Pinning into the quads

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Does anyone pin directly into there outter quad? Which I do alot,at times it's difficult to pin my glutes,and delt pinning interferes with my job,when it becomes sore the following day! The quads work well for me & I can handle soreness there, better than my shoulder with my work, although I do notice tht when running tren, I'm more prone to hit a vein, for anyone familiar with tren & hitting a vein,it can bring some crazy reactions,I had some really legit tren ace tht would actually take your breath away when this occurs! Just looking for some feedback! Thanks

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's my favorite spot. If you divide the outer quad into an upper, middle, and lower 1/3rds, I hit the middle 1/3, more to the upper range of that area.

I've done the inner quad before too, on the teardrop. I do NOT recommend that spot.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Does anyone pin directly into there outter quad? Which I do alot,at times it's difficult to pin my glutes,and delt pinning interferes with my job,when it becomes sore the following day! The quads work well for me & I can handle soreness there, better than my shoulder with my work, although I do notice tht when running tren, I'm more prone to hit a vein, for anyone familiar with tren & hitting a vein,it can bring some crazy reactions,I had some really legit tren ace tht would actually take your breath away when this occurs! Just looking for some feedback! Thanks

Quads were my #1 injection site 7 years ago .. replaced by a member who shared a video on ventroglute injections ... less veins and super easy injection site ... when on long esters it is my only site .. I rotate left and right VG every 8 days ... as DF posted on my thread on the very topic today it can easily take 3ml ... once you go VG .. it will become your go to site ...

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Already checked it out!ty

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
quads are my least favorite especially the right leg

even with my 29g 1/2 insulin pins

65% of the time it will hurt sometimes even get a twitch or spazm

glutes are 95% painless delts 90% painless

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
It's my favorite spot. If you divide the outer quad into an upper, middle, and lower 1/3rds, I hit the middle 1/3, more to the upper range of that area.

I've done the inner quad before too, on the teardrop. I do NOT recommend that spot.

Ive been doing the teardrop recently...no issues

Reactions: CJ

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've have never pinned in the quads. Never will either

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ive been doing the teardrop recently...no issues

It was a coin flip for me. Either was fine, or if there was any swelling at all, it spread to the knee joint and I was effectively crippled for a week.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
When I was younger, the doc fukked up a quad injection. And I believe I have PTSD from it. I never have done quads.

Sometimes. I tell myself, fukk it, just do it. and then, I pin my chest.

I think the doctor hit a nerve or something. I was in pain for like a year. I was probably eight or nine so, it really ****ed me up.

My injection sites are, chest, shoulders, and lat. If I had someone to do my rear delts, they would be added into.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For me it’s dose dependent. 1 cc or less - delts, 1 to 2 ccs quads, anything more is glutes.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I pin outer quads, no issues fer me. Alternate 'em with VGs and ye have 4 spots which are highly visible and accessible.

wont touch the quads, hit something everytime, every single damn time. cant find the VG...watched that video IDK how many times, tried both sides of the leg, just invisible as fauk

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wont touch the quads, hit something everytime, every single damn time. cant find the VG...watched that video IDK how many times, tried both sides of the leg, just invisible as fauk

Here's a way to help find the VG: if ye have done any martial arts, hold a side kick in the mirror. That muscle that flexes near wear yer belt line is on yer kicking leg, thats yer VG.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've found that if I'm standing, and internally rotate my hip as much as I can, and flex the glutes on that side, the VG pops right out, like HERE I AM!!!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's a way to help find the VG: if ye have done any martial arts, hold a side kick in the mirror. That muscle that flexes near wear yer belt line is on yer kicking leg, thats yer VG.

yeah i watched the video and pretty much did exactly what you said... just see my quad tighten up and my hip bone poke out. even doing it relaxed vs flexed and its like the hip bone extrudes so far out it keeps it hidden.

I've found that if I'm standing, and internally rotate my hip as much as I can, and flex the glutes on that side, the VG pops right out, like HERE I AM!!!

Tried that as well. tried on both left and right side rotating in both directions, flexed and unflexed. used finger to see if could find anything flexing but its like my darn hip bone wants to hide it. pretty much paused video while at mirror just to try and push on same area

ripper

Reaction score
I used to hit the outer quads regularly in the rotation. It was never my preferred spot as I go in slow and always felt like I was maneuvering around nerves/blood vessels. I ultimately had a bad inject on one side that must have swollen up right by a nerve or something and I ended up with some nerve damage that caused some atrophy in the lower outter quad near the knee. Was "uncomfortable" for probably 4-6 wks as the muscle slowly shrank. It's not visibly noticable to anyone else but I can tell as I know what it was before. Can't say it impacted strength but I haven't hit the outter quads since.

I have hit the upper quads on the front of my body (vs the side) and again while it's not my preference its a viable spot. Saw plenty of vids of guys hitting that spot, saw numerous times of nurse giving shots to the kids in that spot so I felt comfortable enough with when I need a new spot in the rotation.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For me it’s dose dependent. 1 cc or less - delts, 1 to 2 ccs quads, anything more is glutes.

DK have you ever tried VG's ... so much easier to reach than glute ... unless someone else is doing the injection ...

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I pin outer quads upper and lower alternating. I move them around to ventro, delts and lats too at times.