2017 mud nationals!!!!

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Less then 3 months away and I am so fukin pumped. Taking my 2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 cc's. Gonna tear shit up. Party my ass off and do some camping. Here's a video of the pit. It's a giant party in the middle of the woods every night.

https://vimeo.com/63192610?ref=fb-share

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Hundreds of rednecks getting hammered and playing in the mud. Actually looks like a good time!!!! Have fun sil

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Get the fun in now Sil for it will soon be over. My ATV that use to fly 50 m.p.h. through a farm field and climb up 30° rocky slopes has been relegated to plowing the driveway. The closest my quad gets to feeling like a man is when I use it to drag out a deer because I'm too old to do so.

Sad.... just sad.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Looks like alot of fun, wish they had stuff like that closer. They do something like that in minnesota, but i guess last yr at the mud nationals there were so many atvs and utvs the road to get anywhere around the site was gridlocked for hours, everybody stuck where they were.

Buddy and I get off on making our own trails, virgin land, point quads in a direction and deal with anything that gets in front of us. Not alot of miles get logged in an afternoon, but a whole lotta work winching lol. Best thing i did was mount a rear winch, it hinestly gets used about 80% more than my front winch for both work and play.

Got a shed full of polaris atvs, bought this XP new in 2014 and its the last polaris atv ill buy, straight junk built. Buddy bought his new 700 grizzly a week prior which forced me to upgrade, his has been dead reliable

Rear winch mount i made

Winter work mode with rear plow set up i designed and built

Rear sway bar quick disconnect i made to get more flex for really bad terrain

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Looks like lots fun! Be sure to post up some videos afterwards!
I got in trouble last time for coming home with videos with my fiance but I'll see what I can do.
Hundreds of rednecks getting hammered and playing in the mud. Actually looks like a good time!!!! Have fun sil
Thousands of rednecks ecks, and it's a blast. I had more fun at mud Nats then I did in vegas.
Looks like alot of fun, wish they had stuff like that closer. They do something like that in minnesota, but i guess last yr at the mud nationals there were so many atvs and utvs the road to get anywhere around the site was gridlocked for hours, everybody stuck where they were.

Buddy and I get off on making our own trails, virgin land, point quads in a direction and deal with anything that gets in front of us. Not alot of miles get logged in an afternoon, but a whole lotta work winching lol. Best thing i did was mount a rear winch, it hinestly gets used about 80% more than my front winch for both work and play.

Got a shed full of polaris atvs, bought this XP new in 2014 and its the last polaris atv ill buy, straight junk built. Buddy bought his new 700 grizzly a week prior which forced me to upgrade, his has been dead reliable

Rear winch mount i made

Winter work mode with rear plow set up i designed and built

Rear sway bar quick disconnect i made to get more flex for really bad terrain

Dude my Yama has never let me down yet. It's super durable.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Get the fun in now Sil for it will soon be over. My ATV that use to fly 50 m.p.h. through a farm field and climb up 30° rocky slopes has been relegated to plowing the driveway. The closest my quad gets to feeling like a man is when I use it to drag out a deer because I'm too old to do so.

Sad.... just sad.
Haha snake the fun just starting she agreed to go with me to the 2018 one. She's not going to this on because she's saving vacation for the honeymoon.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I bought a brand new Polaris scrambler the day I got hired at my job I'm at now. Loved that thing. Miss it.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I got in trouble last time for coming home with videos with my fiance but I'll see what I can do.

Thousands of rednecks ecks, and it's a blast. I had more fun at mud Nats then I did in vegas.

Dude my Yama has never let me down yet. It's super durable.

I think since w have 4 quads already, in a few yrs a sxs will be our next investment so wife and i can do trips to moab, colorado, west virginia with our friends. Wife just wasnt born with any natural ability or sense for these toys and she scares me everytime we do a family ride...at places buddy and i scout first (ohv park wise) to make sure theyre kid and untalented wife friendly lol. And i still get stuck walking up and down hills bringing up their atvs since theyre too nervious, which im fine with vs a possible life altering injury or death, but we're talking some seriously rookie stuff lol.

Buddy with the grizz and i keep eyeballing the new yxz 1000 since we want to get into hare scrambles with our future sxs's, but until yami comes out with a more trail sized version, ill go with an RZR since aftermarket is thick, and the 54" is perfect for around here. That YZX is so huge, jeep huge, all we could ride is gravel roads since we have zero offroad truck parks anywhere close, all were bought out and changed to atv/utv/motox parks.

