TRT Dosage

Reaction score
What is everyone dosing for TRT weekly and are you splitting it up?
I started with 125mg a week pinning 1/2 Monday and Friday.

Reaction score
I started out 200 a week pinned 100 twice a week. I lowered it to 100mg a week now pinned at 50 twice a week. Wasn’t running any AIs but now my estrogen levels are around 65. Going to swap it to 100mg pinned once a week and run 1mg of Arimidex to lower my estrogen. I felt great other than my libido crashed with a little ED. I miss my morning wood lol. Trying to dial it in.

buck

Reaction score
After 20+ years on Dr. prescribed TRT and on TRT forums for the same amount. I find that 80-200 mg/week is the range most use with 100 mg/wk being fairly average. Online TRT clinics tend to go higher and are OK when people are out of the normal range. These days i inject daily 15mg. And my levels are just over 800 consistently.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally was the Maximus 300mg or so a week split in e5d shots.

Now I use about 150mg split 2 times a week. I would do a little higher, but I aromatize easily and have to keep the dosage low enough to hopefully not need an AI anymore.

Reaction score
300mg once a week.. never have any problems and bloods after 7 days I am up near 900ng…

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
75 mg E3D, which is 175mg/wk

Jonjon

Reaction score
After 20+ years on Dr. prescribed TRT and on TRT forums for the same amount. I find that 80-200 mg/week is the range most use with 100 mg/wk being fairly average. Online TRT clinics tend to go higher and are OK when people are out of the normal range. These days i inject daily 15mg. And my levels are just over 800 consistently.

I’ve gravitated to a similar protocol. I do 10mg a day. Only way I can keep estrogen at bay.

Do you do subQ or im?

Reaction score
I guess some people just are effected by estrogen different.

But what I don’t understand is

If you are using 200 mg or less of testosterone how can that jack your estrogen up to the point it is causing a issue..

200 or less a week is going to bring you to a testosterone level
In your body that you would be making naturally..

So if you should be at 5-600ng depending on your age naturally and 100-200mg of test weekly would bring you to that number that you would make naturally.

Why would you have estrogen problems..

Maybe I am wrong but I do t think so..

It takes 24-48 hrs for your blood levels to spike after you inject testosterone then another 2 days for it to start dropping.

So if you go by the 48 hr mark then 2/3 days to start droping that is 5-6 days..
You will not drop back down to baseline levels in that time.

Especially with testosterone half life and the build up over time of weekly injections.

Daily injections are a waste of time and a pain in the ass.. why be a pin cushion for testosterone..

I have been on testosterone therapy thru
My dr over a decade and have never had an issue or felt any negative effects as far as a drop goes in blood serum levels.

Stop over thinking it..
I can see ok 2x a week injections..
But daily..?
No way..

And I am on a max dose of test from my dr that he can give.
I am sure trt clinics can go higher but then again they are not working thru insurance. It is self paid.
I go thru insurance …

If i am wrong with any of this please school me..

Reaction score
BTW I do have diagnosed gyno lump so I know if my estro is wacked because I get sore nips.

buck

Reaction score
I’ve gravitated to a similar protocol. I do 10mg a day. Only way I can keep estrogen at bay.

Do you do subQ or im?
I have been doing sub-q for the last few years usually in my quads.

buck

Reaction score

If you are using 200 mg or less of testosterone how can that jack your estrogen up to the point it is causing a issue..

So if you should be at 5-600ng depending on your age naturally and 100-200mg of test weekly would bring you to that number that you would make naturally.

It takes 24-48 hrs for your blood levels to spike after you inject testosterone then another 2 days for it to start dropping.

So if you go by the 48 hr mark then 2/3 days to start droping that is 5-6 days..

Especially with testosterone half life and the build up over time of weekly injections.

Daily injections are a waste of time and a pain in the ass.. why be a pin cushion for testosterone..

My dr over a decade and have never had an issue or felt any negative effects as far as a drop goes in blood serum levels.

Stop over thinking it..
But daily..?
No way..

I am sure trt clinics can go higher but then again they are not working thru insurance. It is self paid.
I go thru insurance …

As it seems from most studies i have seen that the average guy produces 5-10mg/day. So lets say 7.5mg. over a 7 day period they will make about 50mg of test. 200mg minus the ester would be roughly140mg. almost 3x more then the average natural guy. So dumping that much in alll at once or even over 2 shots will cause a huge spike which is not natural. And the conversion process is in high gear. Most guys especially on here like to see their numbers at the upper end when it is at it;s trough. So they have higher levels through out the week then a natural healthy guy would. And depending on how much bodyfat a person has how well their liver works etc. That also is a factor in estrogen removal.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
As it seems from most studies i have seen that the average guy produces 5-10mg/day. So lets say 7.5mg. over a 7 day period they will make about 50mg of test. 200mg minus the ester would be roughly140mg. almost 3x more then the average natural guy. So dumping that much in alll at once or even over 2 shots will cause a huge spike which is not natural. And the conversion process is in high gear. Most guys especially on here like to see their numbers at the upper end when it is at it;s trough. So they have higher levels through out the week then a natural healthy guy would. And depending on how much bodyfat a person has how well their liver works etc. That also is a factor in estrogen removal.
Not the same. You can’t compare exogenous to endogenous mg/mg

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Injust got put back on trt so my initial shot was 200 mlg

Ill hit 250 iu hcg friday and again sunday

Then monday hit up another 1-200 mlg of test and see how she goes… im not in the camp of hating on ai’s as i can grab 12.5 mlg of aromasin and hit it on wed and be great and keep my estro down anywhere between 15-30 while hitting 500 iu hcg along with 200 mlg test per week routinely….

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Stop over thinking it..
But daily..?
No way..

I go thru insurance …

I personally aromatize and get elevated e2 quickly, but usually on over 200 like you say a week. Even in 2 doses, over 200mg and I need an AI or I get sore niples coming on with my existing gyno issues.

Each person is different, but some just can't handle higher doses (near 200mg) without elevation and frequent micro dosing seems to help. Maybe for them it is a fine line. Part of my issue, especially in the past, was because higher bodyfat definitely makes it a bigger issue. Many people needing TRT before any AAS usage are not in great shape or very lean on average to begin with.

Most lean people with less than 200mg (especially in the 125-150 range) shouldn't need to pin more than 2 times or need an AI in my experience.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also, depending on the SHBG the total and free can be much higher. I am, I believe, usually in 800-900 range from just over 100mg a week with high free test. I am sure you all know that, just saying my own experience.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Injust got put back on trt so my initial shot was 200 mlg

Ill hit 250 iu hcg friday and again sunday

Then monday hit up another 1-200 mlg of test and see how she goes… im not in the camp of hating on ai’s as i can grab 12.5 mlg of aromasin and hit it on wed and be great and keep my estro down anywhere between 15-30 while hitting 500 iu hcg along with 200 mlg test per week routinely….
I would love that. Personally, jumping to 200-250 would require about 1mg adex after each pin. I also don't feel dramatically different between 150 and 250.

lfod14

Reaction score

Stop over thinking it..
But daily..?
No way..

I go thru insurance …

It depends on how much aromatase you make, some can't deal with TRT levels of test, some can pin a gram a week with no issues. Having super low SHBG adds to that.

Agreed on the daily, that started as a tactic to have unnaturally "stable" levels, which it will do, but it also keeps you higher all the time, which causes E2 issues for many even at lower doses.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate pinning so i cannot do daily…

New Threads