White Ape 2020 Log

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks dude. Think I found a gym. A little hardcore one. Gonna check it out after work. The owner coached for USA weightlifting and USA powerlifting. They got strong man equipment as well.

Fingers crossed!!

Having those experienced coaches would be priceless.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks dude. Think I found a gym. A little hardcore one. Gonna check it out after work. The owner coached for USA weightlifting and USA powerlifting. They got strong man equipment as well.

Fingers crossed!!

Eric Bodhorn? Elevate Barbell?

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
They are associated with the Colorado branch of the USAPL. Have been for decades it seems. Good people, I have talked to Dan several times.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
They are associated with the Colorado branch of the USAPL. Have been for decades it seems. Good people, I have talked to Dan several times.

I’m excited about it. Swing in there in about an hour to see what’s up

Reactions: CJ

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Well... guess I should have called first. Access only club. Meeting Dan tomorrow at 530 and he will make sure I’m good to go for his club. Peeking in the windows. This is where I belong. Hope he accepts me

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah. It does. Super stoked. Also had a follow up with my TRT doc this morning. Getting bumped to 200mg test C once a week along with 2mg of anastrozol. Will do blood work in 4 weeks to see what’s up

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Day 5 - no booze, its getting easier. The Weekend will be the urge again I am sure.

Total Cal - 2370
Protein 170
Carb - 284
Fat - 55

Kept the fats low today. Need to increase protein to 200+

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Day 5 - no booze, its getting easier. The Weekend will be the urge again I am sure.

Try having a conversation about it with whomever your with this weekend. I'm sure they'll have your back and help you out. Teamwork!!!

Get a calendar and a red Sharpie. Put it in a place you see daily, so you have some accountability. Every day that goes by and you don't drink, put a big red X over that day. Keep the streak going. Soon that calendar in itself will give you extra motivation to hit your goal. Imagine how bad you'd feel if you had to end the streak?

(*not my idea, I've heard it from others before) .

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Good advice. It’s pretty much what I’m doing here. With both diet and drinking. I have people watching and it helps keep me accountable.

it was like I was getting sucker punch from multiple angles when I start this back up again. It was a perfect storm to get started. Now it’s consistency, patience, and accountability

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Got me all signed up with Dan. Signed up for coaching as well. Deadlifts on Friday will be the first workout.

dude asked if I had chuck T’s or converse. I told him no. He said “well go buy a pair. They’re cheap”. Hahaha

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Day 6 - booze free

2089 cal
protein 130
carbs 225
fat 73

a bit shy on totally calories for today. Came nowhere close to my protein goals. Meal prepped Sunday and kinda ran out of food. Got restocked this evening. Will have to add more meat to the meal prep situation for each day.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Good Job VanillaGorilla! If you ever wanna talk about some coping mechs or anything, hit me up.

Last edited:

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
18 months sober here. PM me and I’ll give u my phone number if u ever want to talk. Even if u don’t wanna talk, it’s good to connect with like-minded folks

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Day 7 in the books

so I didn’t track food today. Nothing was prepped. Ate two breakfast burritos around 9am and then ate about 9oz of chicken thighs and 2 cups of white rice for dinner.

deadlifts tomorrow with my coach!

Reaction score
Same here man, about 4.5 yrs clean and sober right now. I first got sober in '99 and had 15 yrs of sobriety when I relapsed on opiates in 2015. I honestly have not drank alcohol since '99.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Same here man, about 4.5 yrs clean and sober right now. I first got sober in '99 and had 15 yrs of sobriety when I relapsed on opiates in 2015. I honestly have not drank alcohol since '99.

quite a few of y’all here.

I always think of Rich Roll when I think about this topic. Was drinking and drugging and then at 40 or some shit he decides to change his life and becomes a hardcore ultra runner.

I suppose many of you turned to the iron when you turned away from drugs and drinking. I’ve met people who got sober only to trade that addiction for another one called work. My last boss was this type of person.

I never considered myself to have an addictive personally. I’ve quit dipping cold turkey for 4 months this last time. Hopefully it’s as easy to drop drinking. Issue with dip is I started working again and bought a can. Which turned the old habit right back on.

I suppose that no matter how long it’s been, I will probably always have to have my guard up as far as booze go

New Threads