Is this an okay 3 day full body workout routine

Reader591

Reaction score
@turkey_sandwich just one set for each exercise? I feel like I won’t hit failure with just one set? Do I need to lift heavier? Or???
One day, yes, this will be effective if you continue to lift. But for now, may not be a great idea for you. Just wanted to second what everyone has said.

DAY 1

• 3×5+ Overhead Press / Bench Press (alternating)
  • 3×5+ Chinups / Barbell Rows (alternating)
  • 3×5+ Squats

DAY 2

• 3x5+ Chinups / Barbell Rows (alternating)
  • 1×5+ Deadlifts

DAY 3

• 3x5+ Chinups / Barbell Rows (alternating)
  • 3×5+ Squats

SO THIS?????
You’d be shocked how far something basic like this will take you. It will also teach you how to push yourself in time, by having something consistent to measure your progress by, instead of a long list of exercises in random order and intensity.

RobertSteinbeck

Askhole
Reaction score
That's a lot of exercises.
Damn that's a lot of work for one day. I'm not sure how you can push it even half way through that but you do have youth on your side.
I’m not that strong tbh, and some of the exercises I’d hit only 8 reps instead of 10. >.>
I think cause my intensity was adjusted so it wouldn’t be as challenging.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I’m not that strong tbh, and some of the exercises I’d hit only 8 reps instead of 10. >.>
Don’t adjust your intensity to suit the volume. Adjust the volume so that it allows you to train fucking hard and still recover

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's my approach to getting bigger and lifting more, and yes, it applies to both.

Your muscles are like a stick of dynamite; you can tap on it all you want but nothing is going to happen until you hit it hard.

New Threads