Are you addicted to steroids? Science says blame your parents and how they raised you.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
your physically addicted to drinking gear addiction is psychological
Im sure some people are. Im not one of them. I run 160 mg / week year round.

Conversely, any amount of alcohol makes me an instant slave.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
It's all the same shit in my opinion. Anything dopaminergic can be addictive. That being said, you would be shortsighted to ignore the behavior differences in the end users of each substance.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I’m blessed I don’t have an addictive personality. I did coke every single day for close to 10 years. Now I didn’t do it like most. I took a single key bump upon waking up and started my day. One day I just switched to coffee and never did it again.

The sauce is a bit more complicated for me. I can easily never blast again. But my trt makes me a better spouse, and father. I’m just so much more involved. I don’t think I could ever go back to dragging ass and feeling like shit.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I’m blessed I don’t have an addictive personality. I did coke every single day for close to 10 years. Now I didn’t do it like most. I took a single key bump upon waking up and started my day. One day I just switched to coffee and never did it again.

The sauce is a bit more complicated for me. I can easily never blast again. But my trt makes me a better spouse, and father. I’m just so much more involved. I don’t think I could ever go back to dragging ass and feeling like shit.
You're lucky I was cursed with the addictive Gene. If I think I'm going to like something I won't even try it. Coke everyday for 10 years That's expensive! I hated feeling great for 20 to 30 minutes then have to do more. Then you walk into the Disco tec the blacklight shows white specks all down the front your shirt and nose holes. Sorry flash back

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
science is for dummies who want to blame mommy and daddy for their own faults. When are people gonna grow up and face the music, and take accountability for their own lives?
Cool so a factor contributed to an antisocial behavior, all these sentient adults have figured that out, so do something about it lmao. Should I blame my parents for the fact that I want to use steroids? That shit is retarded. Fuck these science idiots for talking shit about my momma. she did the best she could with what she had and ain’t no science bitch is gonna blame her for choices I make as a man. What a crock

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
science is for dummies who want to blame mommy and daddy for their own faults. When are people gonna grow up and face the music, and take accountability for their own lives?
Cool so a factor contributed to an antisocial behavior, all these sentient adults have figured that out, so do something about it lmao. Should I blame my parents for the fact that I want to use steroids? That shit is retarded. Fuck these science idiots for talking shit about my momma. she did the best she could with what she had and ain’t no science bitch is gonna blame her for choices I make as a man. What a crock
My title was a sarcastic joke because the article put great emphasis on parents genetic and social behavior. Can you blame them for wanting to you steroids, maybe? Household the smoke children have a much greater risk of becoming smokers. If your parents use steroids and you knew about it and you idolized your parents yeah there's some accountability that needs to be shared, I agree 1,000% personal accountability is lacking in society. I absolutely blame society for that we have a failed school system we have children raising children, phones raising children, society took away the ability to discipline children at school, schools quit administration disciplining children because of disproportionate race misbehaving and schools were threatened to lose federal funding. We see no accountability when banks and businesses over leverage and have to be bailed out for free. Politicians and law enforcement breaking laws and nothing happens. Governments lose trillions of dollars with zero accountability. High schools refusing to fail students and getting rid of the minimum test scores to pass high school. So by the time a child is 18 they had zero accountability held to them how do you think they're going to keep behaving? I'm not defending them one bit but they probably don't even know what accountability is. Behavior, morals, dialect, hate, are all learned behaviors. Where do we learn those behaviors as children again parents, friends, electronics, peers. Perfect example my neighbor grows weed, smokesweed, Guess who they busted at 12 years old smoking weed? their son.

Reaction score
How can there really be a dependence on steroids? It sounds like they are trying to equate steroid users with people addicted to heroin or other drugs.
with one you became jacked with the other you lose gains

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
with one you became jacked with the other you lose gains
There are functional addicts in every walk of life and no one would ever suspect it.

One of my uncles worked for the post office for over 30 years in Jersey , full blown heroin addict for most of his life , like several members of my family.

Never missed work , raised a family , put kids through school and lived until he was in his late 70s

We talked now and then about it and he told me once , the dope would never kill him , stopping using would.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I get that. But how is the dependence similar?
Anything that causes the release dopamine is addicting. For steroids you look in the mirror you feel good about yourself, you look good, You're lifting good, it feels good. Now you get your dopamine release. What caused you to look good? The simple answer? Steroids. You could have achieved your look naturally but you achieved it faster with steroids. So while there is no chemical addiction mentally you associate steroids with how you looked. Same with smokers after 3 days the chemical is out of your system. But ex smokers, Alot still crave cigarettes for their entire life.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Read it. Complete bullshit.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WE can only blame this on the mid 80's and early 90's when they use to actually make BITCHIN action films! Judgement day still goes hard today lol that movie refused to age with time! Sadly today we get none of those bad ass flicks from the early days :/
Edit: BTW I did not read the study...