First cycle questions

FUA225

Reaction score
Okay so I’m new here try not to cringe to hard. I’m 5 10 172 pounds and super healthy I meal prep every week and have never had any health issues. Been training for a little over 2 years and decided to try a test only cycle for the first time. I’m using test prop 200mg/ml and did 350mg my first week BUT I got the test flu (not that bad) and my heart rate went up. Checked my blood pressure and it’s normal 132/78. But I can still feel my heart beating hard throughout the day and especially at night beating super heavy making it hard to sleepy and stay asleep. Super shitty sleep. I’m going to lower my dose to 200mg a week and see if my body adjusts better to that then slowly move back up. Is this normal in first cycle using prop??? Getting bloods in a few days.

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
did you shoot 350 test prop all in one shot?

Typically prop is administered every other day ...

Was curious why you decided to use a short ester?

Typically test C or E is the choice for a first cycle.

FUA225

Reaction score
Nah I was doing 50mg a day pinning ED and I used prop because it was recommended to me lol little did I know I was about to turn my ass into pin cushions hahaha I think the initial blast kicking in so fast was just a little much for my first week. What do you think? Do you think I should stick with the 350 or bump down to 200mg this week and let my body adjust to that then slowly move back up?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
350 is fine.. I'd highly reccommend rotating between glutes, quads, ventro glutes, delts and pecs... or you're going to quickly build scar tissue on your ass pinning daily.

Don't drop it to 200mg per day.. that would be pointless. That's literally a trt dose to help people produce natural levels of testosterone.

Last edited:

FUA225

Reaction score
I tried my delts and they got suuuuuuper red and swollen and hurt so bad so I’m gonna stay away from my delts but I’ve been rotating VG and glutes. Would pinning EOD be better you think? I was told pinning ED is better for blood levels

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
If eod is more comfortable for you that's just fine. Are you sure you pinned in the right part of your delt? Sometimes in smaller virgin muscles, you have to start with less volume, like a half cc in each delt, rather than the full mL in one.

FUA225

Reaction score
I did my side delt and maybe went a little low , that’s what I was thinking. Will try again! Thanks bro. The wild heartbeat and feeling it all day and night is what had me freaked and thinking I need to drop my dose. But if I should continue the 350 and it will go away then I’ll do that.

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
Nah I was doing 50mg a day pinning ED and I used prop because it was recommended to me lol little did I know I was about to turn my ass into pin cushions hahaha I think the initial blast kicking in so fast was just a little much for my first week. What do you think? Do you think I should stick with the 350 or bump down to 200mg this week and let my body adjust to that then slowly move back up?

I'd do 50mg every other day bro for starters and ramp up a bit if you feel the need.

All things being = short ester retains more hormone then a long ester.

As far as your delts? Try 5/8" 25g pins bro.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Mine speeds up a bit on some things, but not usually just test. What's your heart rate? Do you do regular cardio?

FUA225

Reaction score
Okay cool I’ll try 50mg every other day starting today!

FUA225

Reaction score
Heart rate is fine just had a physical 2 days ago and my heart and lungs were fine. Going to get bloods this week. I try and do 15 min in the treadmill before I hit the weights

FUA225

Reaction score
It’s not as much of it speeding up as it just feels like it’s beating heavy and I can feel it beating ya know? It’s a steady beat just feels really heavy

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I'd do 50mg every other day bro for starters and ramp up a bit if you feel the need.

You'd recommend wasting a first cycle experience on 175mg a wk? If it came to that, I'd just tell op to scrap the cycle until he can get some longer ester test to run an adequate dose.

350 prop is equivalent to about 400 enanthate...sucks he gotta pin frequently but he kinda jumped the gun buying gear without doing as much research as he should have.

175mg? Unless op's natural testosterone was down in the dirt prior to the cycle, I find it pointless to shut himself down on a trt level cycle.

FUA225

Reaction score
I’m going to stick to ED pins and ride it out. Thanks guys

Merlin

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. You will get use to the pins use a smaller gauge needle as discussed. I've even used slin pins (insulin needles) before for very superficial muscle groups. However that depends on the viscosity of your gear and volume of injection.

How old are you?

FUA225

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. You will get use to the pins use a smaller gauge needle as discussed. I've even used slin pins (insulin needles) before for very superficial muscle groups. However that depends on the viscosity of your gear and volume of injection.

How old are you?

I’m using slin pins 29g 1 in
I’m 25 and very lean so they work just fine.
I have nolva/clomid/hcg for PCT after the 12 week cycle. Is that overkill?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Eod is the way to go!!
I don't pin in my shoulders I get too sore as well,
And it interferes with my job!!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Pinning virgin muscle hurts, or at least it isn’t comfortable. Eventually you won’t feel it going in and afterwards you won’t feel any soreness.

my advice is to stay the course. Your BP is fine.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Pinning virgin muscle hurts, or at least it isn’t comfortable. Eventually you won’t feel it going in and afterwards you won’t feel any soreness.

my advice is to stay the course. Your BP is fine.

This...at first id get lumps be sore all the above it goes away fairly quick

Hooba

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! First cycle I even ran I went with a 400mg per ML blend of Test C and E. I figured if I went with that I would only have to pin .5ML E3D instead of a full mL per every 200 and in turn would hurt less. I've learned now no matter the amount you push in there it's still going to be a little painful at first.

New Threads