Chest

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Soooooo....I just figured I'd share this.....my chest....especially my upper chest has never looked so good!!!!!!! I have been doing incline reverse grip bench press. Not only is it blowing my fucking upper chest up....its increasing my bench.

Try it!!!!!! It can be done safely....I do it at home..alone....Im not saying no thumbs either!

Try it and let me know in 4-6weeks....shit will be amazing.......I promise!

JM750

Reaction score
I am going to throw this into my routine. I dont do a lot of flat bench cause of a bad shoulder, so this will be nice to switch up to for a while.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Chest is most deffinately my weakness, goin to try it out

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I find it awkward initially lifting the bar of the bench. But you're right, a study measuring muscle contractions showed that using a reverse grip 'stresses' the chest muscles more.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bros my buddy taught me this.

Get on an incline bench grab some dumbells and position yourself as if you where going to do seated curls. Only difference is you keep your arms relatively straight and you bring the dumbells up palms facing the ceiling using you upper chest and shoulder.
Keep the tension on the chest.

Great way to switch up your upper chest workouts.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BTW....when doing this, the movement is much lower than ...say....flat bench. Bring the bar down to about the top of your abs/very bottom of your pecs. I press up to the same spot as normal bench though.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. My wrist has been bothering me for months (bending backwards) and this might help. Did you start with your normal weight or something lighter?

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. My wrist has been bothering me for months (bending backwards) and this might help. Did you start with your normal weight or something lighter?

No...go with something a lot lighter when first trying it. It can be awkward getting it up at first, I'm used to it now but about 40 lbs diff from flat bench max. I press it up against the bench and then pivot out.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No...go with something a lot lighter when first trying it. It can be awkward getting it up at first, I'm used to it now but about 40 lbs diff from flat bench max. I press it up against the bench and then pivot out.
*press it up until my arms are straight and then pivot out*.....

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BTW....when doing this, the movement is much lower than ...say....flat bench. Bring the bar down to about the top of your abs/very bottom of your pecs. I press up to the same spot as normal bench though.

Its funny that when I do.. say... flat bench, that is exactly where I bring the bar.

This movement scares the shit out of me. I can just see the bar coming right at my face. It is effective though. I've done it with just 135 before. Wasn't worth it to me as I never had problems developing my upper pec. Bottom, now that is a problem for me.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol....youre such a prick!....do you really bring the bar down to your abs on flat bench?......weird.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol....youre such a prick!....do you really bring the bar down to your upper blubber of gut on flat bench?......weird.

Wait.....wtf am I saying....if you are a PL...the motion goes to your upper blubber of gut.

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, a suicide grip with no spotter?? you da man bro!

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sounds like a nice change up though!! 30 years and never heard of the move!

Reaction score
Been meaning to try this for awhile, think ill give it a go this Friday thanks for the reminder.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Soooooo....I just figured I'd share this.....my chest....especially my upper chest has never looked so good!!!!!!! I have been doing incline reverse grip bench press. Not only is it blowing my fucking upper chest up....its increasing my bench.

Try it!!!!!! It can be done safely....I do it at home..alone....Im not saying no thumbs either!

Try it and let me know in 4-6weeks....shit will be amazing.......I promise!

Chest today - gonna try this out.

Cheers!