When you have options to buy do you prefer....?

Reaction score
When it comes to acquiring "supplies" from someone you're dealing with online and you have the option to do pay via Money Gram, Western Union, Walmart to Walmart or Bitcoin would you guys always use the latter and go with Bitcoin due to its anonymity? For me, using Bitcoin is a bit of a pain but, of course, I'll stick with it if there's any risk when it comes to sending payment that requires a photo ID.

Wanted to get some input from users here before I take my next step.

Reaction score
When it comes to acquiring "supplies" from someone you're dealing with online and you have the option to do pay via Money Gram, Western Union, Walmart to Walmart or Bitcoin would you guys always use the latter and go with Bitcoin due to its anonymity? For me, using Bitcoin is a bit of a pain but, of course, I'll stick with it if there's any risk when it comes to sending payment that requires a photo ID.

Wanted to get some input from users here before I take my next step.
Bitcoin because it's instant and for a lot of guys, easy. It took some getting use to in order to figure it all out.

I don't really think anything is 100% anonymous but I don't think they are really after the $300 gear purchasers. They want the bigger guys mostly because they want their taxes and their press releases. I think it's more hassle than it's worth to arrest the small guys.

Edit: Cash in mail is as close to anonymous as you can get. I forgot about that one. Most guys stopped accepting that though.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CashApp makes using Bitcoin simple(Think PayPal does now also?). Unfortunately, any anonymity you may have been looking for using Bitcoin is long gone when using that platform.
There are ways to cover your tracks that I keep promising myself I'm going to learn. I've got 2 friends who have offered to sit with me to teach me how. I hate feeling like a dummy but I've got to get over that and get things squared away.

Used to be with MoneyGram and Western Union that a Test ? and Answer could be used to send and pick up cash. It was pretty decent because you didn't have to pick the transfer up at a specific location. It had to be within a certain area. If I remember correctly it had to be picked up in the same county as the town/city the $$ was being sent to?

I believe the Test ? and Answer option is still available...it was a couple of years back....its just the amount that could be sent was reduced to $200 or $300 and then last I remember it was down to $100 or even less than that. The gov't has really gotten involved.

Then all these different and easy ways to send $$ like Zelle, CashApp, PayPal, Venmo, Revolut. This year most of these companies have to report all transfers of $600 and up to the IRS. Those gov't accountants are going to be busy as all get out.

Its been thrown around the Community for a while now that CIM(cash in mail) is going to be making a comeback in a big way. It already is if anyone is active? Guys have to break the habit of having that $$ instantly appear. The ol USPS is giving themselves all kinds of time these days to get pkg's where they are going.

Priority Mail used to be 2 to 3 days. Covid screwed that up. Its gotten a little better. 3 to 5 days is where things are from my point of view. Priority Express still offers a Money Back Guarantee. They now give themselves until 6pm whether its next day or 2 day express. They still fail miserably at times. I heard from some shippers using Express that at times the USPS was no better than 50% at getting the pkg's to their destinations on time. That's a lot of refunded fees.

Of course if its contraband that's being shipped the rule is not to be tied to any hot pkg's. I hear its tough to walk away from that $27.00? If you have an acct and are signed up for Informed Delivery you can apply for that refund from the comfort of your home or wherever you are with your smart phone.

On that not, if you must track a pkg with questionable contents using the USPS tracking system please remember to turn on your VPN. If you don't and you search a pkg thats being watched by the feds your IP address will forever be tied to that pkg. Its how some Dark Web Drug Dealers have been busted.

Stay safe out there, folks!!

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Bitcoin or CIM — depends who I’m dealing with.

My one guy only does CIM so not much choice there.

One thing to note about bitcoin is that it’s about half as anonymous as people think that it is.

Reaction score
Wow. Thank you, everyone, for these very thorough responses.

I've been in my current location for two years, approximately. I discovered there is a Bit coin ATM machine next to a standard bank ATM I sometimes use. I haven't tried to use the Bitcoin ATM yet so I don't know how it works but I'm pretty sure it accepts cash. I figured it would be the most anonymous way to use Bitcoin instead of using Coinbase which links to your bank account or debit card.

