TRT Prices not worth it.

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering opinions.

I was on TRT for a year and a half, loved it - felt great. Definitely life changing. Got prescribed 200mg/per week.

... that was 2 years ago. lol I've been off for 6 months now and I definitely don't feel as good... however $200 per month is just way too much. Do other people agree with this? How many people pay in the ballpark of $200 a month and feel good about it?

Edit/Addition: If it were like $80/month i think most of us who could really benefit would likely continue with treatment. What is a number most of you guys would hypothetically be willing to pay per month for legit prescription TRT?

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Many of us, myself included, were in the same boat. Dr supervised TRT was just too expensive in comparison to continue.

It was $500+ every 10 weeks for me, now it's only about $25.

I was going through a TRT clinic though, and we were just a revenue stream. There was no personal care.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering opinions.

I was on TRT for a year and a half, loved it - felt great. Definitely life changing. Got prescribed 200mg/per week.

... that was 2 years ago. lol I've been off for 6 months now and I definitely don't feel as good... however $200 per month is just way too much. Do other people agree with this? How many people pay in the ballpark of $200 a month and feel good about it?

Edit/Addition: If it were like $80/month i think most of us who could really benefit would likely continue with treatment. What is a number most of you guys would hypothetically be willing to pay per month for legit prescription TRT?

damn google is a wonderul place

trtnation....99 per month, quit looking for others to do ur homework....there are PLENTY WHO DO NOT CHARGE out the a@@, DO UR JOB! LOOK FOR THIS SH IT!

Reaction score
Many of us, myself included, were in the same boat. Dr supervised TRT was just too expensive in comparison to continue.

It was $500+ every 10 weeks for me, now it's only about $25.

I was going through a TRT clinic though, and we were just a revenue stream. There was no personal care.

Yeah I am at that point. Or rather got to that point. I ran a few successful cycles in my early 20's then stopped because I was competing in competitive sports. While competing in competitive sports I didn't want the unfair advantage of any PED's (even though testing was really lax and I probably could have gotten away with it.)

Now that I am older and no longer competing... Well, **** it. I'd rather feel good and be a monster while working out. Enter TRT. I however, was also going through a TRT clinic and when I realized that these guys are (for the most part) up-charging the **** out of test with zero ****s given about me as a patient... Exit TRT.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I personally don't put a price on my health and wellbeing. If you genuinely needed TRT, ie you were hypogonadal, I seriously doubt you would've come off due to the cost.

Now, if cost is such a huge barrier that you genuinely cannot afford to care for yourself then, brother, you might want to address that. Focus more on making money, less on being a monster in the gym. A poor monster is not a monster at all.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The benefits to my life, well being, and mental state of being on TRT are priceless. I shop around, but have never regretted paying the bill.

Reaction score
There seems to be some misunderstanding here. I said that "I" didn't want to pay $200 a month for TRT. Not that I couldn't or didn't want to take care of my health.

My total T was on the low end of the spectrum. I intended this thread to be an opinion based, "What do people pay and what do they feel good about paying?"

... not to attack me for not wanting to pay a certain amount.

Reaction score
The benefits to my life, well being, and mental state of being on TRT are priceless. I shop around, but have never regretted paying the bill.

I like this. I felt like it was very worth it too... however the clinic I was at were sorta dicks. Lesson learned here.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
There seems to be some misunderstanding here. I said that "I" didn't want to pay $200 a month for TRT. Not that I couldn't or didn't want to take care of my health.

My total T was on the low end of the spectrum. I intended this thread to be an opinion based, "What do people pay and what do they feel good about paying?"

... not attack me for not wanting to pay a certain amount.

No one is attacking you; take a breath and calm yourself.

The take away here is that what is considered expensive is relative to each individual, and what service level they are getting for the price they pay. Secondly, if price is all you care about... then a simple google search can help you find places cheaper than$200/month.

Again, there was no attack, just a bunch of opinions... some of which are not what you wanted to hear.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
damn google is a wonderul place

trtnation....99 per month, quit looking for others to do ur homework....there are PLENTY WHO DO NOT CHARGE out the a@@, DO UR JOB! LOOK FOR THIS SH IT!

This piqued my interest... Unfortunately they don't do business in my State. I guess I found my price! :32 (18):

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This piqued my interest... Unfortunately they don't do business in my State. I guess I found my price! :32 (18):

yeah? in cali? they told me they'd cover me...weird...there are others out there that are actually affordable....just gots to find them, im on a few fb groups and they have a ton listed....

Reaction score
No one is attacking you; take a breath and calm yourself.

The take away here is that what is considered expensive is relative to each individual, and what service level they are getting for the price they pay. Secondly, if price is all you care about... then a simple google search can help you find places cheaper than$200/month.

Again, there was no attack, just a bunch of opinions... some of which are not what you wanted to hear.
With all due respect, I asked specifically for opinions regarding what people are willing to pay for themselves for TRT. Not opinions about my choices or lifestyle. I don't take offense to any of these... but I think a forum and conversation regarding TRT prices is much more effective when staying on topic and not making directed assumptions.

That being said, I like where we are going with this. Getting some good angles on this and I appreciate the feedback

Reaction score
yeah? in cali? they told me they'd cover me...weird...there are others out there that are actually affordable....just gots to find them, im on a few fb groups and they have a ton listed....

this piqued my interest too btw. In the end, this is exactly why I am on a forum like this. To talk to you guys about what you do/or do not. I find it much more enjoyable to get info from people first hand instead of doing it all solo. NO THIS DOES NOT MEAN i dont do my research j2048b!!! lol

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
With all due respect, I asked specifically for opinions regarding what people are willing to pay for themselves for TRT. Not opinions about my choices or lifestyle. I don't take offense to any of these... but I think a forum and conversation regarding TRT prices is much more effective when staying on topic and not making directed assumptions.

That being said, I like where we are going with this. Getting some good angles on this and I appreciate the feedback

With all due respect... mmhmm.. got it.

Good luck buddy!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
“TRT prices not worth it”

You must not have been in my condition before being put on trt.

I would Rather be destitute and on testosterone than to go without it. It’s not even a choice. Without it I cannot function with any joy.

Reaction score
“TRT prices not worth it”

You must not have been in my condition before being put on trt.

I would Rather be destitute and on testosterone than to go without it. It’s not even a choice. Without it I cannot function with any joy.

Just to play devil's advocate. You cannot function without it... but you have the financial freedom to be able to afford TRT. There may be some people who cannot function pleasantly with their normal hormone levels and, without a choice, can't get HRT. Like Send0 said, the takeaway here is price/affordability/accessibility is relative to each individual (good point).

I Imagine it would suck for someone who is in your position to not be able to have access (for whatever reason) to TRT.

For you though, it seems that TRT is one of the components in your life that, without it you could not function. Interestingly enough, this thread I think could be fashioned into another conversation, i.e., how many people are on TRT for male enhancement/lifestyle enhancement purposes vs. people, such as yourself, who without TRT, would not be able to function.

Fun conversation. Despite what some of you might think, i'm not being sarcastic. I really appreciate the differing perspective (even the opinions i don't want to hear :32 (1):)

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Big difference in cost between doctor prescribed TRT and Clinic Prescribed TRT. That being said, I agree with an early response that 200 a month for bloodwork and monitoring is not bad for peace of mind. I would love an open minded doc to monitor me but that will likely never happen and Clinic costs are outrageous.
I do my own bloods like many through LabsMD or Private but Im not doc and one with knowledge would be an asset for proper monitoring.

New Threads