Too much oil leaking from injection site?

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with too much blood and oil leaking out of injection sites such as the glutes? Or is the benign and not that much oil is truly leaking out? I never have this problem with lats. Only glutes. Delts is hit and miss

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with too much blood and oil leaking out of injection sites such as the glutes? Or is the benign and not that much oil is truly leaking out? I never have this problem with lats. Only glutes. Delts is hit and miss
Hold an alcohol pad to the site after injection.

I've had it shoot onto the wall and ceiling before. 😜 (still haven't cleaned it off) 😂

Reaction score
Weird. My glute injections rarely even produce a drop of blood. Never any oil.
Sometimes I get lucky. This morning I felt like I lost a whole mL smh

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Leave the pin in for a few seconds after the injection if you aren’t already doing that and look up the “z track” injection technique.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
No oil issues ever , my one hand isn't all that stable so if i try to pin with that hand i've gota be careful or I end up moving it around like im stirring cake batter and it will bleed like a virgin on prom night.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In my experience, oil leakage only happens when I pin a site that has accrued scar tissue. Keep as many (safe) injection sites in rotation as you can.

Reaction score
In my experience, oil leakage only happens when I pin a site that has accrued scar tissue. Keep as many (safe) injection sites in rotation as you can.
That could be part of the problem. For the first year or so it was always left glute and then right the next day. Now I try and do glutes, lats, shoulders….I would do quads but I hear so many bad things

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
Inject a little higher. Lest vessels. Alo be sure not to put full weight on injection side mainly leg. But I'm sure if you go a tab bit higher mate . tighter skin, less blood vessels.

Just a thought. That darker blood is oil and blood lost.

Reaction score
That could be part of the problem. For the first year or so it was always left glute and then right the next day. Now I try and do glutes, lats, shoulders….I would do quads but I hear so many bad things
To add to this; I recently tried traps as well. Only thing I got from that was pain from hell that I could feel even in my neck….and ridiculous swelling

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Outer quad in the middle third isn't bad. I go there with slin pins pretty frequently.

Reactions: ftf

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Gotta be better than traps. Worst experience ever
Traps were rough for me first and second time. Then muscle got used to it and I don't feel it at all anymore.
I get the whole virgin muscle soreness really badly whenever I introduce a new injection site. Even ventro glutes hobbled me the first few times, now I have a hard time remembering if I even did my injection at the end of the day because I feel nothing from them.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm debating being brave and trying quads again after all these years. I'm so scared 😅
I've hit a nerve a few times, it's a jolt. 🤣