I am 51 and thinking about testosterone therapy....

Reaction score
I am 51 and thinking about testosterone theropy or should i just do few cycles of beginners ..I do feel weaker from few years ago...from age 20 to 39 I hit the the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week ...after marrage and kids ...have stopped gym around age of 41/42....so 10 years no weights...last 12 months just 20 min of treadmill...I have more time now thinking about hitting the gym again...

any advise ..thanks

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I am 51 and thinking about testosterone and hormone theropy or should i just do few cycles of beginners ..I do feel weaker from few years ago...from age 20 to 39 I hit the the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week ...after marrage and kids ...have stopped gym around age of 41/42....so 10 years no weights...last 12 months just 20 min of treadmill...I have more time now thinking about hitting the gym again...

any advise ..thanks
You should get back into a routine for at least a year first, without drugs.

If you feel you need hormone replacement, then go see an endocrinologist and get bloodwork done to see if you need it.

If you just want to use steroids because you want to use steroids, then just go use steroids. You don't need approval or advise from anyone to do this... unless you had very specific questions on what it is you wanted to do.

Reaction score
I am getting my blood work they will test my test levels ..in July I guess that will shine some light on how to preceed...I have used steroids for few months in my early 30s.. ..my specific question is has anyone done the theropy vs just going straight for steroids...how does theropy differ from doing it on my own...I am healthy for my age no major issues ..I guess I don't ask correctly...I wanted to hear some experiences between the both for people my age..me no spring rooster anymore :) .thanks

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I am getting my blood work they will test my test levels ..in July I guess that will shine some light on how to preceed...I have used steroids for few months in my early 30s.. ..my specific question is has anyone done the theropy vs just going straight for steroids...how does theropy differ from doing it on my own...I am healthy for my age no major issues ..I guess I don't ask correctly...I wanted to hear some experiences between the both for people my age..me no spring rooster anymore :) .thanks
The only difference between TRT and a steroid cycle is the dosage, the fact that TRT is run forever (you never come off), and that only testosterone is used.

I take 120mg of test per week for TRT. I started doing my own TRT after I knew what my baseline levels, and after I got dialed in to what the right dosage for me was.

The main difference is that through a doctor you get a prescription, and you can take that with you when traveling. No such luxury when doing self managed TRT and using underground labs testosterone.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I am 51 and thinking about testosterone theropy or should i just do few cycles of beginners .

the doctor prescribed trt also means they will be monitoring your blood work

so all those other steroids will now be off limits

unless you have some cheat code around it

not a recommendation just something to consider when making the choice

Kraken

Reaction score
I started TRT a few years ago in my 50s because my levels were at the very low end of the "normal" range. I use a clinic because I can't find a local doctor to prescribe it. In fact since I have crappy insurance, I wasted a bunch of money visiting doctors about it.

Clinics are expensive. So, I get the test every 2nd or 3rd time from the clinic, other times UGL, and HCG via peptide sites. The clinic still wants labs every 6 months and the doctor is still available whenever I want.

buck

Reaction score
After decades of working out in my early 40's i found my energy, lifts going down but my bodyfat was starting to go up. T levels at the bottom of the range. Started prescribed TRT. TRT keep as person int the normal range. Cycles are above that range. Added cycles in later. I like my script. Insurance covers most everything. Costs me less than $500 a year for gear, tests, copay, syringes etc. The cycles i take care of on my own.

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for all replies...as mentioned I did take steroids in my early 30s, I was already working out heavy...woow what a difference it makes... the power, the energy , I felt mentally more upbeat...idk if that's because of the extra energy or change in chemicals in brain...so for those with low test that started therapy with TRT , what difference do you feel? As far as mood and energy?

Thanks

Reaction score
After decades of working out in my early 40's i found my energy, lifts going down but my bodyfat was starting to go up. T levels at the bottom of the range. Started prescribed TRT. TRT keep as person int the normal range. Cycles are above that range. Added cycles in later. I like my script. Insurance covers most everything. Costs me less than $500 a year for gear, tests, copay, syringes etc. The cycles i take care of on my own.
Who is ur insurance?

Reaction score
I am 51 and thinking about testosterone theropy or should i just do few cycles of beginners ..I do feel weaker from few years ago...from age 20 to 39 I hit the the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week ...after marrage and kids ...have stopped gym around age of 41/42....so 10 years no weights...last 12 months just 20 min of treadmill...I have more time now thinking about hitting the gym again...

any advise ..thanks
It's just a part of aging. Trt goes along way in preventing things that getting older and low t result in.

Imo there isn't much to think about.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I never touched a drug until I started TRT at 35. Lifted non stop since first grade. It was a major advantage.

I ran two 500 mg test cycles later and then decided to just stick to trt. Cycling is awesome. But trt is enough for me.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You and I are around the same age so we are blessed with some perspective.

First, don’t under state the past 12 months. You and I have both seen people who take time off and never come back because they’ve lost what they had. We know that it does come back, but it’s hard and the hardest part is overcoming the inertia of being an object at rest.

Secondly….you and I both know it takes time, patience and perseverance. You have been walking on the treadmill for a year in preparation for getting to a place where you are ready to hit the weights again.

A cycle at this time doesn’t make sense. You will be getting those “newbie” gains that may be complimented by TRT depending on your labs. You’re going to feel phenomenal just by using your muscles in a way you’ve missed.

You aren't going to squat 400lbs on your first leg day; but your first leg day may be your first step towards it.

Enjoy the journey. You don’t need a cycle and the piss poor blood work that will come with it to have a hellava ride.

New Threads