My eperience with DNP

Reaction score
Hi !

New on the site. Old in general. :)

So, I am a new member and I sort of skipped the introduction on the main board.

Age 51, lifting weights/strength training (in and out) since 16. Tried a lot of supplements (even Cybergenics back then) and a little bit of PED 20-30 years ago.

I just finished a DNP cycle of 28 days, using the “slow and little” approach.

Starting weight: 88.3 kgs -> 85.4 kgs (after 14 days) -> 87.4 kgs (day 29)

I will check it again in 5 – 7 days to see if I will loose water.

Height: 1.78 m (stayed unchanged :) )

Day 1- Day 14: 100mgs / day

Diet during these days (more or less): very low calories, one meal a day (sort of). Note: intense personal problems which helped with lost of apetite etc.

Day 15- Day 28: 200mgs / day (tapering on to 300 mg/ day for 6 days, than off to 200 mg)

I used DNP calculator created by DiggyV -UK-Muscle for which I am grateful.

Highest amount in the body (considering the long life of the compound) was 560 mg at some point.

Side effects:

- need to pee almost every few hour etc, loose stools (both these make going here and there quite difficult, lucky for the remote job, otherwise being away from a toilet for few hours would have seem impossible); the multitude of supplements might have “helped”;

- insomnia (not because of sweating etc), just difficulties in falling asleep, solved in a way by supplements)

- thirst (huge)

- sort of throat burn (calmed by drinking water)

Didn’t use it on empty stomach having some gastrointenstinal problems.

- hunger: increased only in the last 5-10 days, maybe after increasing the dose and sort of started to eat more;

Missing:

- sweat, hot etc Background disclaimer: I am living in a cold climate, feeling cold all the time and working/sitting in a cold room for more than 10 hours a day ; room temperature: 16-18 degrees Ceslsius , so I was really waiting for the “hot” sensation; would have been helpful with the gas bill as well :)

I assume is dose dependant.

Side effect (might be not related at all) very stuffed nose all the period; might be the chronic sinusitis.

Visual: seems that I am more “defined” but hard to tell without proper measurement. I know that DNP mostly burned fat.

Supplements used all this period (sometimes forgetting some of them) – those have been really expensive:

VitC - 3 gram only for a few days; I have a long experience with it and I do believe in health benefits (doctoryourself site) but I am not really sure with DNP cycle, at least not for me: diuretic effect, and loose bowels

VitE: 400 IU / day ; not the first days because I received the bottle after 2 weeks

ALA : 300 - 900 mgs; I have a long experience with it; it seems that it may may lower levels of triiodothyronine

NAC: 600 mg

Multimineral: 1 tbla / day

Omega 3: 1-3 grams / day

VitD: 4000 IUs

CoQ10 - Red Yeast: treatment for my cholesterol

Synephrine: sometimes before training

Hordenine: sometimes in the 2nd part of the day as mild stimulant and to curb the apetite

Coffe: 1 teaspoon / day (needed this but is a little bit diuretic as well, which might explain the urge to pee every hour etc)

Glutathion: 200 mg / day ; not the first days because I received the bottle after 2 weeks

Magnezium and Melatonine at night for sleep.

Training: 10-40 days of indoor cycling (not everyday), walking, some core

I avoided weight training on purpose: it seems that lately (probably due to the slower metabolism) I pack on size and weight quite easy (fat as well, water retention). In the last summer I almost reached 44cm (43.8 cm) on my right arm but no one cared about, not even me :)

Hope that my experience will help (in a positive or negative way)

Beti ona

Reaction score
I don't understand why you stopped lifting weights, you need to reduce the chance of catabolism when dieting and give your body the idea that it needs to maintain muscle.

I understand the problems of insomnia even in winter, just in the summer with the heat and the sweat it gets much worse, sometimes I've been lying on the wooden floor trying to sleep, lol.

Right now where I live we have temperatures of 0 to 5 degrees at night, it feels good to sleep in DNP and not have to cover yourself with a bunch of sheets and all that shit.

Reaction score
I don't understand why you stopped lifting weights, you need to reduce the chance of catabolism when dieting and give your body the idea that it needs to maintain muscle.

I understand the problems of insomnia even in winter, just in the summer with the heat and the sweat it gets much worse, sometimes I've been lying on the wooden floor trying to sleep, lol.

Right now where I live we have temperatures of 0 to 5 degrees at night, it feels good to sleep in DNP and not have to cover yourself with a bunch of sheets and all that shit.
Hi ! I stopped lifting weights (or at least temporary diminshed the focus on that) because of several reasons: I enjoy it too much and tend to do this instead of aerobic / cardio :); I have the tendency tp gain weight very easy once I lift; I want only to lose weight at this moment (being it even from muscle...wow heresy :) ) Other reasons as well. I know that muscle increase the metabolism etc etc But - without very strict diet - I never lost weight, fat etc while lifting only. So cardio (sort of) and diet this time.
I am stuck at 85-90 kgs for so long and try to do anything to go lower than 80...
Huge cravings, apetite etc ; adding alchohol will speed me up to 100kgs .....muscle and all....Sober since 29.12.2022. Also no social life :)
Unfortunately, at the above doses, my temperature seems that stayed low. Plus still feeling cold to very cold almost always. Maybe in the last part of the cycle I let go one layer of clothes :). Seems worse when I am fasting (lowering carbs etc)