Time management Yes or No … ?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very smart and successful people like Grant Cardone say they do not have any specific time management system while others swear by planning their entire week in advance … Craig Ballantyne has written 2 interesting books on the topic -- Perfect Day Formula and Perfect Week Formula …

While I use my Google calendar to plan meetings and appointments I have never time-blocked or pre-planned my entire week's schedule ahead of time …

How do you manage your time (any systems, calendars, or apps) … ?

Reaction score
While I use my Google calendar to plan meetings and appointments I have never time-blocked or pre-planned my entire week's schedule ahead of time
I find this particularly interesting, considering you said this to me a couple weeks ago:
A practice that I have taught to my sales teams over the years that you may find helpful ... plan each week in advance (less than 5% of the population does this practice consistently) ... do this planning on Saturday or Sunday of the preceding week ... DO NOT start by listing work and school ... instead start with date night for you and significant other / partner ... then next schedule other recreational time in the week - at least 3 - next weekly appointments ... then work and school blocks ... Craig Ballantine - Perfect Week formula explains it far better ... great book .. and well as Brendon Burchard's High Performance Habits are game changes for scheduling and best practices ...
... So you were just talking out of your ass to me and your sales team? Fucking classy

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I find this particularly interesting, considering you said this to me a couple weeks ago:

... So you were just talking out of your ass to me and your sales team? Fucking classy
Busted AR .. I am time management system user .. but I thought I would approach today's topics without an I do this ... so if you're not doing it that way you're wrong ....

However, honesty is always best I should have just omitted that part ...

In any case, what do you do in regards to your own time management ....

Reaction score
what do you do in regards to your own time management
sacrificing sleep to meet goals is pretty commonplace for me. Not much choice until I'm done with school honestly. Most of my tasks are better accomplished in one sitting... too many details are missed/forgotten in between breaks (programming problems). Many large projects require the use of a project plan, which breaks large tasks down into smaller pieces - this makes it more manageable.

I'm ADHD so time management will always be shit for me, but the Pomodoro technique/timer works pretty well if I can hold my feet to the flame and do it properly.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I think like everything else there needs to be a balance. For my case there are times when I block out my schedule for specific tasks and time I leave open to deal with whatever unexpected events inevitably come up.

I find that being too rigid in one camp or the other leads to more stress and lack of productivity or response time suffers.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I try to plan out most days in my head, and leave at least one day open without concrete plans.

New Threads