Reaction score
Thursday-chest/shoulders
Friday-biceps/reardelts/back
Saturday-legs
Monday-shoulders/triceps/chest
Tuesday-back/biceps/hamstrings

Calves and abs everyday.

Reaction score
I should be doing chest and shoulders the same day right? Especially if I want to be able to give my shoulders some rest during the week? I was doing chest one day , back another, legs one day , tris and bis one day and shoulders another. But my shoulders always seem to take a pounding and not get much rest when doing it like that. What do you think

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I should be doing chest and shoulders the same day right? Especially if I want to be able to give my shoulders some rest during the week? I was doing chest one day , back another, legs one day , tris and bis one day and shoulders another. But my shoulders always seem to take a pounding and not get much rest when doing it like that. What do you think
Depends on your programming and recovery.

If I were you I’d do upper/lower or push/pull/legs.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Been a long time since I set certain body parts. Last time I had set days it was a powerlifting routine and I did

Monday squats
Wednesday bench
Friday deads

Reaction score
Ya I used to do back bis one day, chest and tris another legs one day and shoulders another when I was younger

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Ya I used to do back bis one day, chest and tris another legs one day and shoulders another when I was younger
This ppl splits are pretty awesome. I wish I would have done it more ten years ago

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just altered mine up to:

Tuesday: Pull day, so back, rear delts, biceps, and some abs

Wednesday: Push Day, so chest, shoulders, triceps, and some calfs

Friday: Leg day, plus some abs

Saturday: Upper Body, so back, chest, shoulders, bis, and tris.

I'm not hitting legs 2x per week only because I'm doing a lot of hiking, after the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Another split I like is
Chest/biceps
Quads
Day off
Shoulder/triceps
Back/hamstrings
Day off

I’ll do a heavy day 8-12 upper body, 10-15 lower body
Light day12-15 upper, 15-20 lower
3-4 exercises for chest, back, quads,
1 for lower back
1 for hamstrings
2 for shoulders, bis, and tris
each day
I’ll also do calves and abs every day
Every working set to failure I’ll start 1-2 then add 1 every 2 weeks up to 4 per exercise.
Adding weight or reps each week

Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice. When you say 8-12 is that sets or reps? Also not trying to score gear. Already have been read the riot act multiple times lol. Does anyone recommend any supplements and anything that helps with recovery or joints?

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice. When you say 8-12 is that sets or reps? Also not trying to score gear. Already have been read the riot act multiple times lol. Does anyone recommend any supplements and anything that helps with recovery or joints?
Reps.

Reaction score
Another split I like is
Chest/biceps
Quads
Day off
Shoulder/triceps
Back/hamstrings
Day off

I’ll do a heavy day 8-12 upper body, 10-15 lower body
Light day12-15 upper, 15-20 lower
3-4 exercises for chest, back, quads,
1 for lower back
1 for hamstrings
2 for shoulders, bis, and tris
each day
I’ll also do calves and abs every day
Every working set to failure I’ll start 1-2 then add 1 every 2 weeks up to 4 per exercise.
Adding weight or reps each week
Question I’ve wondered. Do abs and calves not need rest time to build? Doing them every day isn’t over doing it? I’m really asking.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Question I’ve wondered. Do abs and calves not need rest time to build? Doing them every day isn’t over doing it? I’m really asking.
Certain muscles are just designed to be able to take a beating. We're on our feet all day, imagine if calfs needed rest days?

Calfs, forearms, abs, and shoulders can be hit with higher frequencies that other muscles can.

Other muscles like biceps can be hit often as well, just not as much as the calfs for example.

Others like the hamstrings, at least for me personally, are at most 2x per week, but only 1x if they're being loaded heavy under a stretch like they would be in a DL or RDL.

Reaction score
Certain muscles are just designed to be able to take a beating. We're on our feet all day, imagine if calfs needed rest days?

Calfs, forearms, abs, and shoulders can be hit with higher frequencies that other muscles can.

Other muscles like biceps can be hit often as well, just not as much as the calfs for example.

Others like the hamstrings, at least for me personally, are at most 2x per week, but only 1x if they're being loaded heavy under a stretch like they would be in a DL or RDL.
I never thought about it that way but makes sense. Thanks.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Legs
Back, bis
Chest, tris, calves
Shoulders, bis
Off

What specific day if th3 week it is, is whatever it is

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Tues - Vertical Press, accessories
Thurs - Squat, accessories
Fri - Horizontal Press, accessories
Sun - Deadlift, Squat, accessories
Conditioning - 2x week (sleds, weighted carries. performed on non-lifting days)

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
No, up to a point. Why does a muscle grow?
It’s really all individual. Try it and see if you can recover.