What are your thoughts on AAS in sports?

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So it seems like every other day a baseball player, mma fighter, or other athlete is getting caught using steroids. Technically it is illegal, but I honestly dont see the big deal. My argument is that the guys that are on AAS were already elite athletes. They didnt just stick a needle in their ass and become the best in the world because of it. They were already the best and were going to be the best with or without AAS. I think AAS helps extend their careers which is great. These guys arent on a gram a week trying to put on 40lbs of muscle, they are just trying to get the most out of their training. I also think the majority of top level athletes are on something, but not all of them get caught.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I watch for entertainment, for all intents, they are actors to me. I want to see people get crushed, dunks in the game from free throw line, and balls hit out of park.

Omegareign

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
most football and baseball players take something. Hard not too when its readily available and helps you perform better. These guys make millions, getting gear is just a talk with their trainer. They can't stop it totally so they might as well allow it, IMO.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whether fair or not I'm not to say. I mean look at the Germans and China and what they do to produce elite athletes. But I will say in my opinion If an athlete wants to gain the edge and they are doing so in a responsible, then why the hell not, you know? The problems occurs when young ones want to be the "like" the stars they idolized and wreck their pre-adulthood bodies......and then everyone points the fingers at the athletes, which in turn trickles down and eventually screws all of us. my 2 cents.

Fisher28

Reaction score
IMO i see nothing Wrong with it. IT makes them perfrom better. Its more entertaining. If they Went Pro without using steroids Then its fine. I really dont think it is cheating. A lot of athletes use steroids! A lot!

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
it should be manditory! lol and use metal bats in baseball. crush that shit like 800 ft.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I pay to see the best I want to see the best. 100% for it

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if you could take a pill to be better at your job would you??

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It should be mandatory!!!!

I'm just sick of vilifying the ones who get caught. The politics of testing is retarded and never fair. Taking away awards and accomplishments from people for enhancements are ridiculous. Chemicals or not, they earned it.

And in reality, take away the chemicals and all the professional athletes would still be professional athletes. Its about skill.

This is one of the most insightful videos on the subject IMO

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit, I flipped my ace card already. Good vid POB

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit, I flipped my ace card already. Good vid POB

That honestly bothers me... I really really wish that I wasn't such a fuckin tool when I first cycled. I had seen this video back then but didn't fully understand it. Now there is no going back.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That honestly bothers me... I really really wish that I wasn't such a fuckin tool when I first cycled. I had seen this video back then but didn't fully understand it. Now there is no going back.

You and a great amount of us POB.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man I love that video. I had watched a while ago and forgot about it. Pretty much says it all.

artgod33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It should be mandatory!!!!

I'm just sick of vilifying the ones who get caught. The politics of testing is retarded and never fair. Taking away awards and accomplishments from people for enhancements are ridiculous. Chemicals or not, they earned it.

And in reality, take away the chemicals and all the professional athletes would still be professional athletes. Its about skill.

This is one of the most insightful videos on the subject IMO

Hmmm... this sounds identical to a tirade I went on a few months ago on FB! :tren:

Same video too!

(I will show my kids this video when they're old enough)