What handgun should I get for my wife?

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Currently she has s&w 38 revolver. Most of my guns are oldschool, I figured it can't be too hard for her to use a revolver in a stressed situation. I'd like to get her something a little more modern, she's going to get her concealed weapons license and I figure we'll start going to the range for practice. It doesn't have to be pink!, but I'd like to some ideas on compact "chick" guns for ed carry. We manage some properties where we often find ourselves in heated debates...she needs some protection!

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ruger LCP or Sig P250. both compact and great guns!

curls

Reaction score

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mr Hunter has a Taurus 44 special. Great gun for her. I

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Baretta PX4 Storm .40 cal. Sexy as fuck!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
get her hand grenades better then a gun

getgains

Reaction score
40 cal glock safe lightweight and a 40 cal anywhere in the center mass is gonna knock ur dick in the dirt if your looking towards a wheel gun why not a judge 44 cal 410 u dont have to be accurate with a 410 00 buckshot i rather have my dick ripped off by ghost crabs!

curls

Reaction score
Where is she going to carry the gun. In a purse, holster etc.. A lot of the compacts have a short barrel but not much shorter grip making them a little harder to conceal. I like subcompacts for females because of the added concealment and grip size. The best thing to do is go to a large indoor gun range and let her shoot a few different types.

FYI: If she will be checking on these properties at night make sure she has low flash powder. If you have fired a short barrel pistol at night with a lot of muzzle flash it can take a second for your eyes to readjust.

oldskool954

Reaction score
Baretta PX4 Storm .40 cal. Sexy as fuck!

Px4 is a great gun but in a small frame 40 for a lady can be a lil over bearing. You don't want her to not want to carry it because it's to powerful. I'd say try a 9mm but let her shoot both to see how she likes it.

oldskool954

Reaction score
40 cal glock safe lightweight and a 40 cal anywhere in the center mass is gonna knock ur dick in the dirt if your looking towards a wheel gun why not a judge 44 cal 410 u dont have to be accurate with a 410 00 buckshot i rather have my dick ripped off by ghost crabs!

Love glocks I've never had a failure in my glock only problem is it has no safety which makes it a little unsafe if your #1 safety isn't (your finger) isn't properly conditioned to not discharge weapon. So she would end up either haveing a gun she would have to rack in a bad situation or have a loaded weapon in her purse with no safety. Not an ideal situation

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
don't get her a pea shooter. get her a fucking desert eagle .50 cal or something. something that's going to make someone shit their pants if she even shows it to them lol.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get anything bigger than a 9mm in a sub compact. Even a 9 isn't fun to shoot in that size, but they are cool.

I love the ruger lcp and I also really love the S&W Body guard. It's a comfortable gun that's easy to conceal.

The taurus judge is pretty popular but I don't like Taurus that much.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The Sig is the nicest hands down best quality most reliable little piece I've seen so far. The range next to my house has a rental board full of guns for rent to shoot and the Sig 38 is the only one out of 25 handguns with massive amounts of rounds through it that hasnt jammed once and thats without cleaning for over a month. Very impressive very reliable. !SHRUGS!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is so much harder for women to conceal.

I can throw a full size 1911 in my vest with 4 mags and no one would have a clue.

Take your wife to a range and have her try out all the decent carry guns. Whichever is most comfortable is the answer.

Reaction score
don't get her a pea shooter. get her a fucking desert eagle .50 cal or something. something that's going to make someone shit their pants if she even shows it to them lol.

Haha mental picture, funny shit dude. Those desert eagles are fuckin heavy!

11Bravo

Elite
Reaction score
Love glocks I've never had a failure in my glock only problem is it has no safety which makes it a little unsafe if your #1 safety isn't (your finger) isn't properly conditioned to not discharge weapon. So she would end up either haveing a gun she would have to rack in a bad situation or have a loaded weapon in her purse with no safety. Not an ideal situation

The safety issue is a good point but what if she has to use it. She's going to be scared as fuck naturally and might only have a slpit second to react and may fumble a manual safety. IMO the glocks benefits outweigh the risks. I carry mine everywhere.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Def depends on the use but I'd say sw 38 special maybe model 360 scandium or 642 with laser grips any special model is an all around great gun

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once someone sees that laser they're frozen or running bro

New Threads