Log Entry 18-08-2023
Bodyweight: 184 lbs (83.7 KG)
Caloric Intake: 2027.4
Protein Intake: 209.8g
Carbs Intake: 128.4g
Fat Intake: 67.6g
Steps: 5491

Greyskull LP
Completed the last round of Greyskull for this week (18-08-2023)

OHP: 93 lbs (42.5kg) 3x5 Completed.
AMRAP: 5.
Notes: A lot easier than last time.

Rack Chins: 5x5 Completed.
AMRAP: 3.
Notes: Doing rackchins as recommended until I can do full chin ups. Doing them as controlled as I can, not in a pump-style fashion. They are difficult but doable.

Squats: 148 lbs (67.5kg) 3x5 Completed.
Notes: Working sets went smooth, AMRAP was tough. But completed nonetheless. Can probably go up to 154lbs/70kg next time without issue.

Barbell Row Analysis - I tried attaching the video as a GIF but the file is too large, so I uploaded it here:

As mentioned was looking for a review of my form. I just did 110 lbs (50kg) x5 for demonstration purposes. I didn't want to do the rows in this rack, but the other platforms were taken. Upon re-watching the video, I think that I'm not "bent over" enough, as per indicated in the name of the exercise. I shall await your judgement.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Barbell Row Analysis - I tried attaching the video as a GIF but the file is too large, so I uploaded it here:

As mentioned was looking for a review of my form. I just did 110 lbs (50kg) x5 for demonstration purposes. I didn't want to do the rows in this rack, but the other platforms were taken. Upon re-watching the video, I think that I'm not "bent over" enough, as per indicated in the name of the exercise. I shall await your judgement.
@Test_subject

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Log Entry 18-08-2023
Caloric Intake: 2027.4
Protein Intake: 209.8g
Carbs Intake: 128.4g
Fat Intake: 67.6g
Steps: 5491

Greyskull LP
Completed the last round of Greyskull for this week (18-08-2023)

OHP: 93 lbs (42.5kg) 3x5 Completed.
Notes: A lot easier than last time.

Rack Chins: 5x5 Completed.
Notes: Doing rackchins as recommended until I can do full chin ups. Doing them as controlled as I can, not in a pump-style fashion. They are difficult but doable.

Squats: 148 lbs (67.5kg) 3x5 Completed.
Notes: Working sets went smooth, AMRAP was tough. But completed nonetheless. Can probably go up to 154lbs/70kg next time without issue.

Your knees are fairly bent, so I don’t think that’s your issue with feeling them in your hamstrings. I think you just need to strengthen your hammies in general.

A couple form tips, although I’ve seen way worse:

- You’re “chicken pecking” near the top of your reps (moving your head down while you raise the bar up). Once you get to some heavier weights, that will create an injury risk.

- try to row more toward your belly button rather than in a straight vertical line. You’ll find it more comfortable and it will engage your back better.

- Keep your scapula retracted as you do the reps. Your shoulders are slouching forward a bit which can cause undue lower back stress.

Reaction score
Your knees are fairly bent, so I don’t think that’s your issue with feeling them in your hamstrings. I think you just need to strengthen your hammies in general.

A couple form tips, although I’ve seen way worse:

- You’re “chicken pecking” near the top of your reps (moving your head down while you raise the bar up). Once you get to some heavier weights, that will create an injury risk.

- try to row more toward your belly button rather than in a straight vertical line. You’ll find it more comfortable and it will engage your back better.

- Keep your scapula retracted as you do the reps. Your shoulders are slouching forward a bit which can cause undue lower back stress.
Thanks, I can record another video next week with the recommended adjustments to see if I'm applying them properly.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Looks like the pulling to the belly button would be the first fix as stated above.

Reaction score
Log Entry 21-08-2023
Caloric Intake: 2117.4
Protein Intake: 203.4g
Carbs Intake: 148.4g
Fat Intake: 77.6g
Steps: 7312

Greyskull LP

Bench Press: 154 lbs (70kg) 3x5 Completed.
Notes: Easy for some reason.

Barbell Row: 121 lbs (55kg) 3x5 Completed.
AMRAP: 4.
Notes: I forgot to record a video. I am working to correct my form after last time and stop moving my neck and row the bar towards my belly button rather than in a fixed vertical path.

Squat: 154 lbs (70kg) 3x5 Completed.
Notes: Tough but doable.

I'm not sure if it's normal that my bench and squat numbers are the same, maybe it's just because I'm a beginner. The squat feels more arduous than the bench despite the weight being the same.

Reaction score
not sure if it's normal that my bench and squat numbers are the same, maybe it's just because I'm a beginner. The squat feels more arduous than the bench despite the weight being the same.
That's normal. Even if it wasn't, it is what it is 😉. This will change as you progress. The squat feels more arduous because it's using almost every muscle in your body to stabilize your body and to fight spinal loading, and the largest muscles in your body are working hard to move the weight. Bench has less spinal loading and your legs/glutes are not the main movers; smaller muscles are. You should be pushing with your legs when you bench though.

This is a very helpful video:

Reaction score
That's normal. Even if it wasn't, it is what it is 😉. This will change as you progress. The squat feels more arduous because it's using almost every muscle in your body to stabilize your body and to fight spinal loading, and the largest muscles in your body are working hard to move the weight. Bench has less spinal loading and your legs/glutes are not the main movers; smaller muscles are. You should be pushing with your legs when you bench though.

This is a very helpful video:

Thanks for the encouragement.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
My comments below are for the OP. I know you specifically don't need input on how to do rows 😂.

This might not work for everyone, but with bent over rows I like the bar path to follow the angle of my thighs. For me, it really engages my back hard and it forces me to pull towards the stomach no matter what.

If I'm doing chest supported dumbbell rows, or seal rows, then I focus on keeping my arms semi close to the body and imagine driving my elbows backwards and towards my hips. It feels more like an arc than a straight line.