Why do you cycle?

Reaction score
I’m always intrigued by why people do what they do, in all aspects of life. So I ask, why do you take steroids? Me personally, I’ve done a pro hormone cycle (yeah I know) back before they were illegal, and I did a 15 week cycle that ended in Jan of 17. I was 39. I’ve been lifting for a long time and I just always thought I’d do it l, if for no reason other than to see what it’s about. I went on trt a few years ago (test never came back after the prohormone cycle) and once I got that sorted and didn’t need bloods for 6 months, I went on 500mg of test e. I loved every minute of it, I grew like I never have before and I gained a ton of strength. I ruined the cycle with a work injury but it was still an amazing couple of months. I see more in my future. I never played sports or competed in anything, I just really enjoy lifting.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not my personal experience, but we had one guy on here who was cycling because his German fiance dumped him after trump made it too hard for her to come visit (or so she said)

Sh*t, wish I could find that priceless thread again.

Last edited:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Body dysmorphic disorder and incremental gains :D

Also, I'm like POB in that I have no friends other than those I speak to on a regular basis at the gym. If it weren't for the gym, I'd have no contact outside of the work/home environment. :(

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bit of an advantage being seen as an imposing figure in my line of work (I work primarily with underperforming labor teams who often dont respect much but brute force or the threat of it). Plus I'm getting older and take a bit longer to recover from a good training than I used to, so every trick in the book.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont. And Im still stronger than you. :)

Chillinlow

Reaction score
What’s a cycle?

this is like asking why do you jerk off idk cause I can?

Oblivious

Reaction score
Because Im passive suicidal and I wanna do whatever I think is fun, i just plain dont give a ****

Reaction score
Body dysmorphic disorder and incremental gains :D

Also, I'm like POB in that I have no friends other than those I speak to on a regular basis at the gym. If it weren't for the gym, I'd have no contact outside of the work/home environment. :(

i don’t speak to people in the gym. But I’m socially retarded.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did it.....got what I wanted...got over it...lol:)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I havent as of yet but am probably going to once i get in better shape, ive always been into lifting, always wanted to be bigger and stronger, maybe a short man syndrome because of how tall i am. Something ive always been interested in but never pulled the trigger to do, lucky thing i didnt cause i was no where close to prepared or well enough informed to do so.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Peer pressure, football greatness, women flocking, the usual suspects.

Never been laid because of my physique. Been laid a lot because I was confident AF and funny. In college you could see my ego way before you could spot me.

The body didnt hurt though:)

New Threads