UFC 158 friendly reminder.....

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just a friendly reminder fellas - i know anything can happen i would just like to ask everyone to remember to give our beloved brother bundy as much hell as you possibly can after GSP whips the dog shit out of Nick Diaz tonight. thank you.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really want Nick to win but his style against George is a sure loss.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
diaz gonna whoop that ass

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!

Sorry BB Diaz is a punk bitch. I hope he swallows his teeth.

To Be The Man You Gotta Beat The Man!

Whoooooooooooo!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!

Sorry BB Diaz is a punk bitch. I hope he swallows his teeth.

To Be The Man You Gotta Beat The Man!

Whoooooooooooo!

Rick Flair!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stockton going down....

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pulling for cote and condit also.

bB...I like your boy diaz. but he will tale the loss.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
then im ready for that sonnen and jones. vs silva vs the world

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Diaz loses in rnd 2

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Hendricks pulls off the W!! I like that guy!!!

SAD

Reaction score
Bit of a disappointing card.

Cote and Voelker was an early frontrunner for fight of the night, until the 3 blind judges gave it to Cote, ruining the whole fight.

Camozzi and Ring was a boring fight, but one that Ring easily won, yet the judges gave it to Camozzi. Ridiculous.

Elkins and Carvalho could have been an awesome fight, but an early stoppage by Yves Lavigne ruined it.

Ellenberger looked AWESOME against Marquardt.

Condit and Hendricks was the fight of the night, although I could've seen it going Condit's way more easily than Hendricks. Hendricks had 12 takedowns, yes, but not effective once down at all. In fact I think he took more damage than he gave on the ground.

St. Pierre was typical St. Pierre, doing what he had to do to win, but not impressing anyone or making for an exciting fight at all.

I'm out $55 and saw two good fights, two really bad decisions, one questionable decision, and an early stoppage. :tren:

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree on Condit vs hendricks being fight of night. I thought hendricks won though. Condit is a tough motherfucker though. he doesn't have any quit in him.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was suprised they gave the win to Cote, he clearly lost. few other ok fights. Hendricks is no joke, i called that fight with him winning and i think he won 2 out of the 3 rounds.

GSP did what he had to do.....Diaz has an unorthadox stile and he's also arguibly the best boxer in MMA, yet GSP did stand and strik with him in the later rounds. his jab was much more effective than Diaz's was. He frusterated the hell out of diaz by throwing him around for the first 3 rounds at will.

I usually go to somewhere that is showing the fight....like bufflo wild wings or something so i don't have to pay %55 for those cards that turn out to be week.

cougar

Reaction score
All I can say is the class of the night was Voelker leaving the ring with a smile on his face. He got robbed...There's no way Cote won that 3rd round or the fight. Home cookin...

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SAD's assessment x2

It's disheartening when the "champ" does little to try and finish the fight. takedowns, superman jabs, and wrestling all score points, but they don't finish fights. If you're not working for the finish you're stalling. You have to try and finish the guy on the ground not throw 1 knee and 1 elbow every time you get a takedown while wrestling for a "dominant" position for 3 minutes..

The crazy part is GSP was winning on the feet.. why would he continue to take him down? because takedowns are an easier/safer way to win. Champs that say they want to be known as the best in the sport should try to finish every fight. just my opinion

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why take unnecessary shots that make mush brained retired fighters. You guys are kids and obviously don't think the long game. GSP is smart as they come and I'd take the same route to my 8th consecutive Title defending fight in a row too.

GSP won and took little damage.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SAD's assessment x2

It's disheartening when the "champ" does little to try and finish the fight. takedowns, superman jabs, and wrestling all score points, but they don't finish fights. If you're not working for the finish you're stalling. You have to try and finish the guy on the ground not throw 1 knee and 1 elbow every time you get a takedown while wrestling for a "dominant" position for 3 minutes..

The crazy part is GSP was winning on the feet.. why would he continue to take him down? because takedowns are an easier/safer way to win. Champs that say they want to be known as the best in the sport should try to finish every fight. just my opinion

Finishing a fight is always immpressive, but it's not just about finishing....it's about winning.

it wasn't as if he just took Diaz down and laid there for 4 minutes, he worked...constantly. Diaz was frusterated as hell because he couldn't stop GSP from taking him down, and he couldn't get off his back.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
gsp did what he was supposed to do. out classed diaz and stayed away from his strengths. its not the popular fight but its what an intelligent fighter does. its the same with that loud mouth mayweather, he avoids contact and outclasses those he boxes. not popular but highly effective.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
gsp did what he was supposed to do. out classed diaz and stayed away from his strengths. its not the popular fight but its what an intelligent fighter does. its the same with that loud mouth mayweather, he avoids contact and outclasses those he boxes. not popular but highly effective.

Exactly 187, had his ego ruled him like 80% of fighters he'd beat the fuck up really bad and taken a chance on losing his title. Not saying he didn't take some, but stnding with Diaz when you don't have to............anyone know know math?