What is the root cause of people losing interest in health and fitness as they get older?

GymRat79

Connoisseur of tranny cock
Reaction score
So basically when these men and women I’m speaking of were single all their priorities were was going to work, gym, and themselves individually with the random boyfriend or girlfriend on the side. Their lives revolved around chasing pussy and cock. Far fewer bills and some even still lived at home with no bills to worry about.

Then once they got older now they have others to worry about and time to make for people other than themselves. This has a negative impact on their diet and exercise routine. Which created a much different image and body type than when they were 22 years old. They do not care about that sexy outfit they want to wear for the club this upcoming weekend anymore because those days are over. When they were 22 their lifestyle made that a priority, and now instead it’s “what am I gonna cook this weekend for my family and what movie are we gonna watch on Friday night together.”

At 22 looks and fashion came before everything. Now it’s family and their profession.

Thanh god I’m still able to focus all my time and energy on myself compared to many out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not stuck on the past. Just a shock to see these people turn out this way to be honest.

Illness, education, careers, volunteering time, children, commitments, commitments to children (e.g., boy scouts, gymnastics, piano, etc), taking care of family, poverty, stamp collecting, lack of interest...

Children under 5 haven't developed empathy and tend to sociopathic behavior. I presume you never grew out of taking toys from others and not understanding why it's bad they're upset, or why "But I wanted it" isn't a valid reason to do so.

Have you been diagnosed as a narcissistic sociopath?
The question is rhetorical.
You might consider speaking to a mental health professional. This isn't a slight against you--this is a legitimate effort to help you get the care you need.

GymRat79

Reaction score
Here’s an example…

20 year difference. Looks like an overweight dufus now ( that hair needs to change) definitely and the girl looks alright though even though she was much hotter at the clubs back in the day. He never was a big gym rat but atleast took better care of himself back then.

Attachments

• C5D79CFF-742A-4CCA-B881-97A73194F367.jpeg
    C5D79CFF-742A-4CCA-B881-97A73194F367.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DC52AD09-8FE8-4D62-9F1E-EBE34EB68E7A.jpeg
    DC52AD09-8FE8-4D62-9F1E-EBE34EB68E7A.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 1E4D4E6E-78FC-4F2B-998D-68BF1791DF89.jpeg
    1E4D4E6E-78FC-4F2B-998D-68BF1791DF89.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 22

Mprtz

Reaction score
They are just "aging gracefully". Personally, (and I'm in my late 50s) I feel like I can bear just about anything (including death) over getting fat and out of shape. I'm certainly not saying that's healthier.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Here’s an example…

20 year difference. Looks like an overweight dufus now ( that hair needs to change) definitely and the girl looks alright though even though she was much hotter at the clubs back in the day. He never was a big gym rat but atleast took better care of himself back then.
Dude, he looks happy. How can you hate on this, regardless of his physical appearance? You seem genuinely bitter in some of your posts man.

Glad I don't keep people around who judge me arbitrarily. I wonder if this might be an underlying reason why the friends you reconnected with have pulled away. I'm not being a jerk here, I can just see how this would be the case if you acted like this in front of them.. or gave them any whiff of this particular brand of arrogance. It's simply very off putting.

You didn't ask for advice but I'm going to give you some anyway; just let people be... and be happy with who you are without resorting to judging others to get there.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Heres another way to interpret what I said. I'd rather deal with someone who looks like a dufus on the outside, versus a person who is an asshole on the inside. I'm sure most people feel similar.

Just let people be who they are going to be. If that's not good enough for you then just move on. This is how I *try* to live my life, as best as I can anyway (no one is perfect).

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here’s an example…

First off, this is creepy.

Second off, that guy looks stoked on his life. Maybe he simply found that non-fitness related pursuits brought him greater happiness?

It seems like you're looking for a binary answer to a complex and multivariate phenomenon. Unfortunately, that just ain't the way the world works.

Fvckinashman

Reaction score
a myriad of reasons.

1. shit gets hard at times
2. it is fucking boring to eat healthy constantly
3. priorities change
4. health issues compound it
5. comparison with "younger self" and trapped in that mental loop

As a gym owner and trainer these are all valid reasons people have said to me, and ones I have seen and most trainers have no fucking idea how to work around these things because they are too busy pretending that willpower and wanting it will change the world

GymRat79

Reaction score
Would you guys bang this chick? She was hot af 20 years ago and now looks old with hair that is turning gray. Didn’t age well in my opinion.

