What would you change about your first cycle if you could go back?

Reaction score
I am still researching what gear I will use for my first cycle. There are a lot of variations and Im not planning on bulking up big but I do want to have an edge with my crossfit. Ive got a lot of respect for the body builders but I don't plan on being one. I would like to hear about your experiences and what you would have changed, if anything, with your first cycle? Thanks.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ran test-e @600mg for 8.5 weeks.. #1 I would've ran it @400mg for 12 weeks (Same total amount of gear used) #2 I would've started my AI from day one, #3 I would've waited 3weeks to start pct instead of 2.

but honestly if you're going to run a cycle I think you should bulk/lean bulk. Eat whole foods often and train with intensity and volume (bodybuilding style). Your first cycle is always test-e only for 12weeks @400-600mg/week. But even with that if you're doing crossfit you won't maximize your gains and I think it's a waste of gear.

What are your stats? I know when I did my first cycle I told myself it would be the only one I needed to do because I just wanted to get to 175lbs Lol now I want more muscle.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ran test-e @600mg for 8.5 weeks.. #1 I would've ran it @400mg for 12 weeks (Same total amount of gear used) #2 I would've started my AI from day one, #3 I would've waited 3weeks to start pct instead of 2.

but honestly if you're going to run a cycle I think you should bulk/lean bulk. Eat whole foods often and train with intensity and volume (bodybuilding style). Your first cycle is always test-e only for 12weeks @400-600mg/week. But even with that if you're doing crossfit you won't maximize your gains and I think it's a waste of gear.

What are your stats? I know when I did my first cycle I told myself it would be the only one I needed to do because I just wanted to get to 175lbs Lol now I want more muscle.

Curious...why would you have run an AI from day one?

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight

30yo
6ft
165lbs
16%bf (but not even close to a sixer)

Would you recommend Clomid as an AI? Also will test-e by itself make me out-of-breath, when working out?

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would of learned how to eat to put on weight and not relied and drugs to do it. I would of saved the $ I spent on the cycle and hired a nutritionist and bought a shit ton of steak and sweet potatoes. I would of waited until I knew how to eat and had my diet in check before I even came close to my first pin.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would of learned how to eat to put on weight and not relied and drugs to do it. I would of saved the $ I spent on the cycle and hired a nutritionist and bought a shit ton of steak and sweet potatoes. I would of waited until I knew how to eat and had my diet in check before I even came close to my first pin.

This exactly!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Colt is correct. Pay your dues in the gym, learn how to get big naturally & reach your genetic potential. Then look into gear if you so desire.

If you've already decided on gear, I would strongly advise test only (as Lupi said) for your first run. Aiding you in crossfit though is not a likely outcome from adding gear to your regime.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
If I could go back and know the way things are now. I would of changed my attitude my first cycle. Instead of being a buzzed up maniac, I would of felt much better lol.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would of ate more and actually ran a pct

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you want to use steroids to give you an "edge in crossfit"? What benefits are you looking for, specifically?

The main use of anabolics is to build muscle faster than you could without them, or sometimes to maintain lean muscle while cutting. If that isn't your goal you might want to seriously consider if using steroids is for you. Yes, yo do see elite level endurance athletes getting busted using steroids like mast or var or bold or low dose test, but I think the results they get are mostly temporary, so unless you have a specific competition you're training for or something I'm not sure this kind of application would be worthwhile.

Reaction score
So you want to use steroids to give you an "edge in crossfit"? What benefits are you looking for, specifically?

The main use of anabolics is to build muscle faster than you could without them, or sometimes to maintain lean muscle while cutting. If that isn't your goal you might want to seriously consider if using steroids is for you. Yes, yo do see elite level endurance athletes getting busted using steroids like mast or var or bold or low dose test, but I think the results they get are mostly temporary, so unless you have a specific competition you're training for or something I'm not sure this kind of application would be worthwhile.

I appreciate constructive criticism and I think you questioning my use, is totally appropriate. Var/test really seemed like the best options for me. To answer your question specifically, Im here to get leaner, bigger, stronger, faster, and meaner. I just figured the mass would come with time. I'll also possibly change my routine to include conventional weightlifting on my off days while eating a lot more of the right food at the right time.

I guess, I posed this question with a little too much of my personal agenda. Just curious if anybody had regrets and how they could have done their first cycle differently. I haven't started a cycle because I haven't found a reputable domestic source yet. I don't have any friends that use gear so online is all I know and Im leery to order online. I work in medicine so injections don't scare me. Injecting something from china does, though. Maybe thats just my ignorance, though.

Thanks for all your feedback!

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Honestly the only thing I woulda changed is done a bigger first cycle lol

I paid my dues going from 120 to over 210 well before pinning

don draco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Was glad I stumbled upon this thread... some useful information in here. Thanks guys.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The first cycle i did was the best. I would have done a few things differently tho

My first cycle was test and dbol. I had plenty of dbol, but only one 10ml vial of test e. Not knowing much and receiving advice from my best bro at the time i started my cycle. It was the best cycle i ever ran. My diet was high in calories and lots of protein, but a dirty bulk.

cycle was

Test e 250 e 4th day
dbol 30mg/day for 6 weeks

No AI, only ran liver protection because of the dbol

I started my cycle @ 205lbs and ended up @ 235. Pct was clomid only and i ended up only loosing 5 lbs, so kept 25lbs. Got no gyno or anything. I did pct for a month and then started my second cycle with test only @ 600mg/week(not the best choice at the time)

my bench went from 225 1rep to 275lbs for 10 reps. Squat went from 225-375lbs. Dead lift went from 225- 405lbs

If i could do it over again, i would have made sure to have an AI, plan a better pct and make sure to have enough test for 12 weeks @ 600mg/week

New Threads