Welcome to the show Uriah Hall

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I watched that last night. Very scary knockout.

Reaction score
I don't normally watch TUF, but after reading all the hype on the internetz yesterday, I had to see this one...was well worth it!
I also really appreciate Chael Sonnen's atitude and philosophy.

I saw Uriah Hall fight a few years ago at ROC in Atlantic City.
Interesting that his only 2 losses are to guys who are now UFC fighters.
With that last point said, how does Dana White say he'd never heard of this guy before (TUF), when the UFC signed the two other guys that beat him? (so obviously the UFC had their eyes on this other organization (ROC). FYI, the guy I actually went to that ROC to see is also now in UFC (Gian Villante).

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell...best spinning KO I've ever seen. Dude's kicks are incredible. If he's got any sort of takedown defense or ground game, he'll be one to watch.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
holy shit that was fucking brutal.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you all should look up Anthony Pettis, he's a personal friend of mine.

I tell ya, this is a big kick for MMA but to be honest it's not all that impressive. To listen to Dana White describe Hall....the way he moves and how you can't tell if he's gonna kick or punch is because Hall is a MArtial Artist first. What i mean by that is he has years of a particular dicipline.....maybe Tae Kwon Do or something like that. Most MMA fighters are boxer/wrestlers that learn some muay thai or grappers that learn to strike so they keep it basic. Someone who has spent their youth in the Tae Kwon Do dojo and gone to those type of comepetitions are very familiar with these kicks and they happen all the time. Watch any Olympic style TKD tournement and you're bound to see a few spin kick knock outs. hell, i have a whole highlight real of mine from when I use to compete.

The reason this is so appealing is because your average MMA fighter is not expecting something like this because they never see it during fights.

Look at Lyoto Machida.......one of the reasons he is so elusive is his karate back ground.

Not trying to talk shit or anything....was definately a badass KO and hope the other dude is ok.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not a 100%, but if I'm not mistaken, didn't one of our brothers here(Popeye?) want to get into this? Thought I remember reading something about it.
To whoever is thinking about trying this, let this video be your reality check. That was a brutal KO, and that kid is lucky he was able to walk away.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dark. Its not all that uncommon in traditional MA athletes to have these kind of skills. Early MMA exposed alot of weaknesses in MA but by no means did it make those strikes or skills useless.

We train with a guy that grew up in TKD and his kicks are feared by those he spars with. But like DK said if you know what your looking for its not quite as big an event as uncle Dana makes it out to be. Peddis made Cerrone (a decent striker by MMA standards) look fucking foolish the other night in about 3 minutes. Cerrone has NEVER been finished or even KOd until Anthony got his ass. Google it, its educational.

Props to this kid for showing respect afterwards to me that is the most amazing part of this video. I think he realized he could have killed that boy and not even ment to do it. MMA groopies/junkies have muddied the water for real respect between compeditors and styles. Respect all styles. Great insight DK.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you all should look up Anthony Pettis, he's a personal friend of mine.

Anthony Pettis has the most impressive kicks in MMA I completely agree. And his last fight against Cerrone proved that the "Show-Time Kick" against Henderson was no fluke!

Honestly I don't think Uriah Hall will even win this season.. he has a tendency to drop his hands without much head movement... someone will get the better of him. The kick wasn't the most impressive but how the kick landed so flush on his chin was just picture perfect.

New Threads