Reaction score
Wow. Thank you, everyone, for these very thorough responses.

I've been in my current location for two years, approximately. I discovered there is a Bit coin ATM machine next to a standard bank ATM I sometimes use. I haven't tried to use the Bitcoin ATM yet so I don't know how it works but I'm pretty sure it accepts cash. I figured it would be the most anonymous way to use Bitcoin instead of using Coinbase which links to your bank account or debit card.
Those bitcoin atms rape you in fees though.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
WU and MG I'm done with,. they ask for my ID and so many questions. Cash app was easy, but I'm a old relic CIM is preferred.

But have used Zelle which I really liked also. But there have to be complete trust on both ends.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
WU and MG I'm done with,. they ask for my ID and so many questions. Cash app was easy, but I'm a old relic CIM is preferred.

But have used Zelle which I really liked also. But there have to be complete trust on both ends.
How much were you sending when you used Western Union, and where to?

I ask because I have done Western Union for years, and a lot of agents ask for ID even when the system doesn't require it. They're not supposed to be doing that, but they're basically making up their own rules at that point.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
I lost thousands in crypto in the past year and a half. Maybe it will recover one day. I am not selling at this rate though.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
How much were you sending when you used Western Union, and where to?

I ask because I have done Western Union for years, and a lot of agents ask for ID even when the system doesn't require it. They're not supposed to be doing that, but they're basically making up their own rules at that point.
This was many years ago when you had to keep it under $1000. They did absolutely make their own rules. And certain countries red flag you. Haven't used them in years and won't

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
This was many years ago when you had to keep it under $1000. They did absolutely make their own rules. And certain countries red flag you. Haven't used them in years and won't
There's a handful of countries where the system will prompt me to ask for ID. Nicaragua and Nigeria are examples of countries where it asks for ID even if you're sending just 50 bucks.

A lot of agents ask for ID even to speak to you about Western Union. That's technically against the company's rules. I don't blame you for not using them anymore.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
There's a handful of countries where the system will prompt me to ask for ID. Nicaragua and Nigeria are examples of countries where it asks for ID even if you're sending just 50 bucks.

A lot of agents ask for ID even to speak to you about Western Union. That's technically against the company's rules. I don't blame you for not using them anymore
There was I source it used out of India was such a hassle to WU funds to many years ago. I guess they thought I was falling for some interest scam. Kept asking if I know the person ect to many questions. Then they ask for ID no thank you

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Agree with @biggerben692000 that CIM is making a comeback. More and more sources seem to offer it. IMO it is the best way to stay anonymous.

BTC is hardly anonymous at all especially if you use CashApp etc. However, it is very fast. The only downside to CIM is the time it takes to get to the destination which typically means your source waits to send anything.

If in time crunch, I would recommend BTC. If not, then CIM.

Also, no way of sending funds and receiving product is going to guarantee you can't get pinched. Doesn't really matter what you do, if LE wants you, they will get you. Chances are they don't want you for some personal purchase tho.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Agree with @biggerben692000 that CIM is making a comeback. More and more sources seem to offer it. IMO it is the best way to stay anonymous.

BTC is hardly anonymous at all especially if you use CashApp etc. However, it is very fast. The only downside to CIM is the time it takes to get to the destination which typically means your source waits to send anything.

If in time crunch, I would recommend BTC. If not, then CIM.

Also, no way of sending funds and receiving product is going to guarantee you can't get pinched. Doesn't really matter what you do, if LE wants you, they will get you. Chances are they don't want you for some personal purchase tho.
Yeah I'm sure the DEA and my local PD isn't watching me for my yearly Deca order for joints and a couple bottles of var to complement my TRT....lol. What I used to do probably couple of decades ago internationally this would be a different conversation. Time were so much easier back then, also TJ was the shit also to stock up and flip some shit on the side!!!!

New Threads