Tough mudder

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever try this? The proceeds go to the "wounded warrior project" it's a 10-12 mile obstacle course, I'm looking to give it a shot. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a friend from high school that does them every year. I see the picts on FB, it looks like a lot of fun and for a great cause.

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've done shorter ones. 10-12 miles is too long for this guy to survive..lol

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've herd of it never tried it though. I would never make it

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have friends that have ran everything from Tough Mudder, spatan dash, warrior dash........ I for one hate to run, never liked it, in fact I feel running is a form of punishment....Anyhow, I got talked into doing the Tough Mudder in Pittsburg this August 16-17. Not worried about the challenges, just the running.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies done it and finished it but he said it was brutal. you even run through these things that shock you while you're running through a big mud hole. It's for a good cause but i'll pass.

NavyChief

Reaction score
I done one just a couple weekends ago. I have already started putting my team together for another one this june in Virginia. What do u want to know?

NavyChief

Reaction score
One of my buddies done it and finished it but he said it was brutal. you even run through these things that shock you while you're running through a big mud hole. It's for a good cause but i'll pass.

Its called the electric eel. There r 2 of them. 1st one u crawl thru in mud and water with them hanging over your head. Its 10000 volts. Feela like a friggin ballpeen hammer hit me in the head. 2cd one ia the very last obstacle at finish line. That one is tall and u try to run through it. Some make it aome get knocked down hard. But when its over it all feels worth it. Well maybe not completely worth it. Lol

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the replies, was asked to join a team for an event in April, and was just looking for any past experiences on what to expect or prepare for. Thanks again everyone!!

NavyChief

Reaction score
Cardio brother. Work on the cardio. The challenges are all fairly easy. Being electrocuted doesnt take skill. Jumping in a dumpster of ice water sucks but again no skill. But getting from obstacle to obstacle will wear the cardio down. Especially if its really hilly where you compete. Just remember u will be cold and wet the entire time. June is good time to do it. October was not. It was 42 degrees and rainy. Friggin froze bad

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
10-12 miles !!! I would have a near death experience if i did that course. What do you win??

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine did it with his girl. After what happened to her I wont do it.
Running 10+ miles through rough terrain like that is bound to give you cuts, scratches, bruises, or any number of open wounds. On top of that, you have to run through water and mud (obviously). People don't consider the fact that hundreds of other people, whom also have open wounds run through the same water. To save time, people will literally piss in the water as well, or even worse shit (yes it's disgusting). With all of that stuff sitting in stagnant water, and jumping into it with an open wound is just a bad idea.
My buddy's girl got a good gash on her thigh but kept on going and of course went through the water with it. A couple days after the mudder her leg started hurting much worse and began to get severly infected. She ended up getting medical attention and was hospitalized for 5 days. Seeing the infection on her leg made me want to puke and the smell was horrendous as well.
For this reason I will never do a tough mudder. I can understand and fully support the proceeds it goes to. However if I want to challenge myself and beat my ass all day there are other ways.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
I'm doing one in may with my girl.. I'm prob going to die!!! Lol

NavyChief

Reaction score
I'm doing one in may with my girl.. I'm prob going to die!!! Lol

My wife ran a full marathon yesterday. On our 4 hr drive home she smiled and said to me, "you know u wont be able to keep up with me in june when we do the tough mudder." I laughed my ass off at her. That was her first formal commitment to doing it with me this time.
You and your girl will really enjoy it together. It motivates u big time with her with u. And u find find these girls can be pretty damn tough when needed.

And for hero swole above about what u win, yep, bragging rights and a shirt are all u get. Well and a beer. But Its the best beer ever when u cross the finish.

Last edited:

New Threads