Friday
Chin-Ups 3 sets x 10 reps
Military Press: 3 sets x 10 reps
Barbell curls: 3 sets x 10 reps
Squats: 3 sets x 10 reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets x 10 reps
Lying triceps from floor 2/3x 8/10

Reaction score
Just add them on Monday when your legs and back are fresh.

There’s no reason that you need to do exactly the same number of exercises every day.

Is it not a sin to squat and deadlift on the same day.

I want to add them so I can get them as heavy as possible but if I'm doing squats would that no affect my deadlift.

I'm not a expert hence for this post

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Is it not a sin to squat and deadlift on the same day
No. Lots of powerlifting programs have you squat and DL on the same day. It’s good for building work capacity.

You could also do them Wednesday if you’d prefer, but if you do that I’d swap your Wed barbell rows with your Friday chin-ups. Doing DL and barbell rows on the same day is not ideal.

Reaction score
Is it not a sin to squat and deadlift on the same day.

I want to add them so I can get them as heavy as possible but if I'm doing squats would that no affect my deadlift.

I'm not a expert hence for this post
Just don’t squat on Monday

Reaction score
Just don’t squat on Monday

It's a hard one I love to hate squats lol.

Essentially the second day of my workout program has minimum legs so I can go hard on Monday and Friday on squats

Removing squats word mean I have minimal leg work on Monday and Tuesday

So I would need more leg work on day 2

Reaction score
Here is my program where can I add conventional deadlifts and rate my program

Do I need chest exercise on Friday

I'm 1 year training

Monday
Bench Press: 3 sets x 10 reps
Lat Pull Downs: 3 sets x 10 reps
Barbell Curls: 3 sets x 10 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps

Wednesday
Incline Press 3 sets x 10 reps
Barbell Row : 3 sets x 10 reps
Shrugs: 3 sets x 10 reps
Preacher Curl: 3 sets x 10 reps
Leg Curl: 3 sets x 10 reps
Abs: 1 set x 50 reps

Friday
Chin-Ups 3 sets x 10 reps
Barbell curls: 3 sets x 10 reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets x 10 reps
Lying triceps from floor 2/3x 8/10
what program is this?

Reaction score
It's basically a move away from my grey skull LP

To more bodybuilding as adding weight for minimal reps was leading me to form breakdown.

And my body has responded seriously good to higher reps

I love to hate squats
And wanna do deadlifts I no I have so much more weight to add

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I’m honestly not a fan of that program.

You’re doing as many sets for biceps as you are your quads, chest and back and there’s 1 direct tricep movement for the entire week vs 3 for biceps. Triceps make up 2/3 of your arm, so that’s ass-backwards.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are your goals?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
If you are pulling light weight, reps 5 and up do them with squats, if you are going balls out on deadlifts as @BigBaldBeardGuy said, replace a squat day with deadlifts.

I and many others would only max pull once every 3 to 4 weeks but we pulled every week in reps of 5 and higher. Max is reps of 1 to 3.

I feel with 1 year training you may not even know how to squat, pull or lift at all. So get to the basics, post video's up to learn proper technique than go from there.

As far as rating your program, something is better than nothing at your stage, let these guys fix you up and set you straight.

Reaction score
Why would you believe I can't do squats ?

I was saying my last program was focused solely on adding weight.

And my bench press suffered from this.

My new program and the different reps and sets focus more on form and if the form starts to get crap I don't count the rep and next workout I add a rep if I get 10 then add I'll add weight and work up till I get 3*10 focusing more on bodybuilding instead adding weight

And it would be different for deadlifts in terms of reps and sets

And I won't be Max pulling on deadlifts just increasing the weight up so I can get a heavy deadlift and squat

Reaction score
Why would you believe I can't do squats ?

I was saying my last program was focused solely on adding weight.

And my bench press suffered from this.

My new program and the different reps and sets focus more on form and if the form starts to get crap I don't count the rep and next workout I add a rep if I get 10 then add I'll add weight and work up till I get 3*10 focusing more on bodybuilding instead adding weight

And it would be different for deadlifts in terms of reps and sets

And I won't be Max pulling on deadlifts just increasing the weight up so I can get a heavy deadlift and squat
I’m lost. Can you explain how to “focus on bodybuilding” vs “adding weight”.

Reaction score
I’m lost. Can you explain how to “focus on bodybuilding” vs “adding weight”.
The linear progression program i was on said to add weight everytime i got 3 times 5 basily every session and if you can't get it for 2 sessions deload more powerlifting for beginners

Where's with a bodybuilding approach you can add reps instead of weight and add weight slower over time Instead of in such a aggressive maner

And my goal is not to be a powerlifter I did that program as I was weak and it got me stronger but the flaw in adding weight every session made my form break down

Last edited:
Reaction score
and can't you train bit more? I mean, of course, most of the time it does not have effect, but 2+1, 2+2 style might work better with you.
If you already train for a year, body could adapt to e.g. quads and chest on Monday, lats and lower back on tuesday, off Wed, Thursday quads and chest (one heavy on monday, second on thursday) and Friday again back (lower heavy one day, upper on the other one).
As tbh, after some time, three days (if you eat properly, sleep and these basic conditions) were not enough + you have only 6 basic things there.

If you re really limited, I would not focus on triceps, biceps that much and rather did more squats, DL and benchpress.

Reaction score
and can't you train bit more? I mean, of course, most of the time it does not have effect, but 2+1, 2+2 style might work better with you.
If you already train for a year, body could adapt to e.g. quads and chest on Monday, lats and lower back on tuesday, off Wed, Thursday quads and chest (one heavy on monday, second on thursday) and Friday again back (lower heavy one day, upper on the other one).
As tbh, after some time, three days (if you eat properly, sleep and these basic conditions) were not enough + you have only 6 basic things there.

If you re really limited, I would not focus on triceps, biceps that much and rather did more squats, DL and benchpress.

Basically I like doing full body workouts gives me a chance to satisfy my eGo doing all of the exercises I like like arms regularly and I feel it is a plan I can stick to long-term

I mean it's a split I think I can stick to a long-term.

New Threads