Umbilical Hernia

Jonjon

Reaction score
Anybody dealt with this? My inny belly button used to look like a full moon, now it looks like a crescent. When I push it pops into the side of my belly button. No pain but feels weird.

What do I need to watch for and anything I need to do differently? Like west a lifting belt more often? No medical insurance so getting it fixed might not be an option. Just don’t want it to interfere with training.

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I currently have an umbilical hernia, it’s due to a surgical scar from an appendectomy.

Surgeon refused to operate on it last year, because it’s too small. The surgery, incision, and recovery are too much for such a small thing.

He told me to live life, lift heavy, and in a few years return for the repair. Until it’s larger than a nickel, the surgery does more damage than repair. It’s currently smaller than a nerd candy: that’s if I puff it out as much as I possibly can. Literally so small the surgeon nearly couldn’t detect it.

Jonjon

Reaction score
I currently have an umbilical hernia, it’s due to a surgical scar from an appendectomy.

Surgeon refused to operate on it last year, because it’s too small. The surgery, incision, and recovery are too much for such a small thing.

He told me to live life, lift heavy, and in a few years return for the repair. Until it’s larger than a nickel, the surgery does more damage than repair. It’s currently smaller than a nerd candy: that’s if I puff it out as much as I possibly can. Literally so small the surgeon nearly couldn’t detect it.

Mine doesn’t protrude out, it pushes into the side of my belly button. It is about nickel sized as it fills my belly button almost completely

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t protrude out, it pushes into the side of my belly button. It is about nickel sized as it fills my belly button almost completely
It cost me $800 to ask the surgeon.
But here I am a year later and it’s NOT any worse and I didn’t have to change anything either

New Threads