Night Vision

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive purchased several of these scopes over the years. Unless you have the money for military grade or about 5K to spend on thermal save your money this Christmas.

Dont get one at Acadamy or over the counter. If you must see in the dark with out a flashlight and dont have 5K do this...

Take what cash you have in your pocket at the time and light it on fire its cheaper and youll see better. Speaking from exp. dont make the same mistakes I did. Happy Holidays

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Game do u need to have a special permit to buy a scope ?

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are three "levels" of night vision right? Each one bing better clarity?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im not qualified to answer that.

The guy that sold me my therm is a personal friend. I didnt ask if there are regulations. Not sure about the Gen 1,2..military scopes.

Ask BubbaGump.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I gave up on night vision this therm is the shit. I will find Bigfoot with this.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
never used night vision but high end regular scopes add a good bit of light at night but they are expensive as well. its amazing what you can see after dark with a zeiss or swarovski scope.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I gave up on night vision this therm is the shit. I will find Bigfoot with this.

hahahaha I could do some damage control on the mountain lions around here. always see them on people's trailcams but never during the day

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
never used night vision but high end regular scopes add a good bit of light at night but they are expensive as well. its amazing what you can see after dark with a zeiss or swarovski scope.

second that. rifle season I tried out my buddie's swarovski and wow, didn't know what I had been missing. Opened up another 5-10 minutes of hunting time

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sam my uncle is a game ranger in CO and he said that if the cat knows youve seen him your usually safe. He also said that if they know you havent spotted them they may not be able to resist their preditory instint to jump on you and see how it goes or how you taste. Scary. He took a pic of 3 sitting by his car as he was warming it up one morning, 2 were over 200lbs. I will post it when I get him to resend it to me.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This therm will show a heat sig 10 -15 min after someone has touched something. Depending on the time of the year. Its ususally hot down here so it works well for me.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sam my uncle is a game ranger in CO and he said that if the cat knows youve seen him your usually safe. He also said that if they know you havent spotted them they may not be able to resist their preditory instint to jump on you and see how it goes or how you taste. Scary. He took a pic of 3 sitting by his car as he was warming it up one morning, 2 were over 200lbs. I will post it when I get him to resend it to me.
BADASS! I would love to see that! I don't think there are any that large around here, but local news hellicopter was filming a black panther looking one on the river last week. lol not much goes on here in oklahoma

curls

Reaction score
High end therm systems can run you 12-20k.

curls

Reaction score
Always fun to play with new toys. It sounds like you got a good deal at 4500 and a good quality you are happy with.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to have some sick ass PVS-14 GEN 3. I used to be big into air soft..... Like 5 years ago

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
with all due respect thats whats wrong with the US - this and access to firearms

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
with all due respect thats whats wrong with the US - this and access to firearms

Night vision isnt going to hurt anyone anytime soon. Access to firearms is a hotly debated subject. I dont carry one although I should. I have one pistol in a safe at my shop. These are tools of the trade for me because of access to firearms and the nuts I deal with daily. That said I dont think restricting access to firearms will solve anything.

One of this countrys problems is men need to start being men agian and responsible for raising their children. That means beating their ass if necessary. Mothers need to stop raising whinning little boys and let Dads be dads. Kids have no fear of adults anymore they grow up but never mature.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

What's wrong with US is people with daddy issues having access to guns, any country where you can't have a gun in order to potentially defend yourself against the government is a country where you aren't free. They are bending you over with propaganda and patting you on the head saying good boy.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

if we wanted the rest of worlds opinion we would squeeze their head until the opinon popped out.

i was given a gun the day i was born and have had guns my entire life , the only person in danger from me is a person that needs killing anyway.