TRT and Cycles

Reaction score
I'm just trying to understand the difference between TRT and Cycles. My assumption is that TRT is like cruising at a replacement/therapeutic rate and Cycles are blasting at a high dose for a short period of time to maximize gains and mitigate side effects. Also, can someone like myself who is on TRT do a cycle?

-RETARDED OUT

Reaction score
Yes. Once the cycle is over you cruise on your trt dose.
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. One more question. Is there a optimal dose and length of cycle?

-RETARDED OUT

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
TRT is not the same as a cruise.

TRT 100mg to 200mg a week give or take
Cruise is usually a standard at 500mg a week for serious lifters, competitive. Or as low as 300mg to 350mg.
Blast is 500mg with added stuff or over 500mg test

There is no rules but trt is keeping normal levels and cruise is a break from a heavy cycle with people that never come off and cycle a lot.

When I was doing all this we would take short breaks from cycles by cruising with 500mg a week, for a very short time like 2 to 4 weeks we may drop to 300mg.

A cruise isn't for everyone as I see it.

Last edited:

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Is there a optimal dose and length of cycle?
the more you read the more you will see prevailing internet advice is 500mg for 12-16 weeks. labs before in the middle and after. once the 16 weeks is up you would go back to the 200mg per week you currently use.

however I don't know anything about how you eat and train or what shape you are in.

if you are not already lean, without dialed in training and nutrition, then the extra 300mg per week will be a waste of oil. you will not have room to purposely overeat to do any growing. you will just get side effects for nothing.

you are so new to trt and 200mg per week my advice would be to milk that for as long as possible. you will make substantial progress on that amount alone.

Reaction score
the more you read the more you will see prevailing internet advice is 500mg for 12-16 weeks. labs before in the middle and after. once the 16 weeks is up you would go back to the 200mg per week you currently use.

however I don't know anything about how you eat and train or what shape you are in.

if you are not already lean, without dialed in training and nutrition, then the extra 300mg per week will be a waste of oil. you will not have room to purposely overeat to do any growing. you will just get side effects for nothing.

you are so new to trt and 200mg per week my advice would be to milk that for as long as possible. you will make substantial progress on that amount alone.
My training and nutrition are dialed in but I definitely have room to do better. I'm 5'5, 160lbs, and body fat is low and I'm consuming 160-200g of protein and 3500-4000 calories per day. My goal is a lean 175lbs.

-RETARDED OUT

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
My training and nutrition are dialed in but I definitely have room to do better. I'm 5'5, 160lbs, and body fat is low and I'm consuming 160-200g of protein and 3500-4000 calories per day. My goal is a lean 175lbs.

-RETARDED OUT
For you, I'd just stick to trt for a long while and then raise test to 500mg every now and then for 12 to 16 weeks.

You can still do 500mg a week and beat the trt blood test by dropping the dose to your trt dose 7 to 10 days before the next blood test.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
You can still do 500mg a week and beat the trt blood test by dropping the dose to your trt dose 7 to 10 days before the next blood test.
There’s also the option of keeping up your TRT dose and adding in test prop (or ace if you can find it) to make up the difference between that and 500mg for 10-12 weeks.

That way your TRT stays consistent and it takes way less time to get your total test back to normal.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
There’s also the option of keeping up your TRT dose and adding in test prop (or ace if you can find it) to make up the difference between that and 500mg for 10-12 weeks.

That way your TRT stays consistent and it takes way less time to get your total test back to normal.
Good point, if it were me I'd use tpp.

I like ace as well, just got tired of it crashing so hard and easy in the winter months, prop and I don't get along. Tpp being as smooth as cyp has just always been my favorite.

All 3 are very close in half-life.

Reaction score
Good point, if it were me I'd use tpp.

I like ace as well, just got tired of it crashing so hard and easy in the winter months, prop and I don't get along. Tpp being as smooth as cyp has just always been my favorite.

All 3 are very close in half-life.
Interesting idea, Roughly how long is the half life compared to cip? Is the ester the only difference between the 3?

-RETARDED OUT

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Cyp isn't close in half life, Ace, Prop and TPP are, all roughly 3 to 4.5 days compared to roughly 12 for cyp.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cyp isn't close in half like, Ace, Prop and TPP are, all roughly 3 to 4.5 days compared to roughly 12 for cyp.
Is there any benefit to shorter half life's besides skirting lab detection? If not than I will probably just stick with cip considering I have zero issues with it and I would hate to go through the hassle of getting something different from a UGL and send for testing just to find out that I get a bad reaction or something.

-RETARDED OUT

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Interesting idea, Roughly how long is the half life compared to cip? Is the ester the only difference between the 3?

-RETARDED OUT

We each metabolize compounds differently. Both you and I could take a shot from the same vial and have different half lives.

Also, the oil used will affect a drugs half life, which is completely different from the ester attached to the base compound. A heavier oil will have a longer lalf life

Also, where you inject will affect the half life as well, such as intramuscular vs subcutaneous, and even different muscles have different rates. A shot in a muscle that used more than another will have a shorter half life.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to shorter half life's besides skirting lab detection? If not than I will probably just stick with cip considering I have zero issues with it and I would hate to go through the hassle of getting something different from a UGL and send for testing just to find out that I get a bad reaction or something.

-RETARDED OUT
Stick to cyp, they are just options if needed.

New Threads