What if progress stops ?

Capthowdy

Reaction score
If I stop dropping body fat what should I do to get it back on track ??

Currently I am 5 7’ 203 lbs . I started dieting at 230 lbs . I am eating 2000 calories a day and working out 5 days a week. Also doing 30mins steady state cardio 5 days. I’m pretty sure I lowered my calories to fast so I don’t wana have to reduce any more . Where do I go from here if it stalls out . I don’t wana waste time messing around . I am disciplined and can follow any eating plan needed to get the job done .
Compounds
Test c 500mg
Deca 500mg
Primo 400 mg
I’m 3 weeks into the cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'd personally bump up to maintenance calories, or what you think that should be, for a few days at least to reset, then this time slowly work my calories down as needed.

Cutting on Test and Deca? I know it's fine, but I'd be bothered by the water masking my bf loss.

MrRippedZilla

The Sage of Science
Reaction score
How long have you been dieting? Also translate those 2,000 cals into a caloric deficit percentage for me - what does your maintenance calories look like?

CJ makes a valid point about water retention masking bf loss.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're on deca and it's starting to build up. If you're going to cut on a compound with heavy water retention you're going to need to ignore the scale. Did you do a food log and figure out your actual maintenance calories before beginning your cut?

Reaction score
I was just about to say but CJ beat me to it, when I got off 500 test and 500 deca, my face thinned out, it looked like I lost 10 lbs overnight.

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I was just about to say but CJ beat me to it, when I got off 500 test and 500 deca, my face thinned out, it looked like I lost 10 lbs overnight.

Yeah, but I worded it poorly. You did much better at getting to the point.

Capthowdy

Reaction score
How long have you been dieting? Also translate those 2,000 cals into a caloric deficit percentage for me - what does your maintenance calories look like?

CJ makes a valid point about water retention masking bf loss.

I’m not really sure what my maintenance would be . And as far as how long I’ve been dieting I’d say about 3 months . Give or take quitting a few times bc of getting frustrated with the process .

Capthowdy

Reaction score
You're on deca and it's starting to build up. If you're going to cut on a compound with heavy water retention you're going to need to ignore the scale. Did you do a food log and figure out your actual maintenance calories before beginning your cut?

no food log or other then my fitness pal just to track calories and macros. I don’t know what my maintenance would be .

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I’m not really sure what my maintenance would be . And as far as how long I’ve been dieting I’d say about 3 months . Give or take quitting a few times bc of getting frustrated with the process .

I'd like to amend my suggestion from earlier. I'd maintain here for awhile, building your metabolism back up, before making another push. Three months is a long time to be dieting.

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
no food log or other then my fitness pal just to track calories and macros. I don’t know what my maintenance would be .

I'd bump up 200-300 Cals, see what happens in the next week or two. If your weight stabilizes, add some more. Keep repeating to build the metabolism back up over time.

MrRippedZilla

The Sage of Science
Reaction score
Re-calculate your new maintenance and get back up there. You can get back up within a few days or take a week if you're frightened of water retention (man up and don't be). Once there, stay for 2 weeks. Then restart the dieting phase again.

I prescribe diet breaks after 8-12 weeks of dieting for everyone except those on strict time limits. And even for the latter, I'd criticize them for not allowing more time to reach their goals. Those who don't plan to succeed are prepared for failure. Or whatever the ****.

Last edited:

Capthowdy

Reaction score
I'd bump up 200-300 Cals, see what happens in the next week or two. If your weight stabilizes, add some more. Keep repeating to build the metabolism back up over time.

i was thinking about this . I have been researching it but you always find both sides of the coin . Some will say this is the way do it and others say it doesn’t work ? Also I haven’t stalled out completely yet . If I had to put a label on this process I’d call it more of a recomp then just a cut.

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You just started a cycle, are you on TRT?

Capthowdy

Reaction score
You just started a cycle, are you on TRT?

no trt , I had labs done with my primary doc and had a 203ng/dl and he thought it was fine . Wouldn’t give me a script for trt . This was before I hoped on ugl shit .

Capthowdy

Reaction score
Re-calculate your new maintenance and get back up there. You can get back up within a few days or take a week if you're frightened of water retention (man up and don't be). Once there, stay for 2 weeks. Then restart the dieting phase again.

I prescribe diet breaks after 8-12 weeks of dieting for everyone except those on strict time limits. And even for the latter, I'd criticize them for not allowing more time to reach their goals. Those who don't plan to succeed are prepared for failure. Or whatever the ****.

last week I took a week off of dieting for 7 days . I didn’t track calories but I was eating mostly what I wanted within reason . The first 2 days were pretty bad but I reeled it back in from there. I went from 206 to 214 in that time period .

Reactions: Jin

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you are putting on deca water and your weight remains the same, you're losing.

I personally wouldn't change a thing unless after the next week the scale doesn't move.

Capthowdy

Reaction score
If you are putting on deca water and your weight remains the same, you're losing.

I personally wouldn't change a thing unless after the next week the scale doesn't move.

this is what I was planning as well . But I made this post to figure out what to do in the event that it does actually stop .

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, that Deca is a monkey wrench thrown in the gears.