stomach happens to be misshapen due to a previous bleeding ulcer 10 yrs ago. There are other surgical options not as common but I guess they're leaving it in the hands of the head surgeon. His first appointment is in August, so I will be calling the fuck out of that office to try and get in earlier. Getting sent for two different GI bacteria tests just waiting on the hospital to call. Currently have a stool sample kit that I will do tonight and deliver to them tomorrow. Current GI meds are famotidine, hyoscyamine, sucralfate, baclofen, Omeprazole.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Don't know how to multi-quote and I should probably figure that out so I will hopefully cover everything.
CPAP settings were set based off my sleep study and it automatically adjusts based off my breathing pattern there is a SIM card in it so it does send the data to the VA. I will ask about a BiPAP because of my GI issues.

As far as the GI tests my lower esophageal sphincter is wide open, and hiatal hernia it 4 cm, very acidic stomach acid. I told the doc how about we fix what we already know is wrong and go from there to at least alleviate some issues. He said cool but then he came back and said he has to refer me to the regional director of GI surgery because the surgery in question they have to wrap my stomach around my lower esophageal sphincter to strengthen it and my stomach happens to be misshapen due to a previous bleeding ulcer 10 yrs ago. There are other surgical options not as common but I guess they're leaving it in the hands of the head surgeon. His first appointment is in August, so I will be calling the fuck out of that office to try and get in earlier. Getting sent for two different GI bacteria tests just waiting on the hospital to call. Currently have a stool sample kit that I will do tonight and deliver to them tomorrow. Current GI meds are famotidine, hyoscyamine, sucralfate, baclofen, Omeprazole.
I support you brother. I had stomach issues around the latter half of the first decade. Chinese herbal medicine 💊 helped me. The Japanese came out with a refined version of it called Hanzo H-14, which is a processed and dehydrated form of the Chinese herbs 🌿. It saves you the time of having to boil and boil over again the herbs ,(and also, not as muddy tasting)

I also read Kevin Trudeau’s book where he helped a guy with Krohn’s disease.

Reaction score
Hiccups and their gastric side effects. Go ahead laugh but these hiccups are violent and it feels like my inside are being torn apart and last for days.
No answers yet except 20% of my swallows are abnormal according to some swallow test I had to do.
Found hiatal hernia and suspect Gerd.
Nothing jumping out at doctors.
I'm not laughing brother. That would not only drive me insane, but my wife as well. I hope you are able to resolve this.

New Threads