Caffeine & Sugar

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I hadnt had any caffeine since back in July. Yesterday at the burger joint they had no root beer so I figured I will just have the cola.

Big mistake, that shit kept me up all fukin night and my hands are shaking this morning.

I suggest you all try going off the caffeine for a couple months and then seeing how great you can sleep without it.

You may think caffeine is no big deal and only last a couple hours but it actually fuks up your sleep at night.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Just limit caffeine to the morning and you will be fine.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Just limit caffeine to the morning and you will be fine.

Same here. as long as it's not a whole pot though. that will have you pissing all night long . lol.

Reaction score
I guess I'm just weird, cause I like that jittery feeling.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Yep, I make sure I don't take in any caffeine after 5pm unless I'm going out for the evening, otherwise I'm up all night.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
eventually you build a tolerance you haven't had in so long so I guess it jacked you up. There was a point I fcked up my adrenals not taking time off pre work outs, I could drink a cup of coffee and pass out 45 min later..

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
the only caffeine I get daily is in my pwo drink at 430am. if I take in too much sugar I do get jittery. since starting my diet I gave up all sweets and soft drinks first. that alone helped me lose lots of weight. I tried to drink a pwo drink at 7 pm and lift at 8pm because I had a morning appointment and missed the gym, huge mistake! up all friggin night!

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
If i REALLY REALLY try i can stay off the coffee for four maybe five hours at max....

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
If i REALLY REALLY try i can stay off the coffee for four maybe five hours at max....
weird thing for me is, until 2 weeks ago, and im 42 years old now, I never even tasted coffee! my wife had me try a cup and it was ok. that 1 cup though, was my last since. most say im weird.. I guess I am maybe.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Strip away another thing I enjoy! Don't drink, don't smoke, what can you do?

Onrek

Reaction score
I've been through pretty much all the stages of caffeine addiction etc. I've been on long breaks too, and after trying it again after a long break it's like doing a few lines of coke.

I've noticed that as silly as it sounds, caff works great when you cycle it and don't use it daily. You won't get that woooo cocaine rush every time, but it'll be a lot more effective (especially for lifting) when you cycle it in some way.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A hot coffee and a couple newports are night relaxes me

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
weird thing for me is, until 2 weeks ago, and im 42 years old now, I never even tasted coffee! my wife had me try a cup and it was ok. that 1 cup though, was my last since. most say im weird.. I guess I am maybe.

That is weird!

Been drinking coffee since i was 7 thanks to my grandparents. I have not drank pop (or soda for you non Chicago folk) in 11 years (im 29), never smoked, coffee really is my vice. I love me some black coffee.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is weird!

Been drinking coffee since i was 7 thanks to my grandparents. I have not drank pop (or soda for you non Chicago folk) in 11 years (im 29), never smoked, coffee really is my vice. I love me some black coffee.

I think you will be fine....could be crack........:)