Deer + Test= Super Buck

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
So Im sitting in a tree stand, my dad said that its really expensive to get a European mount. So I looked up what chemical reaction caused the Antler to come off the skull. Thinking maybe theres something easy to dissolve the bonding material.

But then I come to find out testosterone is the main controller of antler growth cycle. Heres a rundown
  1. An increase in testosterone triggers the Antlers to begin to form.
  2. When testosterone peaks the Antlers are growing the fastest
  3. A drop in testosterone causes the velvet to die and get scrap off. *This is when the antlers stop growing
  4. A final testosterone drop triggers cells to breakaway at the bond between the skull and antler. This causes the antler to fall off.

Heres the What If...
What if you keep the buck at peak testosterone levels through Testosterone Replacement Therapy. This would in theory make the antlers grow indefinitely, as long as its administered test.

This could then be implemented on a commercial reserve, for profit. People would come to hunt these 30 point buck.

The Problem...
I dont know enough to determine if this would work on another animal. Ive only read about human biology, not deer. So is this a possibility or am I being a dumby.

Reaction score
I'm sure there are some high fence places doing this already if it works. Some of the crazy shit I have seen, pics from these genetic mutant deer farms...they probably put orals in the deer corn/protein supps.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Ya I have seen pictures of deer and elk that there is no way they are natural!

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
This guy was natty, Greg Doucette said so...

avgKcTd.jpg

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
This guy was natty, Greg Doucette said so...

avgKcTd.jpg
Thats some crazy shit BSP! We have a hunting unit in my state that produces the highest rate of non-typical mule deer bucks in the state, if not the whole Northwest, JackD is right about the test, and also igf release that fuel growth of the rack. The biologist's with the agency I work for have studied the hunting unit I mentioned and have acknowledged that besides injuries to the animals skull (fighting), minerals play a part in growth and this area happens to contain the largest phosphate patch in the country. The theory (so far) is the high level of phosphates can cause the abnormalities in the rack. There are some of the craziest atypical racks I swear you have ever seen. I'll see if I can find some pics when I get back to work next week.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
In fact, I wonder where the rack shown came from? do you know BSP?

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Spiking the corn with some dbol and tranq guns with test?

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I have friends who have hunted some of those high fence places for deer, say it is jaw dropping on antler growth and development.
Another POV on those high fenced hunts have over free range deer is lack of stress and predators. In my State our deer deal with wolves, lion, both grizzlies and black bears, let alone all the hunters...

Superior genetics, food quality and quantity and no stress. Like a world made for the pro bodybuilders.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy how that all works Tinymk. It’s crazy to think that one of the most famous ranches in the US if not the world, the King Ranch, has absolutely zero high fenced areas and only natural vegetation. I was blessed to hunt a neighboring ranch, The Kennedy, which was 20,000 acres and that was quite the experience

Gabriel

Reaction score
I once went to a Wolf refuge..That Alpha reaped of Testosterone..Not to mention his stare..

New Threads