What To Do For Tendonitis

Reaction score
Are you able to get your hands on NormaTec arm (air compression) attachments or a Game Ready (cold water circulation w/ compression)?

If not, I’ve had success with dry needling and scraping by a Physical Therapist.

Do you have a message gun to loosen up the effected area and it’s surrounding muscles?

Lastly, I also had a Doctor write me a Rx for celecoxib aka Celebrex.

Heal quick,
A.

Reaction score
Are you able to get your hands on NormaTec arm (air compression) attachments or a Game Ready (cold water circulation w/ compression)?

If not, I’ve had success with dry needling and scraping by a Physical Therapist.

Do you have a message gun to loosen up the effected area and it’s surrounding muscles?

Lastly, I also had a Doctor write me a Rx for celecoxib aka Celebrex.

Heal quick,
A.
I don't have a massage can you recommend one? The Dr. gave me a script for Meloxican 7.5.
What is the best single exercise for all the muscles in the legs?

Reaction score
Massage Gun:
HyperVolt (Costy)
Theragun (Costy)
TOLOCO on Amazon is probably the best bang for your buck.

Have you tried a TENS Unit yet?

Single best exercise for the legs that target both the posterior and anterior chains; I’d argue is a version of the squat. Just my opinion…

Heal quick,
A

Reaction score
Well after 3 months of doing pretty much nothing other than stretching, I started back a few weeks ago doing pushup's and crunch's. Today started my second week using the multipurpose machine I have that use cables. So far so good no new pain doing light weight and more reps!!! I am still very worried about reinjury!!! I will stay with this machine for a month or so to see how it works out...
Did the pain end up coming back? Are you able to do all of your workouts normally now?

Reaction score
You made a name for yourself.

I told you that you’re entitled to your opinion of me and that I reserved my right to form an opinion of you. I’m just expressing my opinion.
Does this mean you're going to follow me into every thread I post in?

Reaction score
Did the pain end up coming back? Are you able to do all of your workouts normally now?
No the pain has not come back, I am still using just the cable machine and slowly moving up the weight

Reaction score
Find your minimum effective and maximum recoverable volume diligently. I struggled with tendonitis for years and ended up tearing my supraspinatus and getting snapping elbow syndrome.

I'm 2 years into recovery and definitely, VOLUME is everything.

Reaction score
So after another rest period I am back on the cable machine two weeks and all good so far. I must remember to keep stretching and take a week off after about 4-5 weeks. This is what I forgot to do last time.

Reaction score
So after another rest period I am back on the cable machine two weeks and all good so far. I must remember to keep stretching and take a week off after about 4-5 weeks. This is what I forgot to do last time.
So here I am again after more rest and stretching. So on January 1st I started back again on the cable machine, so far so good. This time after my 4 th week of working out I have taken this week off from lifting.
I am still doing my stretch routine just as I would when working out only no lifting or workouts. Gonna start back in another week and go from there. I have to remember to take time off after a few weeks or so...

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Man I’d say taking all the time off is excessive. I have had it for a long time. Do you lift in a ballistic manner?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Doing only the eccentric (negative) portion of the exercise that aggravates it will fix tendonitis.

When I used to get it where my tricep connects to the elbow, Id use cables and do single arm tricep pressdowns but Id use the healthy hand to push it down and do slow negatives with the injured one. It works extremely quickly.

Hughinn

Reaction score
I have case of tendonitis in both of my arms more in the right than left, my chiropractor says it is cause by flat db press and flat tricep press. Because of the way we grip the db in these two movements.
So I stopped lifting and I am taking Aleve twice a day is there something else I should be doing?

Is the pain on top of the elbow , inside or under?

In any case anti inflammation medicine and stretching is the answer

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Idk if I suggest earlier in the thread but when I feel the ache coming on I have some of mark bells elbow cuffs. These allow me to work through pain and have good workouts

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the positive replies, here is one problem. I don't have any pain at all doing any of my workout, it pain came on suddenly after waking up one morning. Now I been going at it for a long time without taking a break and that may have contributed. I was thinking instead of using an overhand grip which is what my chiropractor said is the cause of the tighten of the muscles, maybe using an underhand grip doing the same exercises???
I got this pretty bad one time from raking all day. I could hear the tendons in my forearm almost squeaking the next day. Took a week of time off but that shit was right as rain after. Did a lot of stretching while resting. Everyone's rehab will be different but I found stretching out my triceps helped the most to alleviate elbow pain.

New Threads