Hey everyone

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New member here, 18yo M, been a hockey player most of my life, have weight trained for just about a year now. I've done a push/pull/legs split pretty much since I started training, considering switching it up to a Dorian Yates Split or a Bro Split - not sure yet. Currently I'm sitting at 6'0" at about 15-20% bf and about 203lbs in the morning and abt 207lbs before going to bed. My maxes are 245 for bench, 315 for squat and 345 for deadlift.

I feel like I have a good base of training knowledge but my knowledge when it comes to diet might be a little lackluster (I know the basics like get your protein, calories in - calories out, but not much else). Outside of training I love watching moreplatesmoredates and other fitness youtubers and follow the NHL pretty closely. Excited to see what happens these playoffs.

Looking forward to meeting you all and happy to be here

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG Rogue.

We have a great group of guys and ladies here to help and support each other. Glad you decided to join!!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You’re doing outstanding for a beginner. Don’t take offense at the term. I’ve been at this for a couple decades and and not advanced myself yet.

Humility and desire to listen, learn and progress will get you loads of support here and will take you far. Ask questions.

welcome!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Proper intro & respect for the progress ye made so far at such an early age. Ye'll learn a lot here.

Welcome.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Welcome brother! Those are very good numbers for being 18... and you have so many years of lifting ahead of you, I can only imagine how strong you can be!

I also enjoy watching MPMD. Moreso his older content, but I do find his current videos entertaining... even if half the video is of him repeating himself. Smart and funny dude!

Reaction score
Welcome.. there is a lot of knowledge to gain. Just ask the question. There is no stupid one. (Well sometimes they are.). There are a lot of guys willing to help young bucks.

Crom

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New member here, 18yo M, been a hockey player most of my life, have weight trained for just about a year now. I've done a push/pull/legs split pretty much since I started training, considering switching it up to a Dorian Yates Split or a Bro Split - not sure yet. Currently I'm sitting at 6'0" at about 15-20% bf and about 203lbs in the morning and abt 207lbs before going to bed. My maxes are 245 for bench, 315 for squat and 345 for deadlift.

I feel like I have a good base of training knowledge but my knowledge when it comes to diet might be a little lackluster (I know the basics like get your protein, calories in - calories out, but not much else). Outside of training I love watching moreplatesmoredates and other fitness youtubers and follow the NHL pretty closely. Excited to see what happens these playoffs.

Nationrogue welcome to the UG! There are plenty of people and resources around here to help get you dialed in.

I'm also a huge Hockey fan. Was born and raised in Jersey, currently living in Florida since the 90's. Wife and I are Tampa fans. I still have love for the Flyers despite their shitty season. Let me know your predictions. Florida is looking real good as is Toronto. Last nights game in south Fl was a good one.

Reaction score
More Plates more dates is entertaining I watch him and Greg Douchette sometimes there are some other more serious podcasters but those guys are funny and informative

Laser50216

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

https://startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
You are young and if you eat enough calories and keep adding weight to the bar you can keep your novice phase going for a significant amount of time, most likely for years. You will get massively strong using this training methodology. I strongly suggest getting the book starting strength and the book practical programming for starting strength both of which as of now are in the 3rd edition. Cheers and best if success

New Threads