Trodizzle: Quarter 1, 2016

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Huge improvement on your back!

Do you shave your arms or just thin hair.. Crazy veins.

Yeah, back is crystal clear as I type this.

Just thin hair, I'm not a very hairy guy in general.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Yeah, back is crystal clear as I type this.

Just thin hair, I'm not a very hairy guy in general.
Ah ok. I honestly wasn't going to make any jokes if you did. Just curious.

I thought it was a requirement of the #snakebbteam.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Okay gang. My experiment with keto is over. While it may work in design it's too limiting in food choices for my own tastes. So, it's back to focusing on calories, calories, calories! Current goal weight is 205, current weight is 224. This leaves me with 1,901 cals to consume per day, a 500 calorie per day deficit. This is before exercise if any, which gains me another 350 cals per 30 min done. Once I hit my target weight cals can go back up to 2,298 per day. 4 months until the beach, time to step it up.

R66MeLs.png

Last edited:

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I could see you getting your cpt certification and using your background /experience to change the lives of fatties everywhere. great job as usual Dizz.

I thought about that for a brief moment in the past. Problem Is I have zero tolerance for excuses, lazy people, and leading horses to water. I will gladly share everything that has and hasn't worked for me with anyone who is curious , but people need to be self-driven to truly see success, I can't hand it to them.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
I thought about that for a brief moment in the past. Problem Is I have zero tolerance for excuses, lazy people, and leading horses to water. I will gladly share everything that has and hasn't worked for me with anyone who is curious , but people need to be self-driven to truly see success, I can't hand it to them.

hahaha! I feel the same way.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score

Money in your pocket can change your disposition.

I could see you training those milfs you like so much on a daily.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
he'd never make money that way. he'd be giving training in trade for sexual favors.

I'm pretty sure I will make more money by sticking to my existing 20+ year I.T. career vs. going into personal training for the first time at 40 years old. :)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
The current program (this data is a few days old).

Right now I'm 39 years old, 224 lbs, and 6'2. Based on these number I calculated my total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) at 2,401 per day before adding in any form of gym work (cardio or lifting).

To cut, I'm going to trim this by 500 calories per day, which is pretty standard until I hit my target weight of 205 which leaves me with 1,778 cals per day. This should net about 1 lb of fat loss per week while still maintaining muscle mass.

So what about those cals burned in the gym? When I do cardio or lifting, I burn about 300 calories for every 30 minutes of work I do. Due to this I add in 300 calories to my diet for every 30 minutes of work done in the gym. Cardio for 30 minutes? I give myself 300 more calories that day. Lifted for 30 minutes? I give myself 300 more calories that day. Did both for 30 minutes each? I give myself 600 additional calories that day. If I didn't do this, I could end up rocking a 1,100 calorie deficit (my 500 + the 600 burned in the gym) which is too aggressive.

Once I hit my target weight, cals can go up to maintenance, which at 205 lbs would be 2,298, again without any form of gym work added in.

So how do I get there? I have no choice but to measure and track what I eat...

I use a food scale, I weight my food in grams.
I use MyFitnessPal and track everything I put into my face.

I'm not worrying about macros right now (I could, it's just more of a pain in the ass). I've found as I fit foods into these caloric needs, I have have to do a bit of self-policing otherwise things will suffer. For instance, I could blow a bunch of cals on pizza or an ice cream bar but I could be starving the rest of the day due to this.

I've attached a sample of how my current MyFitnessPal is laid out for this program. I split my day into 3-4 hour windows which leaves me with 5 eating windows per day. I then split my calories out evenly. Yes, on occasion I skip a section if I know the next meal will be big (or if the one before it was bigger than planned) but this is just a framework to help me keep things on a schedule. I edited the sections so I can see what my cals are while cutting, then what my cals would be at my target weight. This is overkill but I'm an obsessive kind of guy. Today was a cardio and lifting day for me +600 cals, so my numbers are high reflecting that in the screenshot.

SHkpsaz.jpg

y6pN76x.png

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I took advantage of a deal last week and stocked up on some protein bars I usually never find on sale.

yWztG8a.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
killing it dizz....I see from your food list...you don't track sugars...lol :)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
killing it dizz....I see from your food list...you don't track sugars...lol :)

Nope, not at all right now. Just focusing on calories per day right now as the king stat to be tracking.

1900 or so on a non-training day
2200 or so on a 1 x training day
2500 or so on a 2 x training day

Last edited:

New Threads