ZMA 5 what u think??

Reaction score
What's up guys just gonna post this on my experience with ZMA5... I can say I highly recommend this especially if u can't sleep well. And I also would say don't by knock of ZMA cause its out there like anything else... I recommend you check it out by the creator himself victor conte ( yeah we all know about the athletes he had under his belts they were amazing IMO) at snac.com or if u do order ZMA make sure it's a snac product... Here is some info on it and I say it works 110% for me hey bros it don't hurt to try lol..

ZMA®-5 is the next generation in recovery and sleep enhancement supplementation. This innovative new formula combines ZMA® with the amino acid 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) to create a synergistic and highly potent combination of ingredients. The zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6 contained in ZMA® are all three co-factors in the conversion of 5-HTP to the hormone serotonin, an important neurotransmitter that helps to regulate mood and sleep. A precise amount of folic acid has also been added to ZMA®-5 to further increase the bioavailability and conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin. The normalization of serotonin levels during sleep may help to elevate mood upon waking from a deep and restful sleep.

5-HTP has been shown to significantly increase REM (rapid eye movement) sleep while simultaneously increasing SWS or slow-wave sleep (deep sleep stages 3 and 4) and without increasing the duration of total sleep time.

The benefits of REM sleep have been shown to include cognitive function enhancements such as improved problem solving ability and memory. Adequate SWS and REM sleep are both essential to the various functions of the sleep process.

Magnesium has been found to significantly increase the depth and duration of slow-wave sleep and also without change to total sleep time.

It is extremely important for athletes to get a deep and restful sleep because this is the when healing, tissue repair, anabolic hormone production and muscle growth are maximized.

This novel ZMA®-5 formula provides all of the proven benefits of the precise dosages and ratios of the ingredients contained in ZMA® plus the added synergistic and powerful effects of 5-HTP to help establish the next generation of recovery and sleep enhancement supplementation.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry....I am skeptical.

Reaction score
I respect that Shane.. I'm just saying it works for me shit knocks me out when I take it

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ntbm has a product very similar. need2sleep. its ok, IMO nothing to rave about.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry....I am skeptical.

It actually does work for a lot of people, there's a lot of threads on various forums with positive feedback regarding ZMA, not necessarily this exact forumla/brand but, ZMA in general. I've been able to sleep normally once I started TRT so don't need it but, if I stated having issues with sleep again then I would probably try it. Having said that though I've never found any other OTC med that has helped me sleep and I've tried them all. Even some prescription ones like ambien don't help me. Lunesta was the only one that was effective for me.

Times Roman

Reaction score
I'll stick with what I know....

....melatonin!

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take melatonin (only 1mg) and ZMA every night about an hour before bedtime. I also take 5htp so I guess I am already taking it lol... it does help with sleep and recovery in my opinion. Not dramatic but I take low doses. If I take more ZMA or Melatonin (like 3-5mg) I am very groggy in the morning and I do not have time for groggy!

Respect,
Vette

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man i cant take the 5-htp! Fuck me up and gives me migraines from hell!! I suffer from migraines and this shit when me vessels return to normal jacks me up!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ZMA user here. It does help to take the edge off in my case so I can relax. Also gives me titanium-strength erections throughout the night. You could anchor a barge to my tent pole when I take that stuff.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been taking melatonin as well. Talk about some wacked out vivid dreams!

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
man i use to use zma pm and i would sleep good but i would wake up with the only WOOD:-0

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Melatonin and GH before bed, the dreams are insane.

I've tried ZMA's, but not this ZMA5. I might try it again for better sleep.

Reaction score
ZMA user here. It does help to take the edge off in my case so I can relax. Also gives me titanium-strength erections throughout the night. You could anchor a barge to my tent pole when I take that stuff.

Lol haha nice one bro