What are your must have daily supplements?

Reaction score
Not sure anything but pharm stuff will ever help mine yrs and my ldl will not budge under 177...wish it would

what are ur doses from plant sterols and flaxseed? which brands?

thanks

how do u not get heart burn from that shit? i tried acv last week again due to aching legs....mixed it with about 38oz of water and electrolyte drink mix, still hurt me....
I take it straight. On the way down it burns a little, but doesn't have a lasting impact. On the sterols, I just take a few of the Benecol chocolate chews right after a meal--clinically proven to reduce cholesterol. With flaxseed, like with the fish oil, I use 2 1200 mg rapid release gels a day, which yields 540 mg of Omega 3. Very effective. I have seen excellent results in total cholesterol and favorable ratio balance.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take it straight. On the way down it burns a little, but doesn't have a lasting impact. On the sterols, I just take a few of the Benecol chocolate chews right after a meal--clinically proven to reduce cholesterol. With flaxseed, like with the fish oil, I use 2 1200 mg rapid release gels a day, which yields 540 mg of Omega 3. Very effective. I have seen excellent results in total cholesterol and favorable ratio balance.
I will have to give this a try, using the chocolate chews is almost equivilant to using zetia as that remove cholesterol before it goes anywhere

Thanks ill try both of these to get mine down!

Reaction score
I will have to give this a try, using the chocolate chews is almost equivilant to using zetia as that remove cholesterol before it goes anywhere

Thanks ill try both of these to get mine down!
I just get the CVS Nature's Bounty brand for the flaxseed and the fish oil, because it's all the same stuff from brand to brand, it's convenient, and there are often 2 for 1 or second one half off deals.

FearThaGear

Reaction score
I feel like I'm not taking enough after reading all these posts LOL.

I just take a multivitamin and an extra D3 supplement. Mostly because I don't drink milk anymore.

I'm never sick and my diet is pretty balanced so I don't see a need for anything else at the moment.

Reactions: CJ

weightlossburn

Reaction score
Not sure anything but pharm stuff will ever help mine yrs and my ldl will not budge under 177...wish it would

what are ur doses from plant sterols and flaxseed? which brands?

thanks

how do u not get heart burn from that shit? i tried acv last week again due to aching legs....mixed it with about 38oz of water and electrolyte drink mix, still hurt me....
Everyone's different. I think ACV tastes awful, but it doesn't give me heartburn.

Determined

Reaction score
I feel like I'm not taking enough after reading all these posts LOL.

I just take a multivitamin and an extra D3 supplement. Mostly because I don't drink milk anymore.

I'm never sick and my diet is pretty balanced so I don't see a need for anything else at the moment.
The way I look at it is.. I take what do I do to hopefully never NEED to take any of it. I want to stay ahead of problems as long as I can, bc problems catch up with us all eventually somewhere.

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it is.. I take what do I do to hopefully never NEED to take any of it. I want to stay ahead of problems as long as I can, bc problems catch up with us all eventually somewhere.

Well said!

I became fascinated with supplements after reading "The Mood Cure" last year, following a bout of significant depression after the pandemic kicked my life in the ass until it was black and blue.

I give a lot of credit to a variety of amino acids to gently easing me out of that seemingly bottomless pit of darkness. I've since added to my regimen with other complimentary supplements, and while not everything I'm taking has had verifiable proof of positive effect, staying ahead of potential future issues makes me feel proactive.

Reaction score
Creatine and some multivitamins. Try to eat mostly whole foods.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Creatine, then a decent multi vit, fish oil, vit D, B 12 and Iron. Those are daily and I just recently started using pre workout which has helped jump start me when I need it.

And a pot of coffee daily...

New Threads