Ketosis diet

Reaction score
Does a keto diet burn more fat than a regular calorie restricted diet? Just wondering if it does I have been at a plateau with weight loss. Anyone have some experience with keto

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If calories are kept equal, then no - it doesn't burn more fat than a regular diet.

Bigmike

Reaction score
If only fad diets, pills or exercise machines worked, I would be Arnold Schwarzenegger reborn

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
calorie deficit= fat loss on either diet

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like the Bros said: Calories In < Calories Out = Fat Loss.

Some people are predisposed to better digesting carbohydrates as opposed to fats (think 'insulin sensitivity') and for them a classic 40/40/20 diet is a good place to start in terms of macronutrient breakdown. Others get lethargic from eating carbs, and increasing your fat intake / decreasing your carbs is a sensible approach.

I personally like to time my carb intake around my training (maximal carb intake pre, intra and post workout), however caloric deficit will determine if you're gaining or cutting.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I don't know the science behind it, but Keto works very well for me. It could be just that the limited food choices and satiety of a high fat zero carb diet automatically restricts my calories.
But at the end of the day, it works. The best diet IMO is the one you can stick to without cheating. And bacon and eggs every day is a hell of a diet.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think OP was asking if in an identical caloric deficit, would keto (lets use 75/20/5) lead to more fat loss than, say, a 40/40/20 macro split.

Reaction score
That's right savage. I guess I wanted opinons on what works better for getting rid of that last bit of belly fat. What about carb cycling?

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
For me, carb cycling, mixed with fasted cardio, does the trick

Reaction score
I think OP was asking if in an identical caloric deficit, would keto (lets use 75/20/5) lead to more fat loss than, say, a 40/40/20 macro split.

Gotcha. Yeah idk I think diet is like anything else, constantly gotta adjust it and tweak it as you go to see results ..or add some more cardio etc no harm in giving it a try to see how u respond Chevy

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try it man, no one knows how your body is going to react to a certain diet. I can't do keto, it flattens me out, so I carb cycle when I diet. Which is rarely ever.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's right savage. I guess I wanted opinons on what works better for getting rid of that last bit of belly fat. What about carb cycling?

No diet works better than another for dropping fat. However one may be better suited for you. Experiment, but give it time.

Find you tdee and subtract cals.