But yami has always made durable stuff, i actually talked a life long popo owner buddy into a 2017 limited addition grizzley a few months ago over a new XP 1000 sportsman. He too was getting tired of the high maintainence.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I bought a brand new Polaris scrambler the day I got hired at my job I'm at now. Loved that thing. Miss it.

Had to sell? That blows man. I'll have my Kodiak paid off in 2 more years. Bought it for 9k

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Watched the video man. That ending haha

Worst part was i missed it. Im called Dozer since i lead the way all the time and knock down trails where there are none, so after i dropped that creek bank and focused on getting across, last thing i expected was the water endo lmfao. Got across and was like, oh snap!! Just glad he supermanned over the bars and didnt get pinned under, we have To ride alot of that creek to get where we're going to where ever and somebody getting pinned is my biggest fear.

Got him winched out and no tools to access plug, he tried to turn it over and when it didnt do anything i yelled stop. Pulled him about 5miles thru the timber back to my place, removed the plug, air filter which was full of sand and water, once that was spotless hit the key and blew water out of the cylinder everywhere lol. Got jug emptied, drained crankcase that was full too, and pushed it up on his trailer. He went thru 5 gallons of oil and 4 filters purging engine before he took it riding again. Pita but alot cheaper and easier than an engine replacement lol.

Its fun though, wife and daughter both got trail boss's lil man has a scrambler 90 ive made mods To to slow it down and fit him, but buddy let wife take his grizz on a ride at this local park. Lil guy always rides with me on back for now.

Then we got 100 acres of private timber weve been making camp sites on and tons of trails, nice private 50acre lake for fishing and skiing. So thaTs been our main stay, park the 5th wheel and let the kids and their friends tear ass.
Daughter and her friend stuck at our land

Then partial shot of the lake

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Less then 3 months away and I am so fukin pumped. Taking my 2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 cc's. Gonna tear shit up. Party my ass off and do some camping. Here's a video of the pit. It's a giant party in the middle of the woods every night.

https://vimeo.com/63192610?ref=fb-share

I live 20 minutes from there and have never been to mud nats. Every now and then I think about going I just hate the crowds and idiots you will undoubtedly run into.
However it looks like the nascar infield , but better.
Have fun man, I'm sure plenty of my buddies will be there.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Worst part was i missed it. Im called Dozer since i lead the way all the time and knock down trails where there are none, so after i dropped that creek bank and focused on getting across, last thing i expected was the water endo lmfao. Got across and was like, oh snap!! Just glad he supermanned over the bars and didnt get pinned under, we have To ride alot of that creek to get where we're going to where ever and somebody getting pinned is my biggest fear.

Got him winched out and no tools to access plug, he tried to turn it over and when it didnt do anything i yelled stop. Pulled him about 5miles thru the timber back to my place, removed the plug, air filter which was full of sand and water, once that was spotless hit the key and blew water out of the cylinder everywhere lol. Got jug emptied, drained crankcase that was full too, and pushed it up on his trailer. He went thru 5 gallons of oil and 4 filters purging engine before he took it riding again. Pita but alot cheaper and easier than an engine replacement lol.

Its fun though, wife and daughter both got trail boss's lil man has a scrambler 90 ive made mods To to slow it down and fit him, but buddy let wife take his grizz on a ride at this local park. Lil guy always rides with me on back for now.

Then we got 100 acres of private timber weve been making camp sites on and tons of trails, nice private 50acre lake for fishing and skiing. So thaTs been our main stay, park the 5th wheel and let the kids and their friends tear ass.
Daughter and her friend stuck at our land

Then partial shot of the lake

Dude you have an amazing spot for offroading. That's as good as anyone could ask for. Got a lot of machinery too. I'm surprised you don't have a side by side.
I live 20 minutes from there and have never been to mud nats. Every now and then I think about going I just hate the crowds and idiots you will undoubtedly run into.
However it looks like the nascar infield , but better.
Have fun man, I'm sure plenty of my buddies will be there.
The crowds don't bother me so bad. And last year was the 1st time there weren't any fights at the pit which was surprising since it gets bigger every year. You should try it out sometime rusty.