What supplements are need to body build ?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Your body isn't going to use protein for energy until you are seriously depleted. From what I see in most people's training that isn't happening. I do think guys go overboard.

Nobody weighing 200lbs NEEDS 400 grams of proteenz

I agree 400g is a bit much for a 200lb lifter but my point is protein doesn't get wasted in your urine if you take too much of it.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fish oil. Multi vit i think helps, BCAA/EAA (drink while working out). EAA's are much better. Creatine with some dextrose is nice too. the rest isnt going to do anything.........The only reason i would buy anything beyond that would be taurine for back/calf pumps. with some orals at a hi dose those can be a bitch.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
But will turn to fat correct?

Like we give a shit about abs!

Haha nope, we as PLers don't give a shit about abs although I do like remaining athletic in a general sense of the word rather than obese.

The pathways for protein to be converted to fat do exist but in all reality they'll never be used that way. Protein will be converted to glucose well before it'll ever be stored as fat and when that happens it inhibits fat oxidation which then could make you fatter. These are indirect mechanisms though not direct.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your body isn't going to use protein for energy until you are seriously depleted. From what I see in most people's training that isn't happening. I do think guys go overboard.

Nobody weighing 200lbs NEEDS 400 grams of proteenz

Juuuuce + protein = Gainz

New Threads