Attachments

• FD57F1E2-5A32-4248-BF06-2A2AD3A9E72F.png
    FD57F1E2-5A32-4248-BF06-2A2AD3A9E72F.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 250801A2-1DC3-475A-94FC-FF3D7C1982BC.jpeg
    250801A2-1DC3-475A-94FC-FF3D7C1982BC.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man its great to see people 20 yrs later who are actually happy in life, instead of others who are disgusted
Would you guys bang this chick? She was hot af 20 years ago and now looks old with hair that is turning gray. Didn’t age well in my opinion.
maybe, since im now old 20 yrs later, but prolly better 20 yrs ago

Reaction score
Using myself as an example. In my teens and 20's I felt friggin awesome working out 5 days a week. As I aged I had this ache and that ache. I focused on living a pain free lifestyle as many of my peers have had knee or hip replacements at this point. Most everyone has had surgeries that laid them up for months at a time. Decreasing hormones decreases the motivation to work out as well. I always ate decently except for a few years when I was younger. My diet is on point these days but my exercise is not. It's very rare to see anyone that is in shape at the places I frequent. I'm planning to join a gym for the first time in about 8 years to get back in shape. The motivation for that was a career change where I went from an environment where every last person I worked with was considered overweight or obese. The new career is a very different environment than the previous one. The number one reason overall was adjusting my priorities was so I wasn't in pain at all and that required eliminating anything that was causing that pain. I found a trainer that I'm hoping can help me identify what I was doing wrong that was causing that pain. He's pretty expensive but it will be worth it if he can figure out what I was doing wrong that led me to stop 8 years ago. I have yet to have any major surgery nor do I need to see a chiropractor or massage therapist multiple times a week like everyone around me. For every person the reason is different even though we likely all share many similarities. I didn't want to live in constant pain. Many of my peers that do have constant pain are taking opiates or heavy doses of THC multiple times a day. I also think there is an attitude change once your testosterone starts decreasing. People my age like to talk about how certain things are impossible or will never happen due to some circumstance outside of their control. I have a friend who was very successful in business before the fatigue set in and he got fat. He spends his days coming up with reasons why he can't make as much money as before. He and I are joining the gym together. He has had two major surgeries in the last 3 years where he spent a significant amount of time in the hospital and in bed at home. I believe it was 4 months for each surgery. He hasn't worked out since 2008. His motivation to get healthy is completely different than mine. If you asked him why he stopped he would tell you he got married and had a family and no longer had any time to exercise. People stop working out for a variety of reasons and one of them is the decrease in testosterone. Me I just wanted to be pain free and not have any major surgeries and I have accomplished that. It doesn't mean I don't exercise but I exercise much less in the winter than the rest of the year.

Slic.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
Not stuck on the past. Just a shock to see these people turn out this way to be honest.
It's been happening to me lately. Hard to explain, it just seems like if I miss a workout suddenly it's been two or three weeks without going. I was NOT like that in my 20s. Being on test has not made a difference. I think it's depression.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

20 more years of experience is the way I see that.
The women are the worst. Seems to me they let themselves go when they got married.
In all fairness to most women; they get married and have children and put their children ahead of themselves. Growing another human inside of you can raise holy hell on the body and can really fuuk up hormones for some. Those hormones don't come bouncing back right away, sometimes never.

GymRat79

Reaction score
Maybe these people only looked the way they did because of their age being 21 or 22. Now I see them and it’s age that has changed them? Maybe I was just assuming they were workout people and in all honesty they maybe went to the gym here and there but weren’t really into it like I thought they were? They also didn’t eat clean and ate like shit but that didn’t have a negative impact until now. Which would explain why they look different. When all is said and done they are the same people they always were.

TomJ

Reaction score
Here’s an example…

So young man meets hot girl that makes him happy, marrys her, grows older with her, is still happy.

and youre bitter that he gained some weight?

Sounds like youre just twisted that he got the hot girl and you were left all alone to shitpost on a steroid and bodybuilding forum

GymRat79

Reaction score
So young man meets hot girl that makes him happy, marrys her, grows older with her, is still happy.

and youre bitter that he gained some weight?

Sounds like youre just twisted that he got the hot girl and you were left all alone to shitpost on a steroid and bodybuilding forum
Not really. It bothers me actually because people should learn from their mistakes and not get worse as they age. A phase is one thing so maybe he will eventually get back to his weight when he was 22. But unfortunately this guy has been becoming a fat ass longer than a phase period which usually is about 5-7 years on average, so I highly doubt seeing him changing. Quite honestly I feel sorry for her because they married very young and she doesn’t believe in divorce since they have been together since high school. Well let me tell ya someone is gonna fuck her good and she’s gonna realize she can do better. I wouldn’t doubt it if she’s sucking cock on the side when hubby is away.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Root causes is a liberal term

GymRat79

Reaction score
KIDS.

Don't have them.
Correct these two had kids very young together also. He’s a slob it’s quite obvious. I feel sorry for her sexy little ass. She needs a real good fuck by a man in shape and not a fat ass. She’s obviously extremely insecure and suffers from a mental disorder.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Correct these two had kids very young together also. He’s a slob it’s quite obvious. I feel sorry for her sexy little ass. She needs a real good fuck by a man in shape and not a fat ass. She’s obviously extremely insecure and suffers from a mental disorder.
Where are you getting this from? How do you know she's not happy with her life.

Make up suits you... you're pretty catty.

New Threads