Eggs!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
The chickens are not producing as quick as the family can consume the eggs so the wife had to grab a dozen to hold us over. Here's the visual difference between my chicken's eggs and a store bought egg. What you can't see is less fat and cholesterol, higher vitamin A, vitamin E, beta carotene and omega-3s

2noBCGm.jpg

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
So which ones are which? The right side is from your chickens, right?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Yes left side is store bought, at least that's the way it is with our chickens, lol.

Thats what I was going off of too... we dont have chickens, but our friends do and we get their overflow... Pretty awesome friend perk!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes left side is store bought, at least that's the way it is with our chickens, lol.

Yeah Mai has it correct. Another thing you notice is when you break the yoke, the store bought one spreads out where the farm egg keeps its form. The store bought white's are more runny.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Farm eggs taste way better than store bought too, especially in the summer when they're getting bugs in their diet as well as feed.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Snake, I've heard but can't confirm that farm fresh eggs behave differently while cooking/baking than store bought eggs.

Ever hear/see that?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I buy my eggs and chicken straight from a chicken farm down the road from us. cant beat the price or the taste of fresh chicken and eggs!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh boy! I can hear the science guys right now.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
We have 50 chickens and 50 ducks. I couldn't imagine having to buy eggs.
I prefer the duck eggs. More protein and vitamins. You get issues trying to peal boiled fresh eggs. They never seem to peal .

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Yes sir! Farm fresh.
They just cook with a different texture, and certainly richer taste.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Snake, I've heard but can't confirm that farm fresh eggs behave differently while cooking/baking than store bought eggs.

Ever hear/see that?

Uh... what?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes sir! Farm fresh.
They just cook with a different texture, and certainly richer taste.

Oh, I don't eat them. lol Actually the closest I will get to eating eggs is French Toast. My young men will destroy them quick though and growing men can use that.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Oh boy! I can hear the science guys right now.

If someone told you that your not a TRT candidate because you look healthy and therefore must have decent FSH, LH and test levels I wonder how much you would be bitching about the "science guys" then :)

And yes, that's a more extreme example, but the principle is the same - claiming that something has better levels of ____because of appearance.
Though I'm sure your eggs taste awesome Snake, I'll just ignore the "less fat and cholesterol, higher vitamin A, vitamin E, beta carotene and omega-3s" part unless you had them tested.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If someone told you that your not a TRT candidate because you look healthy and therefore must have decent FSH, LH and test levels I wonder how much you would be bitching about the "science guys" then :)

And yes, that's a more extreme example, but the principle is the same - claiming that something has better levels of ____because of appearance.
Though I'm sure your eggs taste awesome Snake, I'll just ignore the "less fat and cholesterol, higher vitamin A, vitamin E, beta carotene and omega-3s" part unless you had them tested.

Not for nothing but did you research what I said and found it to be untrue?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I was "bitching".

Now, had I said "I can't wait to see what those fukn science guys have to say about your eggs." Then maybe that could be considered a bitch about science guys. BTW .... science guy major here.

Last edited:

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Not for nothing but did you research what I said and found it to be untrue?

You know that's not how it works man - If someone makes a claim then the burden of proof is on them to support that claim with evidence, not on those who disagree.

Having said that, I like you Snake so here is a brief explanation (forgive the lack of references, I have zero energy to re-look through my egg folder):
Its impossible to have LESS fat & cholesterol but MORE vitamin A & E because those are fat-soluble vitamins and the only way to have higher levels is to have a higher fat content; it's that simple.
That's also what the data shows - you may get a stronger nutrient profile with organic eggs but that comes with a higher fat & cholesterol content, NOT that there is anything wrong with that. My point is that with eggs specifically, fat/chol/vit A/vit E is a package deal.

The data shows that omega-3 content of both types of eggs is roughly the same, that being insignificant. That's partially why they came up with omega-3 fortified eggs in the first place.

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I was "bitching".
Now, had I said "I can't wait to see what those fukn science guys have to say about your eggs." Then maybe that could be considered a bitch about science guys. BTW .... science guy major here.

My bad :)
The whole science guy thing usually gets brought up as a negative, hence my reaction.