Okey for AAS?

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So this will be based on no other stats besides weight and bf%. We will say both people are 5 foot 9inches.

Subject 1. 170lbs 9%bf

Subject 2. 180lbs 18%bf

Now with both of these subject wich one of these would you allow to use AAS?
I ask this because i see it time and time again people say one of these would be okey and the other not. Just a lil debate topic and i would like to hear everyones opinion on..

P

Phatbastard

your comparing apples to oranges with that question. But to say one is acceptable and one isnt is silly. The 180lber has experience the 170 guy dosent! who can be less BF post cycle. There is just to many veriable to blanket statement like this

Reaction score
I think depends on the goal, experience training and some other factors.People should not be judge on base of that. In a case that the guy is 5'9" and is under this weight and just start trainig thats a diffrent story..My opinion

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
from what you gave info wise id say #1. that individual is pretty lean and ready for mass/size..IMO

the other needs to drop some BF first.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The assumption that the 9%er has his diet in check is bullshit. He could be an ectomorph.

The question just doesn't make sense. There is so much to go into when someone is ready. Age, maturity play a role. Also why would anyone penalize the 18%er... Maybe he's a PL and couldn't give a shit about bodyfat?

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The reason i post this is that i find many people base there first outlook on person weight and bf%. And when i asked this question i said "no other stats." please keep this in mind. Which i do realize guys is a big deal. And as you see there are already many diffrent opinions on this. I just want to put this out there with all that was said. The math states that subject 1 has more muscle mass than subject 2 by almost 7 lbs. So why would subject 2 be more ready than subject 1?

P

Phatbastard

well I will give you a thought to confuse you even more! what is #2 actually has previous experience and has gone threw an injury and just became lazy during that period?

POB cover the question as it is the best! There is not enough information given about the two to make a realistc observation. But to Say one is more ready than the other based only upon that information is ludacris IMO

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So from what you guys are saying that was a invalid question so i will refraise that question.

So both of these guys are 27 yrs old, training 8yrs, and knows there way around aas.

Subject 1. 170lbs 9%bf

Subject 2. 180lbs 18%bf

I ask this because i see it time and time again people say one of these would be okey and the other not. Just a lil debate topic and i would like to hear everyones opinion on..

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So from what you guys are saying that was a invalid question so i will refraise that question.

So both of these guys are 27 yrs old, training 8yrs, and knows there way around aas.

Subject 1. 170lbs 9%bf

Subject 2. 180lbs 18%bf

I'm closer to saying yes. Only reason I am still witholding, other than to bust your balls a lil :p is because maturity levels come in to play. I get a sense of that by their behavior on the board and our interactions. If it were given that I found their maturity level satisfactory, then I would say they should both put together their cycle plans for review.

G

Georgia

Too many variables. Like height, age, etc.

I would just throw them both on a Test only cycle if they're going to do it anyway.

A 5'7 guy at 170 pounds and that low of a body fat percentage. You know he has muscle on him with his diet in check.

Compared to a 6'3 guy at 180 pounds. He's considered skinny with a little fat on him.

Guy #2 would not be a good candidate for a cycle.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Too many variables. Like height, age, etc.

I would just throw them both on a Test only cycle if they're going to do it anyway.

A 5'7 guy at 170 pounds and that low of a body fat percentage. You know he has muscle on him with his diet in check.

Compared to a 6'3 guy at 180 pounds. He's considered skinny with a little fat on him.

Guy #2 would not be a good candidate for a cycle.

Can you expand your thoughts on #2?

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I look at it this way. a guy at 170lbs and 9% is ready for gear with 8 yrs training. You can say at 170 you just need to eat more. that's bs. there are true hardgainers out there. I'm one of them. I eat alomost 6000 calories everday. (I don't miss a meal) and i can go from 180 down to 173 in a week on the same diet. Now sub. 2 is at 18% bf. That tells me he is not ready for aas. He is ready for his diet to be changed. Why in the world would you run aas at 18%? You can look 15lbs bigger just by losing a bunch of bf. Subject 1 is ready going off the info we have subject 2 needs to stay out of mc donalds.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd say neither unless the first has been training for awhile. 170-180 is light even at 5' 9" unless your 6% going into a show. Just my opinion though but there's alot of different factors. I'd never tell anybody to do this or do that unless they gave all thier stats (age, height, weight, bf, training experience, cycle experience)

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd say neither unless the first has been training for awhile. 170-180 is light even at 5' 9" unless your 6% going into a show. Just my opinion though but there's alot of different factors. I'd never tell anybody to do this or do that unless they gave all thier stats (age, height, weight, bf, training experience, cycle experience)

This^

Neither are ready, they're both light and could make more natural gains at that height. #2 sounds terrible, number 1 needs to learn to eat.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I look at it this way. a guy at 170lbs and 9% is ready for gear with 8 yrs training. You can say at 170 you just need to eat more. that's bs. there are true hardgainers out there. I'm one of them. I eat alomost 6000 calories everday. (I don't miss a meal) and i can go from 180 down to 173 in a week on the same diet. Now sub. 2 is at 18% bf. That tells me he is not ready for aas. He is ready for his diet to be changed. Why in the world would you run aas at 18%? You can look 15lbs bigger just by losing a bunch of bf. Subject 1 is ready going off the info we have subject 2 needs to stay out of mc donalds.
I'm in total agreement with this.

Josh30013

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We obviously all can come to the conclusion on this, everyone has there own opinion and there is no set "fact" to use AAS.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We obviously all can come to the conclusion on this, everyone has there own opinion and there is no set "fact" to use AAS.
I agree Josh,my BF is around 22-24% and i cycle and gain muscle,but i know my diet needs tweaking,but ive reached my natural potential at my age

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
but youre also like 285lbs you monster!

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and your not 27yrs old.

New Threads