What’s the magic behind DNP?

Reaction score
Ok last thread I’ll start for awhile

But how the fuck does DNP work?

every 100mg roughly equates to a 11% increase in metabolism, right?

Let’s say someone’s taking 200mg a day, and have a metabolic base rate of 2500 calories. That would mean DNP would help them burn an extra 550 calories a day.

If that’s all true, how are people that are taking 200mg, burning almost a pound of fat a day? 550 cals does not equal 1lb of fat. 1lb of fat is about 3500 calories.

So wtf is going on here, does anyone know the voodoo behind the numbers here?

Reaction score
I was always under the belief that dnp prevents the conversion of calories to ATP synthesis

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score

Let’s say someone’s taking 200mg a day, and have a metabolic base rate of 2500 calories. That would mean DNP would help them burn an extra 550 calories a day.

If that’s all true, how are people that are taking 200mg, burning almost a pound of fat a day? 550 cals does not equal 1lb of fat. 1lb of fat is about 3500 calories.

By also cutting calories and especially carbs in addition to 200mg of DNP per day? You're assuming there is no change in caloric intake.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score

It’s accumulative so after 7 days you have 520mg in your system which if your % is correct would over 50% increase. But all this is guess work no one actually has any evidence of the half life and that 11% is just a guess too

Reaction score
It’s accumulative so after 7 days you have 520mg in your system which if your % is correct would over 50% increase. But all this is guess work no one actually has any evidence of the half life and that 11% is just a guess too
Ok that explains some of it, but that still wouldn’t add up to a 3500 deficit. Im thinking, What if there is some mechanism we don’t understand?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Ok that explains some of it, but that still wouldn’t add up to a 3500 deficit. Im thinking, What if there is some mechanism we don’t understand?
In a basic way and I say it basic because I am no way able to explain the actual mechanics of it. It prevents your body using carbs for energy, the carbs are burnt off with heat. So it forces your body to use fat for energy, so the 50% increase in metabolism will be using stored fat as energy.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DNP works by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation within the mitochondria. Essentially, it makes the process by which your mitochondria produce energy substrates less efficient, thereby increasing metabolism.

I wouldn't put much stock in that 11% number, as DNPs effects vary from person to person.

Reaction score
This makes way more sense, so essentially calories from Carbs don’t count and those get burned as heat. DNP is kind of the perfect fat burner

Beti ona

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any way to find out the half-life of DNP or what % metabolism rises with every 100mg, any info other than user guesses and anecdotes on the boards. As far as I know there are no scientists experimenting on humans.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is any way to find out the half-life of DNP or what % metabolism rises with every 100mg, any info other than user guesses and anecdotes on the boards. As far as I know there are no scientists experimenting on humans.
Human DNP studies just won't pass the ethics review board at this point.

There are, however, other chemical uncouplers being researched.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Reaction score
It's not like DNP increases your metabolism by X%, it just doesn't allow your body to use glucose for energy, so your body is constantly burning through fat stores. The body only starts burning fat after 30 minutes of cardio after most of the glucose is burned off, so some like to do fasted cardio to burn glucose faster, obviously it's not a universal metric. With DNP, your basal metabolism directly burns your fat, forget about glucose. Too much DNP means you'll only burn calories until you die.

This is not a guess