Quick Forum Question

Reaction score
Let's say I curl 60 pounds for 5 reps fast but in control.

Then lets say say I Curl 40, slow and in control, For 5 reps.

which would be better for over all definition / gains. I only ask people I hear "train heavy only!" Or "train mediun with forum, you'll get just as big with stress"

Thezilla

Reaction score
It's all about contracting the muscle.... I personally like slower in control really squeezing the muscle seeing that vein in the biceps and getting that pump feeling! I personally would just throw the two you mentioned above in the same set.....one of my favorite biceps workout- sitting dumbbell bicep curs 65lbs for a set of 16(little swinging ok but try to not let it get out control) followed immediately by sitting dumbell curls 30lbs for a set of 16 really focusing on slow up and down feeling the pump...if you do it right it will make you want to cry

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
It's all about contracting the muscle.... I personally like slower in control really squeezing the muscle seeing that vein in the biceps and getting that pump feeling! I personally would just throw the two you mentioned above in the same set.....one of my favorite biceps workout- sitting dumbbell bicep curs 65lbs for a set of 16(little swinging ok but try to not let it get out control) followed immediately by sitting dumbell curls 30lbs for a set of 16 really focusing on slow up and down feeling the pump...if you do it right it will make you want to cry
65lb sitting dumbell curls for 16 reps is pretty impressive bro. I do mine on an incline bench but never go more than 45lbs. After 15 reps of that, I couldn't curl my bottle of water lol

Reaction score
Personally I like to use perfect form on all sets, but I like to cheat an extra rep or 2 once I hit failure.

New Threads