Coming off a long blast to TRT advice

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hello

Ive been on a blast and cruise since about March 2018 until now. As of the last 5 months ive been rotating compounds on a blast.

When I say blast and cruise, ive never cruised below 400mg of test and its usually only 4 weeks at a time max.

Ive met an amazing girlfriend and starting to think a bit more long term about my health and future. Im 20 years old, 6ft2, 230 pounds. I want to come off all gear and onto a TRT of 200mg a week.
The reason I don't want to stop everything cold turkey is because im psychologically not ready to go through the PCT process which will take me atleast a year of misery. Ive been using since I was 17. Did 2 cycles then on my 3rd I decided to B&C for the foreseeable future. At the time I didnt care about my health and fertility I was just tunnel vision on making gains and didnt listen to anyone unfortunately.

I just wanted some advice from any tje older guys here. Firstly in the short term what tips can I take to maintain as much gains as possible. Usually when Im only on Testosterone alone even at 4/600mg I struggle to maintain strength. I probably do also overtrain until recently and Ive started make great gains by throwing in a extra rest day and keeping workouts to 45 mins 15 sets max. Ive never ran 200mg a week and dont know what to expect. I certainly wont be able
to get stronger than what I am on a blast but if i could maintain strength I would be very happy

Secondly, has anyone advice for getting off everything and doing my PCT, I feel stuck between a rock and hard place because the only reason I want to come off is to protect my fertility and be able to have kids but I wont want that until my late 20s. Yet if I wait that long on a B&C il probably do alot more damage to my fertility

Thanks for reading,
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Well young man there’s good news and bad news. I can only speculate so what ever I tell you may or may not be spot on. The fact that you started blasting and cruising at such a young age can almost guarantee you’ll need trt the rest of your life. Very slight, slight chance with pct but like you said the recovery would take a long time and you would feel like shit during this period and the relationship with your new girl would probably fail.(due to the low T, dick not working, and possibly a bit of depression etc.)

A self medicated trt dose of 200mg a week is a shot in the dark. You need blood work. You have no idea what your body will put out on it’s own. And you don’t know how much it needs to be in normal range. You could go to a clinic, or a doctor and be open about your steroid use dk how the dr will take it some are cool some aren’t. It’s best you go about it the right way.

On a good note. You’re 6’2”, 230. That’s attainable completely natural unless you’re like 5% bf. If you give a shit about yourself get your blood work done and go about it the right way instead of some random 200mgs/week. Learn how to diet and train because you never needed any drugs to get where you’re at now, no excuses be diligent.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That's a really long time.....good news you're very young,,bad news ,,no guess whether you can go back to normal levels without major help...1-solid PCT (maybe prolonged)2- bloodwork...............3-Prayers............4-if not desired results,,,then Dr.s...You should keep us informed to show what happens,,,,so guys thinking this is an option instead of PCT...

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Well young man there’s good news and bad news. I can only speculate so what ever I tell you may or may not be spot on. The fact that you started blasting and cruising at such a young age can almost guarantee you’ll need trt the rest of your life. Very slight, slight chance with pct but like you said the recovery would take a long time and you would feel like shit during this period and the relationship with your new girl would probably fail.(due to the low T, dick not working, and possibly a bit of depression etc.)

A self medicated trt dose of 200mg a week is a shot in the dark. You need blood work. You have no idea what your body will put out on it’s own. And you don’t know how much it needs to be in normal range. You could go to a clinic, or a doctor and be open about your steroid use dk how the dr will take it some are cool some aren’t. It’s best you go about it the right way.

On a good note. You’re 6’2”, 230. That’s attainable completely natural unless you’re like 5% bf. If you give a shit about yourself get your blood work done and go about it the right way instead of some random 200mgs/week. Learn how to diet and train because you never needed any drugs to get where you’re at now, no excuses be diligent.

Firstly thanks for the info guys.

@ Uncle manny, do you think If I was todo an extensive PCT within the year 2020, for a duration of 1 year minimum, longer if needed. That I would be able to bring my fertility up enough to produce a child? Or in your opinion, is it a dead duck?

EDIT, I do get bloodwork 2 or 3 times a year. Il wait a month or so on 200mg a week of Test then get a new panel to see where Im at

Last edited:

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Like mentioned above, a good Urologist may be resourceful. Also there are extensive pct/ restart protocols you could give a try. I’m not familiar off the top of my head but i remember coming across 2 different ones that have had success on people who were on longer than you but not necessarily as young as you. Definitely do some research and look into them as they might get you going again if that’s the route you choose.

Last edited:

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
There are extensive pct/ restart protocols you could give a try. I’m not familiar off the top of my head but i remember coming across 2 different ones that have had success on people who were on longer than you but not necessarily as young as you. Definitely do some research and look into them as they might get you going again if that’s the route you choose.

Thanks man!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Good for you for looking out for yourself and your future. You could PCT and see how it goes as Uncle Manny said and get blood work at the appropriate time. Staying on any exogenous testosterone will not help in the baby making but there has been more then one guy hit pay-dirt even on cycle.

It's good to see you wanting to stack the odds in your favor but don't forget, you're only half of the conception equation. And truthfully you're the easier half.

Reaction score
Man that is a long time. I agree that you should see what you body can do on it's own but.....I would ask myself if this is for you or the new girl. I can say now at 47yo that I met quite a few of amazing 20 to 30 yo's that turned out to be not so much. Also realize that sometimes we can't have it all. I was off and on TRT for years before I married at 40yo and had my first kid at 43. Yes I got off TRT then. Yes I felt like shit but having a son was worth more than anything to me. I did not take nearly the compounds you have taken and not nearly the time you have taken them but ....... Dave Palumbo has a protocol he swears by. Check out Dave Palumbo's Pregnancy protocol. Real Doctor weigh in on it.

New Threads