Reason to take AI

Reaction score
I’m on 500mg/week on test e. I started taking 0.25 mg of arimidex twice a week on pin days due to sensitive nips. The arimidex helped with the nips but now I’m experiencing oily skin and acne. Would the oily skin and acne be a good enough reason to increase the AI to 0.5 mg twice a week? My concern is that I may drop my e2 too low.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
You're the nurse. I'd hope you got bloods before even introducing an AI...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Did you really have to use the word n!ps twice? Or at all? You people are disgusting.

Reaction score
Yeah I was at 47 (normal <29) with no AI but I was 300 mg/wk at that time. I increased to 500 mg/week started the AI...got my e2 checked 2 weeks later and now I’m at 45 (normal < 29) I feel great. Just trying to get some opinions if it’s even worth it to increase my AI dose just for acne and oily skin

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Imo no. I personally like my e2 in the 50's on gear... those reference ranges don't necessarily pertain to anyone on any kind of hrt. They're a better guide for those not using exogenous testosterone... I'd start feeling moody and achey if my e2 dropped into the 20's

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I would not up your dose.
I agree with Adrenolin those references ranges are not necessarily meant for people taking test or other compounds. Could be wrong but it makes sense to me that someone who’s test levels are higher could get away with higher estrogen as there’s a ratio/balance

Someone with 3000 total test is gonna have more estrogen than someone with 500 total test. Could be wrong but that’s what I think..

also oily skin could be from the test itself no?
I believe testosterone, estrogen and progesterone can all trigger acne/oily skin

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would not up your dose.
I agree with Adrenolin those references ranges are not necessarily meant for people taking test or other compounds. Could be wrong but it makes sense to me that someone who’s test levels are higher could get away with higher estrogen as there’s a ratio/balance

Someone with 3000 total test is gonna have more estrogen than someone with 500 total test. Could be wrong but that’s what I think..

also oily skin could be from the test itself no?
I believe testosterone, estrogen and progesterone can all trigger acne/oily skin

Oily skin and acne is from the elevated testosterone levels. Look up Sebum and you'll see how elevated test levels will increase your sebum production

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Oily skin and acne is from the elevated testosterone levels. Look up Sebum and you'll see how elevated test levels will increase your sebum production
Vitamin B5, it increases coenzyme A which breaks down excess oil and sebum and helps prevent pores from being clogged.. keeps the skin much clearer on cycle. Takes a few weeks to work it's magic, but it's definitely an effective remedy if you get bad acne. I had to use it a lot at 19 and lower 20's, but not so much an issue anymore in my 30's.

Reaction score
Vitamin B5, it increases coenzyme A which breaks down excess oil and sebum and helps prevent pores from being clogged.. keeps the skin much clearer on cycle. Takes a few weeks to work it's magic, but it's definitely an effective remedy if you get bad acne. I had to use it a lot at 19 and lower 20's, but not so much an issue anymore in my 30's.

B5 in tablets or is there an injectable like the b12?