You guys want to have a little ongoing Weight Lifting competition?

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. That's just a fuuking joke that DF has kept up with

2. I don't push what I do on anyone or act like its the only way to train

3. I don't make people feel like shit for not doing what I like to do

rawwrrrr ...

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I challenge anyone to a mai tai or beer drinking contest.

50 bucks to participate. ... we all have to use face time while being at a ping pong bar..

Winner takes it all

Tell you what Yaya, as soon as my liver is clear to drink.......i will do push ups while drinking mai tais and beers.

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We need to have a beer bong compition. Old school. Almost died when I was younger trying this shit with bottles of mad dog. Can almost throw up right now thinking about it.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

And your gonna here me........ROOOOOOOOOAAAAARRR!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but you probably shouldn't start a "weightlifting competition" thread on a Powerlifting board (suck it, Seeker :D) when you pull 315 for 6.

I'm one of the weaker dudes on this board and I just pulled 465 x 5. I've power cleaned 315. And I'm not posting the vid because I don't give a shit. POB has seen the vid if anyone wants validation. It's not like 465x5 is some huge number anyways...its below average in our world.

465x5 pull = STRONG as F'k bro and nothing to sniff at it is impressive by far, we are not all going to be like Dan Green.

One should not judge another and talk shit about others goals but Bodybuilders have for a long time talked shit about Powerlifters especially the weak ones while they use an excuse they'd rather look strong then be strong, I say what man would live life thinking that. Then the ones that act tough but bitch up about squatting and deadlifting.

So in a Powerlfiters eyes we feel we have heard enough, there are much less of us then the Bodybuilders type but then again most are wannabes and not real Bodybuilders they only talk the lifestyle not live it without never setting foot on stage unless it's with a broom in hand lol.

It is really hard work for both the Powerlifter and Bodybuilder it's not easy one bit I respect both that respect both.

Ego's are going to be everywhere men are they go hand and hand and I'd rather see the ego's behind a keyboard then in a gym getting hurt.

I wouldn't talk down ones goals but I will get in a fellow Powerlifters heads to push their buttons so they bring extra to the gym, meet or just a lift.

Last edited:

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but PL isn't the be-all, end-all and certainly doesn't mean that if you are not a PL, you are not strong.

Some serious egos need to be left at the door.........................

You are correct there are very strong bodybuilders. No one will argue that. Also no one will argue that you are in great shape.

Here is the difference. Being and athlete vs being a narcissist who is so self conscience that the have to show an extreme outward appearance to feel better about themselves. When your goal is to simply look good, in my book you are a sham. Again that is my opinion.

I give a crap what I look like when I take my shirt off. I may not have the biggest Bis or the best delts but I guarantee you anyone that looks at me says man that dude looks good, that dude looks very strong and I bet he doesn't wear a god damn bikini.

Ask yourself why do you workout. I guarantee 99.9% of people is so they can show off at the beach, or get pussy. Don't give me that "because it makes me feel good" BS. Drinking whiskey makes me feel good.

A PL is a functional athlete period.

Last brain buster of the day: Why are there so many bodybuilders and people who just lift vs PLs? Why is bodybuilding a billion dollar industry? I will tell you why. Because people are weak, people are soft, and only about 1% of the world has the stones to really strap it on day after day to do what a PL does. So yes my lady, in that sense it IS the be-all and end-all in terms of its purpose.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I offended anyone. SFGiants is right.

I am getting ready for this meet and I am all ****ing business. I have a short fuse right now. No excuse though.

I love you all LOL.

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
I love bodybuilding and pl and I have competed in both, so dtownry im a narcissist ? And im self conscious huh ? lol your on here screaming about how much better you are b/c your a pl lol holy hypocrite. and a pl is not more of a functional athlete than bb'ers. really neither are all that functional more like strongmen or football players, unless your actively doing plyo's and sprints and shit your not all that functional dont get ahead of yourself.
I dont know why either side has to assert that their way is better, both are f'in awesome, both take extreme dedication just with diff goals and priorities. dont think your so tough because you squat, cuz youve prob never had the dedication to get down to 4% bodyfat

Last edited:

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
but im 180
1 rep max for squat is 365
dl 375
bench 300
ohp 165
i can do about 12 straight pullups with good form.... hmmm what else

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love bodybuilding and pl and I have competed in both, so dtownry im a narcissist ? And im self conscious huh ? lol your on here screaming about how much better you are b/c your a pl lol holy hypocrite. and a pl is not more of a functional athlete than bb'ers. really neither are all that functional more like strongmen or football players, unless your actively doing plyo's and sprints and shit your not all that functional dont get ahead of yourself.
I dont know why either side has to assert that their way is better, both are f'in awesome, both take extreme dedication just with diff goals and priorities. dont think your so tough because you squat, cuz youve prob never had the dedication to get down to 4% bodyfat

Well first I am new to PL and not even close to being strong as far as the sport goes. I have been on both sides of the fence, played D-1 sports, done bodybuilding, done triathlons, and I have looked like a Greek God in the past. Have you been on both sides of the fence sir?

I am not going to argue with you and I don't need to tell you what I have done and what I haven't done in my life. It would boggle your ****ing mind anyway.

Like I said in my post it is my opinion and I will voice that opinion whenever I damn well please.

We can agree to disagree. Or not, your choice. Anyway have a great day and I apologize if I offended you.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
but im 180
1 rep max for squat is 365
dl 375
bench 300
ohp 165
i can do about 12 straight pullups with good form.... hmmm what else

Listen numb nuts I didn't ask for your stats nor do I give a ****. Let this one lay where it is please.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Listen numb nuts I didn't ask for your stats nor do I give a ****. Let this one lay where it is please.

Dtown, he's posting his stats and his PR's. Remember, that is what this thread was intended for.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My milkshake is better than yours.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I will just say this, as long as you're at the gym training and trying, you have my respect. No matter what your goals are.

At around the age of 37 I started to get my ass in shape pre Powerlifting I started out just doing a shit ton of cardio via swimming laps, elliptical, running bleachers, running the football field, running the track and treadmill and it was brutal a hell it was hard work that I learn in time to do in a shorter amount of time in intervals.

I was so in shape I kept up reffing and coaching rec soccer teams I would run up and down that soccer field reffing games, I can not do this today my goals changed from wanna great endurance and stamina to having much more strength.

Point is I put all out in both goals they just gave different results with one taking away muscle, strength and size to the other giving it.

For anyone wanting to get endurance and stamina I would say hands down the 2 that work the best are interval in the pool and sprinting intervals.

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You are correct there are very strong bodybuilders. No one will argue that. Also no one will argue that you are in great shape.

Here is the difference. Being and athlete vs being a narcissist who is so self conscience that the have to show an extreme outward appearance to feel better about themselves. When your goal is to simply look good, in my book you are a sham. Again that is my opinion.

I give a crap what I look like when I take my shirt off. I may not have the biggest Bis or the best delts but I guarantee you anyone that looks at me says man that dude looks good, that dude looks very strong and I bet he doesn't wear a god damn bikini.

Ask yourself why do you workout. I guarantee 99.9% of people is so they can show off at the beach, or get pussy. Don't give me that "because it makes me feel good" BS. Drinking whiskey makes me feel good.

A PL is a functional athlete period.

Last brain buster of the day: Why are there so many bodybuilders and people who just lift vs PLs? Why is bodybuilding a billion dollar industry? I will tell you why. Because people are weak, people are soft, and only about 1% of the world has the stones to really strap it on day after day to do what a PL does. So yes my lady, in that sense it IS the be-all and end-all in terms of its purpose.

you are correct, this is your opinion :)

New Threads