Starting Conjugate Training Walkthrough

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Good article from a few days ago by Burley Hawk. Goes over a basic walk through of what Conjugate is , why it works , lifts and execution and why its the best.

Enjoy

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Will this help me run a marathon for the first time?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Will this help me run a marathon for the first time?
In record time !! Clears up acne bacne and kneckne as well !!
Tastes Great , Less filling !!

Add water it makes it's own sauce !!

Call before midnight tonight !!!

Reaction score
Looks good. For the dynamic one, when training with powerlifters multiple years ago, I followed repetitions in a way:

Week I - 65% 7x7
Week II - 75% 5x5
Week III - 85% 3x3

Thinking if I am able to do more repetitions properly (I am still natty, not on gear - no bad connotations, just saying bcs of the nutrition) with 80%, it's still pretty high, but looks that it might work.

Reaction score
just adding that actually the most unclear part for me weren't the main exercises (Squat, DL, BP), but the additional parts afterwards. Never actually found how many I should do when doing just the heavy workout, if to put one, two and off....I just followed my body feeling, but having bit mess in this one.

Reaction score
Good article from a few days ago by Burley Hawk. Goes over a basic walk through of what Conjugate is , why it works , lifts and execution and why its the best.

Enjoy

I've always wondered with the 3 wave style like this, are you supposed to do a deload on week 4 or is it the lower volume you hit when you start back on a new wave enough for recovery?

Also I am curious about the % he lists for DE, you guys like using heavier for those days? I've always seen it listed as 50-60%, but I know sometimes it may be too light, curious on your thoughts Yano!

Reaction score
Hit some JM presses today and made me feel like I could do the power lifts again lol
I love those man. As soon as that tendon in my elbow gets used to them I add more weight and piss it off all over again

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've always wondered with the 3 wave style like this, are you supposed to do a deload on week 4 or is it the lower volume you hit when you start back on a new wave enough for recovery?

Also I am curious about the % he lists for DE, you guys like using heavier for those days? I've always seen it listed as 50-60%, but I know sometimes it may be too light, curious on your thoughts Yano!
I don't really stick to a deload schedule other than my own bodies. If I'm recovering and able to handle the workload I will push as long as I can before I take the deload week.

That's just a personal preference , I don't think there is anything wrong with a planned deload schedule in your blocks certainly can't hurt.

For DE days I've worked them just like Trend gave them to me when he introduced me to Westside.

I will spend time overloading with heavy and strong bands or bands and chains for work at the top of my pull for lock outs that can get silly high percentage wise.

My pr is 545 all plates but if I drop the weight to 455 slap on the strong bands and chains that changes to 715 at the top that's what ... uh .. 130%

For the most part I stick to this below and always have.

Lower
Exercise 1: Box squat with accommodating resistance (bands or chains either one)
Week 1 50% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 2 55% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 3 60% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 6 sets of 2 reps

Some guys like more volume and do 5 x 5 or 8 x 3 for sets/reps.

I like 9x3 for lower 8x2 is good stuff too.

Exercise 2: Deadlifts with accommodating resistance
Week 1 50% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 2 55% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 3 60% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 6 sets of 2 reps

Upper
Exercise 1: Bench (or any pressing exercise) with accommodating resistance
Week 1 50% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 9 sets of 3 reps
Week 2 55% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 9 sets of 3 reps
Week 3 60% 1RM plus 25% accommodating resistance 9 sets of 3 reps.

Just like the squat and deadlift you can use whatever set/rep set up you want

I like 5x5 for upper body more than anything , it's just a fun set/rep scheme for me.