Which tablet to buy?

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking my kids are getting tablets for Xmas. Two boys, 7 & 10. I'm looking at the kindle fire hD, Samsung Galaxy, and the Nexus 7. All are process the same so that's not a factor. Just tell me which one is the coolest. I'm leaning towards the nexus because of the processor.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Add the Nabi 2 - to that list! Check it out... just bought one today.... got a two year, break, cracked screen, anything at all replacement warranty (Wal-Mart).

If you stay with that list I would opt for the Samsung Galaxy.

Either way, they are going to love it... You're a good dad bro.

Respect,
Vette

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have a ipad... its cool. but i got it for free. i wanted to get the galaxy. to me it was the "coolest". got good reviews on this nerd show i watch to get info on tech shit.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nexus 7 gets my vote.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Add the Nabi 2 - to that list! Check it out... just bought one today.... got a two year, break, cracked screen, anything at all replacement warranty (Wal-Mart).

If you stay with that list I would opt for the Samsung Galaxy.

Either way, they are going to love it... You're a good day bro.

Respect,
Vette

I just got the Nabi 2 for my 4 year old. I haven't turned it on but I think it'll be something he will grow into and have for years.

Galaxy and Nexus:

Aren't the same apps available for both? Don't they both use Google Play? If not what does the galaxy use that has more apps. Also the galaxy isn't HD I don't think. I feel like I need HD.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nexus 7, u can get the 8gb one at staples for 149

I just got one for my 6 yo daughter for an Xmas gift

All honesty, its the best bang for the buck. Get a decent case and screen protector and its g2g

Anything with android, get a NEXUS if possible...

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nexus 7, u can get the 8gb one at staples for 149

I just got one for my 6 yo daughter for an Xmas gift

All honesty, its the best bang for the buck. Get a decent case and screen protector and its g2g

Anything with android, get a NEXUS if possible...

Thanks. That's what I'm leaning towards too, even though my 10 year old is asking for the galaxy. I just think the nexus screen and processor are enough to make a difference.

Also still thinking about the Nabi 2. Would the older kids like that or would he feel like its a little kids you because of the bumper and preloaded kids apps?

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just realized the nexus 7 doesn't have an hdmi output. Why?????????????

Damn you capitalism!

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Both the Nabi 2 and the Samsung have mini HDMI outputs....

LOL,
Vette

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have no real op on 7 inch, my mom rocks a kindle fire she digs it alot. but if fire power you are looking for my asus transformer rocks a quad core processor with 9hr batt life and a optional laptop dock that turns it into a net book and gives it another 9hrs of battery life :) I have a regular lappie that just collects dust since I scored this baby sets you back 6bills almost all in but well worth it! my by far #1 tech toy and i gotz lots of toys

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He's looking for something for his kids.

149$ 8Gb nexus 7 is the best bet.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nexus 7. What you lack in hardware you make up for by always having the latest firmware.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nexus 7. What you lack in hardware you make up for by always having the latest firmware.

The nexus 7 has more than decent hardware as well, the tegra 3 is very good, specially for the price.

8gb should be plenty for a child.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The nexus 7 has more than decent hardware as well, the tegra 3 is very good, specially for the price.

8gb should be plenty for a child.
I'm very anti nvidia. The only reason I support the n7 is because it is a Nexus device.

8gb will go quick for a child. They like games. Games are big.