Women and HRT Including TRT

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
mine would be the same, you couldnt talk her into it no matter what

I kid you not; my wife actually thought men have testosterone and woman have estrogen. That a man didn't have estrogen and a woman didn't have testosterone. So where do you start from with that type of information? You have to figure any conversation is doomed with that lack of understanding. Add in that it's coming from a dumb ass like her husband and you can see how far it was going to go.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I kid you not; my wife actually thought men have testosterone and woman have estrogen. That a man didn't have estrogen and a woman didn't have testosterone. So where do you start from with that type of information? You have to figure any conversation is doomed with that lack of understanding. Add in that it's coming from a dumb ass like her husband and you can see how far it was going to go.

I had to teach mine this over a year or two about 10yrs back. She just didnt get it and at that time, studying to be a nurse. lol

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

I've gone to doctors here and asked for e2 test. They look it up in the book and say "we can't test you for that because that's a female hormone". These are just dumb GPs but nonetheless....

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test cream was my gateway drug. Enjoy!

Awesome!!! Just glad to hear it works!!!!!:)

I feel pretty damn good at the low ass level I'm at right now but I'm ok with getting it up to a healthy level:32 (20):

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So...just an FYI for older wives lol...some already know this...........

Had blood tests done on hormones due to not bad "warm flashes" (and that being the only thing I am feeling for menopause) results showed that I'm having menopause symptoms so Dr. prescribed Estrogen patches and Progestin pills.

Now, of course with my recent issue I'm on top of anything I put in my body and freaked the fuuuck out when I read that the Estrogen is related to cancer so at the Oncologist office yesterday I asked if I could take them...was told that the area that Estrogen could cause cancer is ovaries and breasts only supposedly so if I need them....I can take them.

But...I don't need them at this moment as I feel great...might not ever need them (which I'm pretty sure will be the case as I'm lucky about that type of stuff).

Anyway, just stating things learned...it's awesome!
:)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao...just noticed my “hot flashes” have started to not happen often and I haven’t even been on that long:)

Not that I’ve had many..but now less..I’m sure they will stop altogether soon!

Wasn’t having them before I stopped using February...so...TRT is the bomb!!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao...just noticed my “hot flashes” have started to not happen often and I haven’t even been on that long:)

Not that I’ve had many..but now less..I’m sure they will stop altogether soon!

Wasn’t having them before I stopped using February...so...TRT is the bomb!!

That’s interesting. I never would have guessed that testosterone is related to hot flashes. I learn something new here everyday

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I never would have guessed that testosterone is related to hot flashes. I learn something new here everyday

Same here but of course I have no idea when they started in the first place as I had been on TRT for years...maybe they just started in May for the first time ever but the cream is making them stop so I'm game for it..hopefully it's the only side I get from menopause because I am against the other hormone treatments and I feel awesome so maybe I'm lucky. I've heard horror stories about women that suffer from menopause.

Last edited:

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Jenn - thank you for starting this thread. I am still reading through it. My soon to be wifey is - I believe - going through the early phases of menopause but her Dr is telling her she is just fine. She will be 49 next month, has adopted my gymrat lifestyle and is an amazing woman. It really pisses me off that her Dr won't even run the bloodwork to check any of her levels. After reading a lot of this thread, I think I am going to pay cash for an out of network Dr to do her bloodwork. Like I said, I have still to read this whole thread and maybe it mentions it in one of the posts, but what should be checked in her labs? Test - like men, does this have to be done at a certain time of the day? Estrogen I know. Anything else?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jenn - thank you for starting this thread. I am still reading through it. My soon to be wifey is - I believe - going through the early phases of menopause but her Dr is telling her she is just fine. She will be 49 next month, has adopted my gymrat lifestyle and is an amazing woman. It really pisses me off that her Dr won't even run the bloodwork to check any of her levels. After reading a lot of this thread, I think I am going to pay cash for an out of network Dr to do her bloodwork. Like I said, I have still to read this whole thread and maybe it mentions it in one of the posts, but what should be checked in her labs? Test - like men, does this have to be done at a certain time of the day? Estrogen I know. Anything else?

Awesome you are reading this for your lady!! Article on page 5 is the bomb and all you need about TRT. As far as menopause test..it’s called FSH Test..you can google it but my GP Dr. is also a hormone Dr. and that’s the menopause blood test he does.

Sad her Dr. is that way...I’d look for someone else!

No, tests don’t have to be done at a certain time of day

Pages 5-6 are the most current info and what’s going on..lol:)

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score

It could be worse... The NP at my original TRT doctor said that men didn't need estrogen and said that my 6.8 pg/mL estradiol level was nothing to worry about, even though I felt like crap.

In other news, my wife showed me her labs and her testosterone was at 138 ng/dL from the topical cream that is prescribed to her. Unfortunately, I cannot get her in the gym. :(

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...bummer but at least you’re getting good sex I hope:)

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Have you looked into pellets Jenn. A lot of females are in pellets today its the thing
of the future.

New Threads